Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 21-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Knower
Did you know someone was going to die?

I dont mean you found out they had cancer and was going to die...

What I mean is...
Did someone come into your life and you had a feeling they wouldnt be there your whole life?

I knew my mom was going to die while I was still young. She died when I was 20. I started getting the feeling about 16-17 years old.
I cant describe it... it was just sort of a sadness.

Im starting to have feelings the same way with someone else Im close to.

Have yall ever had these feelings?
How did they feel?
Old 21-11-2011, 11:31 PM
earthprowler

i'm 41 now but when i was around 35, i started not being able to sense my husband past 40.....i just cannot "feel" him. his health worries me, he was diagnosed with diabetes 5 years ago and in the last year has rapidly lost weight. this is a guy who was over 300 lbs, wore a size 50 waist pants, and a 3xl tall shirt.......he is now in a 42 and they still hang on him and all of his shirts go to his knees!!!!

he turns 40 on January 19th next year......
Old 22-11-2011, 01:32 AM
sesheta

I for some reason have always been able to know when someone is about to die. My paternal grandmother died when I was 2 years old; at the time she died, my mom had me at home and was sitting in her rocking chair, getting me to take an afternoon nap. I suddenly woke up and asked "why did grandma go to sleep?" That was when she died in the hospital. Other than that, when someone is close to death, I usually sense a "darkness" around them. Not literally like an aura, but if I close my eyes and focus on them, I will no longer feel or sense their life energy, I will just get blackness. That's when I know they aren't going to pull through. I knew my mom was about to die - she had gone into the hospital for heart surgery, which she got through with no problems. When I went to visit her in the hospital, I just knew, although the doctors said she was fine. She died the morning they were releasing her to go home....
Personally, I find it easier to know ahead of time, so you can start getting yourself ready emotionally to let go. Better than having it be a sudden shock, I would think...but that's just me. I have asked other people I am close to if they would want me to tell them if I sensed that they (or someone in their family) was about to die...and most of them say they wouldn't want to know....
Old 27-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
I have asked other people I am close to if they would want me to tell them if I sensed that they (or someone in their family) was about to die...and most of them say they wouldn't want to know....

That's a gift you have offered them, which they have not taken. Personally, I would prefer to know .... if there's sufficient time, I think it would allow a person to get their life in order - more esp. any loose administrative details - as well as some final time to spend with those who really matter/mattered in their life (without any of them knowing of course that death is imminent).
Old 04-07-2015, 01:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by *whitefeather
That's a gift you have offered them, which they have not taken. Personally, I would prefer to know .... if there's sufficient time, I think it would allow a person to get their life in order - more esp. any loose administrative details - as well as some final time to spend with those who really matter/mattered in their life (without any of them knowing of course that death is imminent).
Ditto I would totally want to know.
Old 25-11-2011, 01:52 AM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprowler
i'm 41 now but when i was around 35, i started not being able to sense my husband past 40.....i just cannot "feel" him. his health worries me, he was diagnosed with diabetes 5 years ago and in the last year has rapidly lost weight. this is a guy who was over 300 lbs, wore a size 50 waist pants, and a 3xl tall shirt.......he is now in a 42 and they still hang on him and all of his shirts go to his knees!!!!

Blimey...

Do you think he's nearly done with this life?

There's not been much death in my life. An older woman who I have a strong platonic relationship with, the first time I met her, her mother appeared in spirit! She wasn't actually dead, just very close. They were estranged and after my friend visited her mother, the latter lived another 4 years.
The same friend's husband died which didn't surprise me in the slightest, despite him being a picture of health.
Old 16-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Experiencer
Weird

Hmmm that's interesting because my both my brother and boyfriend told me that they don't see themselves living past next year. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprowler

Old 22-11-2011, 03:56 AM
LostinaDream33

i think your closest people would want to know. It would be scarey but if you sense something and if you can prevent it, yes, but I can see why they'd say no. I think they would catch on if they seen you acting strange and wanting to spend more time with them, ect. I have had this happen to me before. Here's what happened.

My grandpa was living in another state and had fallen ill. I didnt know because we hadnt been close since I was a small kid. We just lived too far apart, but he was always good to me and helped raise me after my parents divorced. We were close then. I didnt even know he was sick, it happened so fast, within 3 days. Two days before, I had laid down to go to sleep and as soon as I shut my eyes, I was standing infront of a church(this is freaky) I wasnt dreaming and I hadnt fallen asleep yet. It was like a vision. Then I heard the church bell start ringing loudly and I knew the dream was one of prophecy since I had them before. I sat straight up (no churches around and I live far in the country with little neighbors) and I was wide awake' everyone was asleep soundly but the church bells did not stop, they were louder now. I freaked out, put my hands on my ears, but it didnt stop. I ran to my husband and was panicked, crying by this time and asking him if he could hear the church bells. he doesnt believe in this stuff, but I was so panicked that he pulled his blanket up and put his arms around me to calm me down, but I was terrified. All the while Im telling him this bell is still going on. We didnt know what was going on, me thinking Im losing my mind and him thinking Ive lost my mind. I couldnt even get the words out to my husband because the bell would not stop. It didnt stop until after 3 minutes or so....very scarey. I thought I had just been warned of my own funeral. I thought it was mine. I wouldnt have known it wasnt until the next day, when my dad called and said my grandpa(on my moms side) had died and he was being buried here in this state. My husbands only explanation is that he is part Indian(blonde hair/blue eyes tho) and he connected with me through the dreamworld. He had learned that from t.v., lol. I met some family members at my grandpas funeral that I hadnt seen in years and overheard my grandpas youngest son(uncle Larry) talking about grandpa contacting him the same way. I only got the last half of his conversation to his sisters about it, but was too shy to tell them what happened to me. I would guess that is why we dont get warned too much about others deaths, because what happened to me was terrifying and I thought it was my funeral, so there was definantly confusion about the message he was trying to send. Have you had anything like this happen to you? I can see why people who have psychic experiences or are psychic are not always right, all the info wasnt available to me.

And I want to add that nobody else could hear this bell but me!!! freaky
Old 22-11-2011, 04:15 AM
LostinaDream33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin
I dont mean you found out they had cancer and was going to die...

What I mean is...
Did someone come into your life and you had a feeling they wouldnt be there your whole life?

I knew my mom was going to die while I was still young. She died when I was 20. I started getting the feeling about 16-17 years old.
I cant describe it... it was just sort of a sadness.

Im starting to have feelings the same way with someone else Im close to.

Have yall ever had these feelings?
How did they feel?

Yes, but losing your mom at such an early age had to have been somewhat traumatic, Im sure. Just make sure that is what it is and that your not picking up on something else. I worry about my loved ones all the time and sometimes become overprotective of them because of something traumatic that has happened to someone elses child or spouse. The only way to really know is usually after the fact. Anybodys lifepath/destiny can be altered.
Old 23-11-2011, 11:57 AM
Knower
Earthprowler-
I know what you mean by not being able to "feel" him after a certain age. I try and try and try to look into our future but I cant.
Sometimes Ive felt as if Im going to be the one to die young... but I dont think so.

When a friend of a friends was murdered (id only met her a couple times) a couple months ago I started having, not panic attacks.. but maybe just a really rushed feeling. I grew sad and scared and sometimes a little panicked.
People suggested I go see someone and get help but I knew I didnt need it...
I found out a mother of 3 was murdered by her husband (one of the friends best friend) and the feelings went away..