Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-05-2018, 11:39 PM
Master
The garden

Hello,

Being spring time in my neck of the world thoughts about gardens come to mind.

Looking at life here upon this Earth as a garden.

There is the soil which may hold nutrients. Fed by the various life that may grow in the garden.

There is the rain that may come to bring needed moisture and cleanse away debris.

There is light bringing needed energy to the life forms to process and grow.

There is darkness and shade to bring needed rest and comfort from the heat.

Various plants supporting the various other life forms that may come to feed, visit, or live.

Each element supporting the life with in the garden.

One may come into the garden and notice what may attract one attention and share with another what is noticed.
One may even work to help form the garden and help nurish it.

The garden itself goes about its business. Adapting and adjusting to the changes made.

It brings peace and when one spends time in the garden a natural sense of harmony arise with in. One find caring for it and even loving what it freely gives.

So, sharing these thoughts because wonder if the world was treated like a garden, our garden, what would do you feel/think would happen?

What is a garden to you?

Just sharing in some creative thoughts and welcome one to share in his/her as well. A reflection in a way upon life.

Thank you
Old 08-05-2018, 01:49 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

Being spring time in my neck of the world thoughts about gardens come to mind.

Looking at life here upon this Earth as a garden.

There is the soil which may hold nutrients. Fed by the various life that may grow in the garden.

There is the rain that may come to bring needed moisture and cleanse away debris.

There is light bringing needed energy to the life forms to process and grow.

There is darkness and shade to bring needed rest and comfort from the heat.

Various plants supporting the various other life forms that may come to feed, visit, or live.

Each element supporting the life with in the garden.

One may come into the garden and notice what may attract one attention and share with another what is noticed.
One may even work to help form the garden and help nurish it.

The garden itself goes about its business. Adapting and adjusting to the changes made.

It brings peace and when one spends time in the garden a natural sense of harmony arise with in. One find caring for it and even loving what it freely gives.

So, sharing these thoughts because wonder if the world was treated like a garden, our garden, what would do you feel/think would happen?

What is a garden to you?

Just sharing in some creative thoughts and welcome one to share in his/her as well. A reflection in a way upon life.

Thank you

Sorry, I didn't get the creative meaning of the thoughts you shared. Do you care to explain?

A garden can be an oasis of nature in the man made "desert".
Old 08-05-2018, 02:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Sorry, I didn't get the creative meaning of the thoughts you shared. Do you care to explain?

A garden can be an oasis of nature in the man made "desert".

Hi invavalan,

Creative was referring to my thoughts expressed in regards to using the garden as a metaphor ( if you like) in observing the interaction of nature and the relationship with it. Letting the thoughts just flow.

How we care for the garden, tend to it, just sit and enjoy what unfolds. How do we do this unto each other and the Earth?, comes to mind.

I very much like "can be an oasis in the man made "desert"".

Which inspires me to reflect upon what is the oasis one finds when feeling lost in ones own " desert"?

Thank you
Old 08-05-2018, 06:44 PM
Master

BIG YELLOW TAXI by JONI MITCHELL
Old 08-05-2018, 11:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
BIG YELLOW TAXI by JONI MITCHELL

Thanks for the link.
I always enjoyed the song and interesting to read Joni Mitchell's own take on her song. She's brilliant.
Still relevant today in many ways. Sad to say.

Brings to mind to be grateful for the moments in life and what is given.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:26 PM
Master
Hello, further reflections upon the garden theme.

When feeling stressed or overwhelmed, always found comfort in nature.

Find working in a garden gives a real sense of connection.
There is always something going on. It is subtle at times, other times pops out at me.

The ever changing landscape in the cycles and what comes up.

What seems pointed at by the teachers, teachings, masters, and such reflected with in the garden.

Life in its many forms and manifestation. The subtle calming energy. The stillness and movements. Allowing each to be as created. The pull to care and nurture and participate in its growth. So don't need to look far to see it unfold before one.

The gift given and asking for nothing in return. Giving its own bit of gratitude for the care given through the beauty and peace one may find.

This seems to dance with the spirit and carried on with in the being. Remembering to be still, there is still beauty, and to be grateful. Even if just for the moment given.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:30 PM
Master
Hello Moonglow - lovely, very pithily suggestive, 'garden' image/mediation, which I deeply resonate with. Reminded me of some images/meditations/affirmations/prayers which I included in my book. I share the relevant excerpt below. Please know I don't mean to eclipse your sharing/offering, which I for one greatly appreciate as being very contributive. I just wish to offer/share more along the same lines - the part (near the end) relating to a 'pond' ecosystem at least strikes me as being quite similar to the 'garden' and 'oasis' ideas:
Whatever your condition, recognize you wouldn’t even exist if the Life-Force wasn’t with you in significant measure. Whatever else you may think of it, it was enough to provide you with the positive experiences you have had and sustain you, despite negative ones, till the present point. Take heart and be glad—such wealth and potency is still accessible and at your disposal. Only if and as you appreciate and embrace Life as beneficent opportunity will you be inclined to positively utilize its power.

