Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 16-11-2013, 11:54 AM
DeepForest

Her eyes - communication beyond words

We look into each other's eyes for long periods of time and we often reach a point where one or both of us gets embarrassed or deeply relaxed or kindly curious.

I have never seen into anyones eyes like this before. I do not know what it is catching my attention, I just know that our eyes seek contact.

There is someone or something behind her eyes. Suddenly the eyes of other people feels empty to me.

It's strange, and we both agree. We reach a strange relaxation in each other's company. At a superficial level we come from very different backgrounds (but we have similar experiences). We almost know nothing about each other, still we feel deep instant attraction. We do not know how it can be, and where it will take us.

It can be viewed as a romance, but to us it is something different. To me it feels as it is entirely at another level and "romance" would be a simplistic conception compared to an understanding based on a deeper spiritual standpoint.

I didn't want to post it in the soul mate forum because my thoughts center around the general spirituality of the meeting of two people and the role of eye contact in spirituality.
Old 16-11-2013, 12:07 PM
silent whisper

Interesting and lovely reflection and it connected me to those moments, where there are no words really that fit the *feeling* but the connection itself. And yes its not about romance, its more as if you are looking into the soul of each other and feeling something important in that moment that needs to be shared and enjoyed deeper..

I have met many souls who find it difficult to look into anothers eyes, they find it uncomfortable and unsettling, perhaps they fear being seen in this way you describe...
Old 14-12-2013, 01:07 AM
Deactivated Account
I can make eye contact with some people and yet tend to avoid it with others. I do agree that some people's eyes look empty to me. Then with others.....there just seems to be a warmth there.

I don't think there would have been anything wrong with posting this in the soulmate section. It sounds like you are describing a deep-soul connection and many would have responded to this. Though the thing I like about the "spirituality" forum is that it seems to be a mixture of threads that could come from multiple forums. Kinda like that proverbial box o chocolates. Ya never know what your gonna get.
Old 14-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
Interesting and lovely reflection and it connected me to those moments, where there are no words really that fit the *feeling* but the connection itself. And yes its not about romance, its more as if you are looking into the soul of each other and feeling something important in that moment that needs to be shared and enjoyed deeper..

I have met many souls who find it difficult to look into anothers eyes, they find it uncomfortable and unsettling, perhaps they fear being seen in this way you describe...
Yep, certainly true of me - I've recently become conscious of how much difficulty I have looking into other people's eyes, at root, I think, because I fear rejection. I've been making an effort to look at other people in the last week, though I find it's making me feel very self-conscious - I'm not giving them my full attention, I'm too concerned with how they're perceiving me. Awfully egotistical, I'm hoping it will come in time Some people just aren't very receptive, either, they're obviously lost in their own world, but I'm trying not to judge them for it or take it personally, that's just how they are at this moment and it's not a commentary on me.

With the odd person, though, I know what you mean - you can sense the warmth and empathy. I was always very dubious about the idea of love at first sight ('lust at first sight' I'd think, with an eye-roll - but that's more to do with sexual attraction, which is something else), but I'm starting to believe in it, because I think that what you see in that person is yourself, which is love (and which is also them).

EDIT I'm going to throw another song into the mix, it's just come on my media player and it seems quite fitting - Porcelina of the Vast Ocean by Smashing Pumpkins. 'In my mind I'm everyone,' Billy Corgan sings...
Old 14-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepForest

It can be viewed as a romance, but to us it is something different. To me it feels as it is entirely at another level and "romance" would be a simplistic conception compared to an understanding based on a deeper spiritual standpoint.

I can understand this.
I met few people in my life that I have this kind of deep "knowing" at soul level. - stripped away from superficiality and against all logical reasoning.

This has nothing to do with "romance" because this kind soul bond exists also within same genders as well.
When it is with a same gender, we consider it to be a deep friendship, that is often found in life long friendships.
When it is with an opposite gender, we often mistake it as a romance, but it is confusing because it is beyond that, as you stated.

It feels very strange when this kind of soul bond and familiarity exist between two virtual strangers at the human physical level.
Old 16-12-2013, 09:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepForest
We look into each other's eyes for long periods of time and we often reach a point where one or both of us gets embarrassed or deeply relaxed or kindly curious.

I have never seen into anyones eyes like this before. I do not know what it is catching my attention, I just know that our eyes seek contact.

There is someone or something behind her eyes. Suddenly the eyes of other people feels empty to me.

It's strange, and we both agree. We reach a strange relaxation in each other's company. At a superficial level we come from very different backgrounds (but we have similar experiences). We almost know nothing about each other, still we feel deep instant attraction. We do not know how it can be, and where it will take us.

I didn't want to post it in the soul mate forum because my thoughts center around the general spirituality of the meeting of two people and the role of eye contact in spirituality.

I am a relatively reclusive person, but one thing despite that I am known for is intense eye contac t, windows to the soul, it allows me to feel everything the other person isn't or doesn't feel able to say. If the other person is doing the same, wow you could get lost for hours eh!
Lovely experience Deep, long may it last :)
Loopy

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~