Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 07-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMont Cranston
Perry J., I think that this is a very interesting subject, and I've spent some time checking out Kim Michaels' website. However, I do have a number of problems with believing that Mr. Michaels is the sole conveyor of messages from Jesus. In fact, I think that Jesus speaks to and through many of us, and some of the people with whom he communicates seem to get the idea that they are the modern incarnation of Jesus, or that they are the only one who receives messages.

In my own life, I have had many of the experiences that Mr. Michaels talks about, and so have quite a few other people I've either known or heard about. In my case, I grew up in a not very religious Jewish family, and I knew absolutely nothing about Jesus. More than that, I wasn't particularly interested.

So, I didn't go looking for Jesus, but I found him anyway. At some point in my life, I became much more interested in such things as religion, spirituality, philosophy, history, the nature of consciousness, unconditional love and other subjects. My interest in finding out what love was about led me into checking out what Jesus had to say on the subject, and I was totally blown away. I still am!

I consider myself to be an enthusiastic student of life, a seeker of information, and I continue to examine the words and deeds of Jesus and other spiritual icons. From what I can tell, there is nothing more exciting, wonderful, interesting powerful or important than love, and I still feel like I'm a beginner at knowing about this subject. Hopefully, I will always be finding out more about this part of life.

We might consider why the teachings of Jesus are so powerful. After all, we are dealing with a relatively obscure teacher from a remote part of the Roman Empire who was nailed to a cross. At the time, there were other religious movements and would-be messiahs who had larger followings than Jesus, but his teachings have lasted for 2000 years and counting, and all of the others have faded into obscurity.

In my quest for information and viewpoints, I've joined a number of Christian and atheist forums. I've heard some people say that Christianity caught a lucky break (or something like that) or that Constantine and some others devised a religion to control the masses. Of course, this ignores the fact that, despite its humble beginings, Christianity had become pretty well established before Constantine made his conversion in 313 a.d.

What works for me is that the reason Christianity (regardless of how many have corrupted and compromised the teachings of Jesus) made it and the others didn't is that what Jesus had to say was and still is that powerful. Even with the corruptions and compromises, we can still figure out what Jesus was saying to us and apply his teachings to our own lives.

So, did Jesus communicate with Kim Michaels? I'm more than willing to believe that happened. Did Jesus communicate with Kim Michaels exclusively? Based on my own experiences and the experiences of others, I believe that Jesus has communicated with many of us, myself included, and this is an ongoing process.

One of my favorite parts of the Bible is where Jesus is standing by the water and telling the simple people around him that they will be fishers of men. I lot of fisherman, carpenters, masons and others have come and gone, but we still know the names of at least some of those who heard the call and followed Jesus. I'd say that Jesus called that one right!

More than that, I'd say that one of the communications that Jesus has made to us is that we are all fishers of men.

Thank you, LaMont,
I also think that Jesus communicates to many people. This is also said on this website. He communicates to everyone who is open to the message and dares to look beyond the ego and the mental boxes (I like that expression: mental box!).
All this "the only"-talk is a Catholic creation. Jesus is not even "the only" son of God! - every man is the son (daughter) of God!
What really is the only son of God, is not the person Jesus Christ, but the Christ Consciousness. This is a consciousness of ONENESS that every man can reach - by following Jesus' example.

By postulating Jesus as the only son of God, the Catholic priests could place themselves between people and their God, accusing those who dare to follow Jesus' example for blasphemy. The pope, on the other hand, is "the only way to Jesus"!

I personally believe that The Roman Catholic Church is what is known as antichrist.

There is very much to study on this website, indeed. I have been there for some years, and I think what everyone should read is the section about the ego. Eckhart Tolle describes the ego very clearly, but this is even better:
http://www.askrealjesus.com/askrealjesus/rejectchrist/basicego/leastego/leastego1.html
Old 08-11-2010, 01:29 PM
frankharris

Not trying to be cynical but there's a lot of merchandise on that website!

Frank
Old 09-11-2010, 09:50 AM
ACIM guy

the ego

Miss Hepburn said she hated the ego / her ego
I tend to hate mine too, but let's look at the powerful practice of accepting our shadow selves in order to resolve them and so heal our Souls

It has been said that you become what you fight

Shamans (some, anyway) will tell you to accept your dark side. If we keep fighting and resisting it it simply persists . . . this is also in psychology I believe.
Shamans might call this "Soul retrieval;" the gist of this as I understand it is there's a part of your Soul that is held captive by your inner devil, which consists of your fears, angers, hatreds etc. and all the stuff you resist, reject or resent . . . and your guilts are very much your jailer

So how do we clear all this stuff and resolve our angers etc and restore the lost part of our Soul?

