Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 13-11-2018, 11:24 PM
Guide

Dear Sir:

Whilst reading George Orwell's 1984, dreams ache my heart, as The Brotherhood, married to the Thought Police seem curious. I suspect that The Brotherhood, started somewhere in the Nordic region and Russia, spreading throughout the area to England,Ireland and surrounding ...i think maybe, not sure during the time of the Vikings....further examination needed.

Good day
Old 13-11-2018, 11:46 PM
Master

In "1984", the Brotherhood is the name of the secret organization whose role is to bring down the Party. In Part Two, Chapter Eight, when Winston and Julia are at O'Brien's apartment, the reader gets a sense of how the Brotherhood fulfills this role. Its members murder, cheat, forge, and betray their country.

Can't see the connections you've mentioned.

Another take ... The Brotherhood is the secret, anti-government organization headed by Emmanuel Goldstein. Whether or not the organization really exists is not made 100% clear, but it is doubtful that it exists. More likely, it, as well as Goldstein, are made up by the government of Oceania as a means of seeking out revolutionaries and anarchists. Also, by letting people believe that this person and organization exists and then by showing people the terrible fate that befalls...

The Brotherhood is the secret, anti-government organization headed by Emmanuel Goldstein. Whether or not the organization really exists is not made 100% clear, but it is doubtful that it exists. More likely, it, as well as Goldstein, are made up by the government of Oceania as a means of seeking out revolutionaries and anarchists. Also, by letting people believe that this person and organization exists and then by showing people the terrible fate that befalls those who join or associate with this organization, the Party keeps people in line. People see or hear about the tortures carried out against anyone who tries to go against the Party and their fear of that happening to them keeps them from going against the Party. In the story, Winston tries to join the Brotherhood and that is how O'Brien traps Winston and Julia who eventually are tortured into loving Big Brother and the Party. Essentially then, the Brotherhood is merely bait dangled by the Party to catch those who might want to overthrow the government.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 14-11-2018, 03:12 AM
Guide

What's the deal with the United Kingdom or "airstrip" in 1984, and the hiatory of the involvement of the "airstrip" in India?
Old 14-11-2018, 03:14 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
In "1984", the Brotherhood is the name of the secret organization whose role is to bring down the Party. In Part Two, Chapter Eight, when Winston and Julia are at O'Brien's apartment, the reader gets a sense of how the Brotherhood fulfills this role. Its members murder, cheat, forge, and betray their country.

Can't see the connections you've mentioned.

Another take ... The Brotherhood is the secret, anti-government organization headed by Emmanuel Goldstein. Whether or not the organization really exists is not made 100% clear, but it is doubtful that it exists. More likely, it, as well as Goldstein, are made up by the government of Oceania as a means of seeking out revolutionaries and anarchists. Also, by letting people believe that this person and organization exists and then by showing people the terrible fate that befalls...

The Brotherhood is the secret, anti-government organization headed by Emmanuel Goldstein. Whether or not the organization really exists is not made 100% clear, but it is doubtful that it exists. More likely, it, as well as Goldstein, are made up by the government of Oceania as a means of seeking out revolutionaries and anarchists. Also, by letting people believe that this person and organization exists and then by showing people the terrible fate that befalls those who join or associate with this organization, the Party keeps people in line. People see or hear about the tortures carried out against anyone who tries to go against the Party and their fear of that happening to them keeps them from going against the Party. In the story, Winston tries to join the Brotherhood and that is how O'Brien traps Winston and Julia who eventually are tortured into loving Big Brother and the Party. Essentially then, the Brotherhood is merely bait dangled by the Party to catch those who might want to overthrow the government.

My instructions disagree with the fate part
Old 14-11-2018, 11:55 PM
Master

I read the book many years ago . My understanding was the author was discribing a future where the gov perty much contoled ever thing , and spread propaganda . I thought it was the US , UK , or a western Eurpean country . I dont know what this has to do with ghosts .