Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 13-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly
... There's a difference between a mental, thinking judgement of attractiveness, which is definitely not a good idea to engage in because it links up to right and wrong and good and bad. ... That doesn't mean you're judging people as being bad or wrong, it just means you don't like the way they smell!

Thanks for your humorous response to my post. I think your clarification of the points I made is valid.

I was really thinking of the social indoctrination that influences our ideas of attractiveness and beauty. This is the kind of stuff that is constantly pumped out by the media and which seems to make everybody feel unworthy.

I agree that there is an instinctual, physical level of attractiveness which has nothing to do with media stereotypes. For me this has more to do with someones energy and vitality than with mere appearances.
Old 13-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly
True, but to be honest, you can use just about any act to bring yourself closer to God - or drive yourself away.
Definitely. I believe that any thought that comes into the mind is limiting your connection with the divine source. But sex has the potential to be the biggest limitation because when you are absorbed in it, you are also absorbed in your ego. You're part of deal in which you are expecting to pleased, and are hoping to please the other person... because in return, that would bring you more pleasure. Is the love that is performed in this act extended out to the world and with the truth? I'm not sure about that because you have two people who are only interested in each other. Pure and true love is unconditional, and it doesn't depend on the situation. If you feel love during sex, then love itself is pure and independent of the act... and even of your partner. There are no beliefs involved. You don't generate love, nor do you project your love to someone because they have a certain role in your life. You love simply because it is there. The love that you feel for your partner is the same type of love that you feel for a stranger. How is this possible? Well, there are no judgments/beliefs involved. It really is that simple. People confuse love with passion a lot, which is why sex is always equated with love. In reality, people are emotional creatures and emotions just cloud their judgment. Pure love helps you see things clearly, fake love does not. If you felt real love, you would know the difference between fake and real love. No doubt about it.

Sex has the potential to limit our connection because it is used to satisfy the selfish side of you. Of course it depends on why you do it, but 99.9 % of people do it so they can feel wanted or desired (or just to satisfy biological needs). I do believe that sex can be performed as a pure act, but with that, has to come a pure mind. I'm going to be brutally honest and say that most people don't have a pure mind because it is a hard thing to achieve, but nonetheless, easy within our reach. It is easy because all you have to do is let go of wanting to satisfy your desires. If you're unwilling to do that, then of course it's going to be tough.

Also, there is something powerful about not wanting to feel pleasure all the time. Life isn't just about pleasure, it's about pain AND pleasure. You can't have one without the other, and to deny pain, but put pleasure on the pedestal.. well, you're denying the essence of reality. Fact of the matter is, sex is pleasure. Many people put sex on the pedestal because it feels good. How many people place something like "work" as high? Work can also bring you closer to God as well, but I don't see anyone talking about that. Do you know why? Because it's human nature to run to pleasure and run away from pain. However, it's your divine nature that accepts both. Animals also have sex... the same way that humans do LOL. If sex is so enlightening, how come animals aren't enlightened? After they have sex, they just want more of it. After they eat food, they're satisfied for only a little bit. Nothing knows how to run to pleasure and away from pain better than a animal. No conscience ability, whatsoever. Don't believe me? Observe your pet for a of couple hours. Obviously, just listening to your biological needs can never bring you close to God.

This is what sets humans apart because we are the most conscience beings on this planet. We have ability to question everything, even our biological needs. It's the beauty of being human. We can assess our desires and say, "you know what, it isn't about just me or my pleasure/pain. It's about the truth."

When I meant overcoming your desires, I didn't mean suppressing your desires. Suppressing your desires also means that you're giving into your desires (in some weird way). The key is NOT to want your desires and to just let it pass and say, "that's fine and dandy, but God, I just really want your love. That feels the best to me." Once you hit this point, it really is the best thing... sex and other feel good activities doesn't even come close.

BTW, I do agree that orgasms can have an enlightening effect. For like a split second, you feel connected with God. But that's like, for a split second. Same thing goes for drugs. In fact, I used drugs in the past to help me on my spiritual journey. It definitely helped me open up to my higher self, but the downfall was that I started to give it too much credit. I practiced it as a part of my spiritual routine just because it helped me feel more open. However, I realized that it was pointless because it temporarily allowed me connect. To make the connection more stable and steady, it takes willpower.
Sorry for the long post, but in short, it’s not little quick fixes here and there that will bring you closer to God. Those only allow you to temporarily connect. It’s your willpower, and you submitting yourself to God. You have to be humble, if you want to feel true love and to see things clearly. To lead a spiritual life, you don’t need to be celibate... but you do need to try and be conscience no matter what.