(Oh yeah, I know it's possible. I'm no expert, I have my own unresolved angers etc. but I would like to resolve them all and enter peace)

I'm gonna post a new thread about this in "Spiritual Development" under Spirituality & Beliefs
Old 09-11-2010, 04:30 PM
LaMont Cranston

Perry J, From what I can tell, we agree on quite a few things. I suspect that if we were talking to Jesus about some of the things that are attributed to him, he would have a lot more to say that would clarify where he was coming from.

For instance, one of his lines "Do not suppose I come to bring peace, but, rather a sword," has been taken by many to mean that Jesus was advocating violence. I don't see it that way. I think he was just describing what was going to happen when he came. I think it means something like "When the stuff I'm talking about gets out there into the world, into the hands of people, it is really going to hit the fan, and it's going to be like that for a long time."

I have no doubt that Jesus would say "You are all sons and daughters of God. At the time, nobody wanted to hear it said in that clean of a manner."

I also see some people on this thread who question that Jesus even existed. As I've said, I've seen some people suggest that Christianity (regardless of how it has come down over the centuries) caught a lucky break or that Constantine and some others devised a belief system to control the masses. After examining all of the possibilities, what works best for me is that Jesus really existed, and the reason his teachings are still very much with us (and will continue to be) is that they are that powerful.

Even if Jesus did not exist, there is no way to deny the impact that his words and deeds have had on the world for 2000 years and counting. I totally agree that there is a vast difference between what Jesus was talking about and what has come down as organized religion(s), but the teachings are still there for us to examine and apply to our own lives.

I have a problem with those people who talk about hating the ego, destroying the ego, killing the ego, etc. In a very real sense, we are a consciousness that's experiencing life in a flesh and blood suit. Ever since Freud (although he didn't originate the idea), there has been this idea that our consciousness is somehow divided into parts (i.e. id, ego, super-ego) that don't completely communicate with each other.

Even those many people who have dismissed Freud's ideas have latched onto some model of consciousness that incorporates this idea. I also see people giving labels to parts of our consciousness (i.e. the shadow self, the I, the conditioned vs unconditioned self and on and on). All of these things are just some imaginary part of our consciousness, and there is no way to differentiate between one part (i.e. ego) and all the rest.

I think that we should recognize and appreciate the ego for what it is, part of who we are. Yes, there are people who are so caught up in what we like to think of as the ego that we even have bad names for them (i.e. egomaniac), but if we hate our own egos, we are hating part of who we are.

OK, I've got to go. See you later...
Old 09-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMont Cranston
Perry J, From what I can tell, we agree on quite a few things. I suspect that if we were talking to Jesus about some of the things that are attributed to him, he would have a lot more to say that would clarify where he was coming from.

For instance, one of his lines "Do not suppose I come to bring peace, but, rather a sword," has been taken by many to mean that Jesus was advocating violence. I don't see it that way. I think he was just describing what was going to happen when he came. I think it means something like "When the stuff I'm talking about gets out there into the world, into the hands of people, it is really going to hit the fan, and it's going to be like that for a long time."

I have no doubt that Jesus would say "You are all sons and daughters of God. At the time, nobody wanted to hear it said in that clean of a manner."

I also see some people on this thread who question that Jesus even existed. As I've said, I've seen some people suggest that Christianity (regardless of how it has come down over the centuries) caught a lucky break or that Constantine and some others devised a belief system to control the masses. After examining all of the possibilities, what works best for me is that Jesus really existed, and the reason his teachings are still very much with us (and will continue to be) is that they are that powerful.

Even if Jesus did not exist, there is no way to deny the impact that his words and deeds have had on the world for 2000 years and counting. I totally agree that there is a vast difference between what Jesus was talking about and what has come down as organized religion(s), but the teachings are still there for us to examine and apply to our own lives.

I have a problem with those people who talk about hating the ego, destroying the ego, killing the ego, etc. In a very real sense, we are a consciousness that's experiencing life in a flesh and blood suit. Ever since Freud (although he didn't originate the idea), there has been this idea that our consciousness is somehow divided into parts (i.e. id, ego, super-ego) that don't completely communicate with each other.

Even those many people who have dismissed Freud's ideas have latched onto some model of consciousness that incorporates this idea. I also see people giving labels to parts of our consciousness (i.e. the shadow self, the I, the conditioned vs unconditioned self and on and on). All of these things are just some imaginary part of our consciousness, and there is no way to differentiate between one part (i.e. ego) and all the rest.

