Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 07-05-2019, 04:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
All this talk and discussion about I AM or God Is....etc. Ultimately we are in the dark. We speculated and indicate...but God remains a mystery.

Linguistic guidelines are very helpful and cerebral reasoning does reveal truth to a small degree. However reality/God remains unidentified. Unknowable.

I love its holy mystery.

"And without controversy, the mystery of Godliness is great."

"In Him dwelleth the fullness of the Godhead, bodily."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 07-05-2019, 09:23 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
Jehovah is a "GOD of LOVE" ,(1John 4:8). he doesn't want ANY of us to be destroyed. this is why he ask us to turn from our wicked ways ,(Ezek.18:23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? said the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live). so yes "GOD" does want us to get to know him. peace

So why does anyone think so-called God has put me through so much injustice and destruction (intentionally). It is not for people to tell me I'm wrong in what I say because they don't know all the facts. If people knew all the facts of my life they would know the truth just as I do.

It was the so-called God who put Satan on Adam and Eve.
It was the so-called God who put Satan on some guy named Job (it would occur to any serious contemplator to ask if Job was a "whack job" or a "nut job" and no, such a question is not a joke but an accurate observation and inquiry).
It was the so-called God who put Satan on Immanuel before he became an accursed, crucified curse (Jesus Christ).

The so-called God reveals itself very clearly in Isaiah 45:7 stating itself as the creator of evil.

The so-called God quite frequently complains and threatens. It complains about people and the no good things they do. This comes across as powerless. It threatens people with extreme consequence (environmental, for example) and then declares that people will refuse to glorify him knowing full well that because he said it, people are fated to do exactly what he said just so he can be proven right. Which is terribly sadistic. Why not write the script to say "when a bowl of judgment is poured out on the sun and people are burned, they glorify me"?

A too close look at the so-called God reveals that it is irresolutely contradictory.

The God thing has claimed to create human beings but it sets them up repeatedly for SERIOUS HARM.

It has done so to me personally, having subjected me to Satan in its physical form and subjugating me to an entire life of: rape, kidnapping (I've been kidnapped twice), harassment, threatening, terror and terrorism, and much worse.

Don't think I deserved it. Don't think there's anything about me that justifies a life of tortures and worse.

"Eat, drink and be merry because it's all for nothing."

THAT. Is one of the greatest tells of them all. There is no mystery when the truth is known.

There's no reason. No goal. No point. It's an unfortunate existence that has no real meaning.

God is nothing more than a sadistic mind game; a conspirator who creates and employs evil ultimately for no reason.
Old 08-05-2019, 02:38 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
All this talk and discussion about I AM or God Is....etc. Ultimately we are in the dark. We speculated and indicate...but God remains a mystery.

Linguistic guidelines are very helpful and cerebral reasoning does reveal truth to a small degree. However reality/God remains unidentified. Unknowable.

I love its holy mystery.

There are people who know much more intimately the ways of God. Some people call these mystics, but whatever they are called, Gnosis arises naturally in such beings.

JL
Old 08-05-2019, 02:39 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather
Agree fully.. Anyone claiming otherwise is joking around..

Humans aren't the center of the universe. A group of bipedal, talking mammals isn't going to unlock all the secrets of spirituality or know more than angels or other beings. I mean, lets be a bit more humble!! Only our human hubris likes to imagine that it is the privileged one. In truth, we are smaller than many teachings preach. If not, than who can tell my favourite colour? Who can tell which players will score in the CL final..? Yeah, thought not..

That's like a frog saying there is no way anyone or anything could fly. We might not know; doesn't mean there aren't human beings today and in the present who know..

JL
Old 08-05-2019, 01:58 PM
Experiencer
It's not what god is that is the mystery
That mystery
That IS god

god is not unknowable
god IS The Unknowable
• • • • •
Look softer
Breather deeper
Old 08-05-2019, 09:30 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalwood
It's not what god is that is the mystery
That mystery
That IS god

god is not unknowable
god IS The Unknowable
I know the God creature. I'm probably the single most closest being in all creation, nobody is closer to it than me. You know why?

Because where I come from (which is nothingness aka preexistence) I alone exist and I exist alone. I'm a huge giant of unbearable and intolerable complexity and contradiction. There I am, my big old giant self, completely alone...

With some GOD thing (which I call amoeba).

You know what "most high" means?

Imagine getting to the ultimate highest point possible (of knowledge, awareness, understanding, wisdom, morality, purity, wholeness / integrity, etc.

That THING will still be one up on you. Then you can go higher again to where it was most high and bloop! That thing, like an amoeba, is actually still one up on you.

There is absolutely nothing and nobody who can ever surpass that thing because it is a fricken amoeba that can not ever not be what it is and do what it does.

It's like an attachment or an appendage or an extra limb or something. Its function is to be MOST HIGH. It is always times forever one up on everything.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
That's like a frog saying there is no way anyone or anything could fly. We might not know; doesn't mean there aren't human beings today and in the present who know..

JL

You say we don't know, but you assume that there are others that do know. That is called faith..

They may realize their soul, and experience bliss, peace, timelessness. Doesn't mean they are now One with TRILLIONS of galaxies and worlds beyond, and every living being and every place out there. Leaving your body and going to other places and feeling great don't make you All-there-IS either. None of it means you are that. Come on..
Old 08-05-2019, 10:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
You say we don't know, but you assume that there are others that do know. That is called faith..

They may realize their soul, and experience bliss, peace, timelessness. Doesn't mean they are now One with TRILLIONS of galaxies and worlds beyond, and every living being and every place out there. Leaving your body and going to other places and feeling great don't make you All-there-IS either. None of it means you are that. Come on..

she didn't make the positive claim that there were definitely others that knew, merely stated that the fact we don't know didn't deny the possibility that there is someone who does.

Those are two VERY different statements. One being a statement of fact and the other being denial of a misstatement of fact.
Old 09-05-2019, 03:34 AM
janielee

Quote:
You say we don't know, but you assume that there are others that do know.

Just because you don't know, doesn't mean others don't.
Old 09-05-2019, 07:06 AM
Master
Quote:

' None of it means you are that. Come on.. '

How do you know?