Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 25-05-2018, 08:07 AM
Knower

hypothetical: you are partnered/married and met Jesus...

or Mary Magdalene or perhaps another catalyzing person nudging you forward in some way... without knowing any such names... just the person in the moment... spending time with you and it awoke your inner fire... with resonance that could nourish your soul growth but you know not how.

say in that fire were ingredients of love... passion... inspiration... meaningful intimacy... attraction... all of the ways one could possibly be drawn in... in a way that hadn't yet been explored in this life... even (yet) in your current partnership...

confusing.

how would you process it?

how would you feel about the awoken feelings?

would you share with your partner?

how do you believe your partner would feel about it?

what actions could transpire?

just pondering...
Old 25-05-2018, 12:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortoise Walks
or Mary Magdalene or perhaps another catalyzing person nudging you forward in some way... without knowing any such names... just the person in the moment... spending time with you and it awoke your inner fire... with resonance that could nourish your soul growth but you know not how.

say in that fire were ingredients of love... passion... inspiration... meaningful intimacy... attraction... all of the ways one could possibly be drawn in... in a way that hadn't yet been explored in this life... even (yet) in your current partnership...

confusing.

just pondering...

Hmm, it sounds like the person in this hypothetical situation is Spiritually and sexually infatuated with someone whom they have glorified in a profound way. Unfortunately, this glorified person perched atop the Spiritual pedestal is not their spouse and they perhaps might feel a twinge of guilt and conflict for their passionate desire.

If I was in this situation, I would take time to reflect upon my feelings in a calm meditative fashion. I would also remind myself that feelings are feelings and that they appear as they are; I should not be ashamed of them. I would also remind myself that I am in a loving, honest, and trusting relationship with my spouse and that there are no secrets between us. I would confide in my spouse and ask for their input about these feelings in a sensitive and compassionate way all the while reminding them that this in no way changes my love, devotion, and commitment to them. We will sort this out together honestly, lovingly, and respectfully. :)

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 25-05-2018, 03:07 PM
Experiencer

Not sure how finding someone you think (no do, but think. Really depends on the situation) you love truly and meeting Jesus have anything in common....

How i would go about it. If i was truly certain of my feelings, that this is the *one* for me, i'd go for it. The way i see life is to follow your highest good. If this thing is as good as it sounds, and i'm sure it will continue that way throughout my life or at least for many years. Sure, why not?

But yeah. Most people experiencing this aren't experiencing their true soulmate, but an infatuation so i'd be on my toes.

Also there's this thing about polyamory....
Old 10-06-2018, 09:35 PM
Knower

The reference to Jesus and Mary are making this question difficult to comprehend. Those two people have significant religious/spiritual facets. I do not equate them with sexual attraction or routine Earthly existence. If you just mean a spiritually evolved lover at a harmonious soulmate level then I can describe how it would effect me.

There would be a lot to consider. I would need the time and space to gain some objectivity. The current relationship would have a lot of interwoven elements to resolve. That person and possibly other family members stand to get hurt. There are emotional. spiritual and financial consequences. You also have to consider how you would feel about yourself.

That said, if I found myself loving someone new and I was certain this one was best for my soul I would probably do what it takes to be with them. I would try to handle the collateral effects as smoothly as possible. Ideally everyone would understand and be happy for everyone. There is that chance that the current lover would be able to love you enough to set you free to be happy and grow the fullest. This is not an impossible scenario.
Old 13-06-2018, 07:58 PM
Badcopyinc

Allow time to tell me who they are to me.

Be thankful for them bringing those out in me and showing me parts of myself that i wasn't aware of.

Most certainly

If they are my partner they would understand and be in the same place as me with letting time reveal all.

No telling.
Old 13-06-2018, 10:39 PM
Knower

Thank you for the replies thus far! I really appreciate it - particularly thoughts on sharing and trusting our partners even through mysterious and catalyzing soul/spiritual connections. I do personally identify with polyamory in that I have love for more than one. I am free to interact and know others without fear of breaking the "rules" of marriage and monogamy. DH (husband) and I thankfully have our own shared agreements. This is not the popular norm though and I wonder about a primarily monogamous culture where married men need not look at other women in any way or married women cannot shine their light among men because her light is her husbands alone.

Many wouldn't/won't explore polyamory. That's ok. It is a bit complex to navigate as a relationship style. However, the need to identify "the best One" and to fully release/leave the other doesn't resonate with me personally. I understand that one must cut away what doesn't work to make room for what does. With people and relationships there can be many ways that multiple connections can work well and thrive/grow, IMO without the b/w viewpoints. There can be harmony and balance.

I wonder though about the hurdles we set for ourselves when we deny ourselves and our partners the freedom to explore connection and intimacy with others (not necessarily sexual) when there is an energetic catalyzing element because we are monogamously commited. I see this in the infrequency of deep, intimate friendships between men and women in my sphere. The love and friendship may be there for sure but the freedom to act and participate with deep intimacy (not always sexual) is frequently stifled by partners/social expectations/judgments. It seems there is frequently deep fear that our ONEness with our spouse/partner might be somehow toppled over by another.

I'd say if you are the ONE for each other than why carry any worry/fear about it. If it shifts away from that can we be glad at the discovery that they are indeed not the ONE and now you know and can make new choices. Integrate what now.

I personally believe divine energetic connections can be part of the process to discovering our own Christ Consciousness and greatest soul purpose/expression. Jesus and Mary Magdalene are two such people who lived and walked among us in this way. I don't view them as separated from me as a fellow human being. I am thankful for their teachings and the path that Jesus' teachings reveal to me. I believe many are on a similar path in their own way. We may recognize, feel the compassionate flame, resonate and grow to see it in ourselves and others. Maybe even integrating new relationship templates and paradigms back into existing partnerships and families. Lots of soul healing potential.

With love, compassion & soul growth as a main priority for me ~ trusting what is for me will come to me and what comes my way is for me ~ even if it takes quite some time to release my own filters/resistance/projections to recognize and polish the shining gift of it all. I have felt for a long while that Spirit dances/interweaves with/in my life via many interactions with others/nature daily. Many such interactions would fail to be welcomed, recognized and explored with blinders placed upon us by our selves or by our partners/society if we live strictly to social norms and accepted rules of engagement to avoid hurt (for self/others), to fulfill outdated/confining expectations, and to bypass receiving/giving love and potential soul growth as it shows up in our life.

Edit to add: Are we the kind of partners in our relationships that can hear/receive the truth from our loves even if it is sometime challenging and seemingly hurtful at the time? Caring more for their authentic journey and experience more than being their ONE. The allowing and growing in the process of not being the ONE may just land you right back to being the ONE anyway ;-) Thinks of the the saying: Set your Love free. If it returns back to you surely it is meant for you. If it doesn't it was never yours to begin with. or something like that.

I apologize for having posted this right when my life is entering huge transitions. My free time is scattered and I put together quite a long post this morning after much reflection and then successfully deleted the draft on my phone :-/ Perhaps more percolating is necessary... Meanwhile I am still reflecting and will share more when I can.

TW