I think that we should recognize and appreciate the ego for what it is, part of who we are. Yes, there are people who are so caught up in what we like to think of as the ego that we even have bad names for them (i.e. egomaniac), but if we hate our own egos, we are hating part of who we are.

OK, I've got to go. See you later...

Hi LaMont,
You have misunderstood about the ego. The ego addressed by Jesus is not Freud's ego, and it is not a part of our personality, because it's a false self that entirely feeds on fear. It's is an identification - not our true personality. And it is absolutely NOT a matter of "hating" it or "resisting" it, that would strenghten the ego because the ego is what hates.
No, it 's a matter of letting it be AS IT IS.
The ego is not some force which must be defeated by another force. Just let it be, while looking at it. Don't go into it. This is "turning the other cheek". The ego feeds on fear and conflict. One must disidentify with it.

All identifications - also false ones - have their survival instinct. And we can identify with almost anything.

Concerning the Sword, I have read it's the sword of Truth, which cleaves the real from the unreal.
The ulitmate unreal is the belief that humans have not created their own situation. The ultimate real is that human beings are completely responsible for the conditions on Earth. The ego rests on our unwillingness to take responsibility over our own lives. And this is, well, somewhat controversial to say.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:19 PM
LaMont Cranston

Jesus & the Ego

Perry J, I get it that what Jesus was talking about is not Freud's conception of the ego. If anything, I would say that Jesus was talking about our "dark side," that part of us that has us do things in a mean-spirited, unloving manner.

What I see being offered up on this forum, by some people, is the ego that we must destroy the ego. If what you're talking about is recognizing the ego for what it is, a part of our consciousness, then I have no problem with it. If people are talking about the ego as some negative thing, even something to hate, then we are considering hating part of who we are. What that comes down to is that we are the ones who are carrying around the hate.

I've examined what Jesus was talking about when he said that we should turn the other cheek. When I was younger, I thought it was a rather stupid thing to do. I mean, if somebody hits you, hit them back even harder, right?

When I actually looked into what Jesus was saying, I noticed that most of the versions of that line say "If somebody hits you in one cheek..." That "if" is very important. What I take the line to mean is that "if" you are standing in front of somebody with bad intentions for you, bad to the point of violence, then it is a wise thing to do to put some distance between you and them. However, "if' they have already hit you, and you're still standing there, you might as well let them hit you in the other cheek.

In my own experience, I have found that it takes a wiser and stronger person to walk away from stupid conflicts, and I've learned to do that most of the time.

As for "the Sword," where did you read that interpretation? There are many interpretations given to what Jesus said and did, but I do not think that Jesus was advocating violence.

Yes, it is somewhat controversial to suggest that people are in control of and responsible for their words, thoughts and deeds. I have butted heads with a number of people on this forum who have a set of arguments to support the idea that we are not responsible for anything we do. Denying something, including responsibility, does not make it so.

I feel that I am responsible for what I do in my life, including how I treat others. Even though I accept responsibility, I also recognize that I have that part of my being called an ego. I do not find that knowing of our own responsibility and recognizing that we have an ego have to be in conflict. In fact, I see no inherent conflict between the two.

Take care...
Old 10-11-2010, 06:10 PM
Experiencer

LaMont,
Wisely spoken. What I said about the Sword was written in the book I referenced to before; however I also find it now on the site (I just entered "sword" in the search applet). Here we assume that it is Jesus self who talks:

I hope you can see what I am trying to explain here. As long as the soul identifies with the carnal mind, the soul does not see any reason to change. That is why I said: “I come not to bring peace, but a sword.” The sword that I came to bring is the sword of truth that cleaves the real from the unreal. That sword is the Christ consciousness.

(http://www.askrealjesus.com/askrealj...trexlusiv.html )

There are really some extraordinary stuff to read here....
Old 11-11-2010, 05:10 PM
VenusAnnie

WOW! That definitely sounds like him. I've asked to be used directly by God as a tool to bring what he wants to know in the world, to the world. Your message from him sounds like something I would say verbatim and that's why I went in search of finding out if I was actually channeling God's message. Even though I tend to stay away from things that say the bible says or Jesus says, etc. because it usually is something from the corrupt want that the bible was changed, I was compelled to read this. I'm glad I did and it gives me affirmation that I'm truly channeling God's message to the world. I'm definitely excited. I didn't think it was something I'd say a lot of the time and I'd always wonder if it was really him talking through me, so I'm glad I finally know. I'm still not sure if Jesus is God or if he's an ascended master. Maybe he will show me next time. I want to know that knowledge first hand and not through someone else unless it's his wish.