Next, because you won’t be able to proficiently execute and fulfill such purpose otherwise, truly understanding your context is what you should primarily dedicate yourself to. (Since accepting and recognizing what will make the best of what is is all that this basically requires, anyone who sincerely desires to do so can accomplish this much. It is well within the range of your capability, I assure you.)

You may do so by yourself or with the help of understanding others. Either way, it is essential that you register and keep being conscious of the ramifications of the fact that all that the world is and all that transpires within it is the cumulative result of what has, from moment to moment since time began, been attitudinally entertained and intentionally purposed. What you encounter in Life and what you ‘naturally’ think, feel and do (or fail to), at any given point, is the result of prior psychospiritual programming—that of antecedent others, your own till the present, and that of those you’ve been or still are involved with and related to. Therefore, though all things not contrary to Life Itself are possible, they are not necessarily so in short order. As anyone wishing to be an artist must do with his or her medium, to be creative, you must learn to work with the impetus of history, as it pertains to you and those around you in particular.

It may, and usually does, therefore take a fair amount of time and thoughtful dedication to bring about constructive change, especially if your goal is grand and your aim far-reaching. You must pace yourself and maintain your morale as you make your way. Creative process is more like a long-distance, cross-country journey, in which one must get through dense woods and across rivers and ravines (occasionally even deserts and mountains), than a flat-out 100-meter run.

If you are going to make significant progress, it is essential that you develop and sustain the kinds of attitude and intention that will enable you to recover from mishaps and setbacks and keep moving forward despite hindrance and adversity. Among other things, this means that, while fully recognizing the relative unimportance of each particular step that you take and therefore being relaxed regarding and indifferent to immediate result, you must nevertheless assiduously attempt whatever you think will lead to the best possible outcome at each point en route. For this to be the case, in addition to faith, hope, appreciation and understanding, which I have already emphasized, steadfast determination is also requisite in good measure.

To help focus and intensify the Life-Force within you in the foregoing respects (at least, till you yourself are able to knowingly invent methods that are more personally suitable or you become ‘naturally’ geared in such mode), I recommend visualizing, meditating about, and, as they suit your purpose, psychospiritually identifying and merging with specific elements in scenes depicting healthy, ecologically-balanced Life.

For example, contemplate a tree by the side of a pond, absorbing water and minerals from the ground through its roots, branches full of leaves synthesizing energy from the sun, blossoming and flowering, producing seed-bearing fruit, yielding these to those who need sustenance, and providing those who come by with shade and shelter. Alternatively, center your attention on the pond itself, as, fed by flowing springs of rain-supplied water and enriched by rain-dissolved minerals, it sustains fish as well as aquatic plants and animals, rehydrates those who thirst, and cleanses and delights bathers and swimmers. The essence of Life can be accessed by mentally and emotionally ‘tapping into’ the various components and general gestalt of such images.

To the same end, I recommend Life-affirming and Life-enhancing avowals and mantras, such as “I am Intelligence, the Spirit of Creativity, Positive Purpose in action;” “In relation to whoever I am dealing with, whatever comes my way, that which is best for Life is what I’ll know, think, do and say;” and “Life is good, Life is great; I am an integral part of It!” Distracting and counterproductive thoughts and feelings can be excluded and mind and heart beneficially focused and concentrated by becoming engaged in repeating and listening to such phrases, either quietly or aloud, with meaning and feeling.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Hello Moonglow - lovely, very pithily suggestive, 'garden' image/mediation, which I deeply resonate with. Reminded me of some images/meditations/affirmations/prayers which I included in my book. I share the relevant excerpt below. Please know I don't mean to eclipse your sharing/offering, which I for one greatly appreciate as being very contributive. I just wish to offer/share more along the same lines - the part (near the end) relating to a 'pond' ecosystem at least strikes me as being quite similar to the 'garden' and 'oasis' ideas:
Whatever your condition, recognize you wouldn’t even exist if the Life-Force wasn’t with you in significant measure. Whatever else you may think of it, it was enough to provide you with the positive experiences you have had and sustain you, despite negative ones, till the present point. Take heart and be glad—such wealth and potency is still accessible and at your disposal. Only if and as you appreciate and embrace Life as beneficent opportunity will you be inclined to positively utilize its power.

Next, because you won’t be able to proficiently execute and fulfill such purpose otherwise, truly understanding your context is what you should primarily dedicate yourself to. (Since accepting and recognizing what will make the best of what is is all that this basically requires, anyone who sincerely desires to do so can accomplish this much. It is well within the range of your capability, I assure you.)

You may do so by yourself or with the help of understanding others. Either way, it is essential that you register and keep being conscious of the ramifications of the fact that all that the world is and all that transpires within it is the cumulative result of what has, from moment to moment since time began, been attitudinally entertained and intentionally purposed. What you encounter in Life and what you ‘naturally’ think, feel and do (or fail to), at any given point, is the result of prior psychospiritual programming—that of antecedent others, your own till the present, and that of those you’ve been or still are involved with and related to. Therefore, though all things not contrary to Life Itself are possible, they are not necessarily so in short order. As anyone wishing to be an artist must do with his or her medium, to be creative, you must learn to work with the impetus of history, as it pertains to you and those around you in particular.

