Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 30-08-2006, 11:01 PM
Mick in England

The Bibles quite clear that when we die, we go into a "sleep of death" to await judgement day, there's no "popping back" beforehand to talk to relatives or anybody -
"Don't grieve for those asleep,for they sleep in Jesus" (1 Thess 4:13/14)
"Sleepers in the dust of the earth shall awake,to eternal life or contempt" (Dan 12:2)
"Awake and sing,you who dwell in dust,the earth shall cast out her dead" (Isaiah 26:19)
"In the twinkling of an eye the dead shall be raised imperishable and we shall be changed" (1 Cor 15:52)
Old 30-08-2006, 11:03 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick in England
The Bibles quite clear that when we die, we go into a "sleep of death" to await judgement day, there's no "popping back" beforehand to talk to relatives or anybody -
"Don't grieve for those asleep,for they sleep in Jesus" (1 Thess 4:13/14)
"Sleepers in the dust of the earth shall awake,to eternal life or contempt" (Dan 12:2)
"Awake and sing,you who dwell in dust,the earth shall cast out her dead" (Isaiah 26:19)
"In the twinkling of an eye the dead shall be raised imperishable and we shall be changed" (1 Cor 15:52)

I would like to be clear here. I am not disputing the existence of JESUS. I have said he was a POWERFUL SPIRITUAL MAN. However, people altered his teachings for their own gain. Do you understand this view?

Kundalini.
Old 30-08-2006, 11:13 PM
Deactivated Account
'nods'
mick aren't you contradicting yourself
your quoting 'awakening to eternal life' there.
i'm getting confused now
Old 30-08-2006, 11:15 PM
Mick in England

Why should anyone want to alter Jesus's teachings?
If you think they did that, you'll also have to admit that the teachings of others may also have been changed such as Confucius, Buddha, Socrates, Mohammed, Nostradamus etc and there'd be no end to such conspiracy theories ;)
Old 30-08-2006, 11:19 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Why should anyone want to alter Jesus's teachings?
If you think they did that, you'll also have to admit that the teachings of others may also have been changed such as Confucius, Buddha, Socrates, Mohammed, Nostradamus etc and there'd be no end to such conspiracy theories ;)

They may very well have done however, you are bringing up things which have little to do with what we have been talking about.

Once again, people would like to alter Jesus's teachings so that they may gain power and a form of control over other people.

Kundalini.
Old 30-08-2006, 11:22 PM
Mick in England

But Jesus's message is all about FREEDOM from control, no Christian feels controlled nor do they want to control :)
In the film "Escape from Alcatraz", Clint Eastwood blows the socks off his convict pals when he coolly announces "I think I know a way outta here", and naturally they're all ears and eagerly want to hear his plan because none of them is dumb enough to say "Nah,not interested!"
Yet amazingly that's what some people say to Jesus!
Here we are trapped in this prison we call a world, but Jesus tells us "God has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners...to release the oppressed" (Luke 4:18 )
Old 30-08-2006, 11:25 PM
Deactivated Account
how can you be free with all these evil spirits lurking about, how do you know its genuine freedom and not a false freedom created by these 'demons??
Old 30-08-2006, 11:26 PM
kundalini

Quote:
But Jesus's message is all about FREEDOM from control, no Christian feels controlled nor do they want to control :)
In the film "Escape from Alcatraz", Clint Eastwood blows the socks off his convict pals when he coolly announces "I think I know a way outta here", and naturally they're all ears and eagerly want to hear his plan because none of them is dumb enough to say "Nah,not interested!"
Yet amazingly that's what some people say to Jesus!
Here we are trapped in this prison we call a world, but Jesus tells us "God has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners...to release the oppressed" (Luke 4:18 )

I never said you were controlled. I said that in the early days, the teachings will have been altered for the Christian Church to gain control and power over the masses. I did not say this is the way it is now as I do not believe it is. Good film.
Old 31-08-2006, 03:22 AM
BLAIR2BE

When One Asks A Question, One Should Be Open To The Answers:)
Old 31-08-2006, 03:27 AM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAIR2BE
When One Asks A Question, One Should Be Open To The Answers:)

Wise words and so very, very pertinent.
Closed Thread