Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 05-06-2018, 02:59 PM
Master

Absolute knowledge exists, but it is not of the nature of intellectual knowledge.

If you are trying to comprehend absolute knowledge through mere intellectual knowledge you might not be successful.

Absolute knowlege seems to be of the nature of pure consciousness, and this is something more subtler than the mind and hence thought will not be able to comprehend it.

Meditation or present moment awareness would be a better tool to comprehend it.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 05-06-2018, 06:06 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1

"absolute knowledge" = what exactly?

"pure consciousness" vs non-pure consciousness = what exactly?

Absolute truth = there can only exist five regular/symmetrical and convex polyhedra of Universe aka cosmic principle ergo inviolate ergo eternal ergo true everywhere and everywhen.

Now that is specific and there even exists pictures of this principle. Even tho pictures may be worth a thousand words as humans we have created tools of words to communicate our experiences to self and others and knowledged based metaphyscial-1, mind/intellect/conceptual principles and conclusions using words.

Words = intellectual tool for communication of abstract concepts.

Words = intellectually complex ways of communicating here at SF

Do away with intellect and see how well humans communicate.

Much less communication would be the resultant of no access to intellect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
Absolute knowledge exists, but it is not of the nature of intellectual knowledge.

If you are trying to comprehend absolute knowledge through mere intellectual knowledge you might not be successful.

Absolute knowlege seems to be of the nature of pure consciousness, and this is something more subtler than the mind and hence thought will not be able to comprehend it.

Meditation or present moment awareness would be a better tool to comprehend it.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 06-06-2018, 04:33 AM
Newbie ;)

feel how it feels to not have all the answers and not need them. or discard all beliefs and become a vessel of true knowledge from personal experience.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:56 AM
Guide

Why the emphasis on extremes?

Why can’t there be both absolute truths and relative truths? In the end, how would we be able to know for sure. Our human experience is like looking in a pinhole in a door.

We’re limited to what our senses and minds can allow us to understand, and so every truth we have is relative to the human experience. Other colors animals may see are some we can’t see, and like how an ant can never understand the idea of capitalism, we don’t have the capacity to fully understand the multiverse.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:01 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Talking Orgs or Is It Orcs? = Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerendipityLizard
Why can’t there be both absolute truths and relative truths?

Another person trying to introduce rational logical common sense into this thread and forum. This is getting out of control.

Control? What freedom loving persons wants control? Isnt control horrible past time for orgs or orcs?

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 25-07-2018, 12:10 AM
Newbie ;)

donno.. i just believe truth is what happens infront of me daily with what senses i have to interpret it, and my thoughts seem to mess it up later with poor recall. lol
Old 25-07-2018, 01:55 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
Does absolute truth exist? Or is all truth relative? Please provide evidence or logic to support your view.

Note that if you answer that there is no absolute truth, you will be quickly and efficiently refuted. Just a heads up!

Of course absolute truth exists. It has to in retrospect to absolute deception. You cannot have one without the other. Tons of research has been done on unified field, and is becoming verified by "mainstream" science.
Old 25-07-2018, 03:54 AM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Absolute and Relative Truths

Quote:
Originally Posted by offthechain225
Tons of research has been done on unified field, and is becoming verified by "mainstream" science.

"unified field"? Whatever that is doesnt seem directly related to relative or absolute truth.

Old 14-08-2018, 11:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerendipityLizard
Why the emphasis on extremes?

Why can’t there be both absolute truths and relative truths? In the end, how would we be able to know for sure. Our human experience is like looking in a pinhole in a door.

We’re limited to what our senses and minds can allow us to understand, and so every truth we have is relative to the human experience. Other colors animals may see are some we can’t see, and like how an ant can never understand the idea of capitalism, we don’t have the capacity to fully understand the multiverse.
I agree we are limited in what we understand. If it's to much we simply will go crazy. People that have a high enough IQ to process that amount info often end up in mental institutions, on drugs to numb it or even suicidal.
Old 14-08-2018, 03:46 PM
Knower

The absolute truth is that all truth is relative.

It is the only truth that can be absolute.

And if all truth is relative,

Then that truth is relative,

Must also be relative - meaning it is only sometimes relative.

And therefore, truth must sometimes be absolute.

However...

If you ponder the infinite, there is nothing that cannot be something else.

So the statement that truth can be absolute will depend on whether you believe in an infinite or finite existence.

These statements are absolute... relatively speaking.