It may, and usually does, therefore take a fair amount of time and thoughtful dedication to bring about constructive change, especially if your goal is grand and your aim far-reaching. You must pace yourself and maintain your morale as you make your way. Creative process is more like a long-distance, cross-country journey, in which one must get through dense woods and across rivers and ravines (occasionally even deserts and mountains), than a flat-out 100-meter run.

If you are going to make significant progress, it is essential that you develop and sustain the kinds of attitude and intention that will enable you to recover from mishaps and setbacks and keep moving forward despite hindrance and adversity. Among other things, this means that, while fully recognizing the relative unimportance of each particular step that you take and therefore being relaxed regarding and indifferent to immediate result, you must nevertheless assiduously attempt whatever you think will lead to the best possible outcome at each point en route. For this to be the case, in addition to faith, hope, appreciation and understanding, which I have already emphasized, steadfast determination is also requisite in good measure.

To help focus and intensify the Life-Force within you in the foregoing respects (at least, till you yourself are able to knowingly invent methods that are more personally suitable or you become ‘naturally’ geared in such mode), I recommend visualizing, meditating about, and, as they suit your purpose, psychospiritually identifying and merging with specific elements in scenes depicting healthy, ecologically-balanced Life.

For example, contemplate a tree by the side of a pond, absorbing water and minerals from the ground through its roots, branches full of leaves synthesizing energy from the sun, blossoming and flowering, producing seed-bearing fruit, yielding these to those who need sustenance, and providing those who come by with shade and shelter. Alternatively, center your attention on the pond itself, as, fed by flowing springs of rain-supplied water and enriched by rain-dissolved minerals, it sustains fish as well as aquatic plants and animals, rehydrates those who thirst, and cleanses and delights bathers and swimmers. The essence of Life can be accessed by mentally and emotionally ‘tapping into’ the various components and general gestalt of such images.

To the same end, I recommend Life-affirming and Life-enhancing avowals and mantras, such as “I am Intelligence, the Spirit of Creativity, Positive Purpose in action;” “In relation to whoever I am dealing with, whatever comes my way, that which is best for Life is what I’ll know, think, do and say;” and “Life is good, Life is great; I am an integral part of It!” Distracting and counterproductive thoughts and feelings can be excluded and mind and heart beneficially focused and concentrated by becoming engaged in repeating and listening to such phrases, either quietly or aloud, with meaning and feeling.

Hello davidsun,

First you eclipse nothing, but bring your own wonderful creative thoughts and insights.
Which is some of what I intended to leave open for those that wish to share.

Thank you for the uplifting words and the reminder for me that all has its place and purpose being here, including me and you. To find this affirmed with in and without.

Very cool meditation exercise presented. Found a calm in the images. Find at times what is thought to be "beyond" is right by my side.

Just adding some of my own reflection and appreciate yours.
Old 11-05-2018, 11:44 PM
Master
Hello,

Find myself reflecting upon What is it that I have planted with in the garden of life?

Sometimes a seed appears as an idea.
Sometimes given by another,
Sometimes unknown as to where it comes from
A simple word of support
A smile
An act of kindness
Many of these get spoken about, but when acted out, is it known what may be planted?
Yes, at times intentionally plant an idea, advice, suggestion, or act to hopefully help.
But, what gets planted may take on a life of its own and what was intended or not may take root, but what grows may be more then expected.

Like saying something kind to someone, just to be kind. But, the words may change that persons outlook and may even change his/her life.

Seems it can get over complicated in over thinking about it. At times just throwing the seeds of kindness, caring, and honesty can give birth to some wonderful results. Letting them go and what takes root will take growth on its own and what does not may not be ready at present or meant to be.

May take some planning and discernment at times. For what seeds ((desires/thoughts) are being held and what does one desire to place in the garden (world)?

We all contribute, as well as every living being and thing, IMO.

Looking at it this way for myself has me realizing that what seems separate or out of reach is just simply what I have not noticed. But, the influences seem to be there none the less. Subtle at times, waiting for the right moment to arise and give birth.

For me, it is and has been simplifying what unfolds. Don't always have to know and at times don't know. This doesn't mean can not enjoy the beauty and interactions. To find it is not always about having it be as expected, but to go with the unexpected. In this some of the best gifts are given.

Just some further thoughts.

As always welcome your thoughts/insights as well.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
May take some planning and discernment at times. For what seeds (desires/thoughts) are being held and what does one desire to place in the garden (world)?

We all contribute, as well as every living being and thing, IMO.

Looking at it this way for myself has me realizing that what seems separate or out of reach is just simply what I have not noticed. But, the influences seem to be there none the less. Subtle at times, waiting for the right moment to arise and give birth.

For me, it is and has been simplifying what unfolds. Don't always have to know and at times don't know. This doesn't mean can not enjoy the beauty and interactions. To find it is not always about having it be as expected, but to go with the unexpected. In this some of the best gifts are given.
A jam session between 'resonating' musicians comes to mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f0YcXNEQlo