Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 27-03-2018, 08:29 AM
Newbie ;)

We should openly talk about a certain class of mysterious phenomena

"The physical world mirrors or somehow targets content of my mind."

I take it that most people understand what class of phenomena this refers to. I think that openly talking about these phenomena will have positive sociocultural effects, alongside with positive psychological effects for many individuals who are in a way 'imprisoned' by egocentrism, insofar as they in a certain sense lack a 'full-blown' external world to live in. We should cultivate the habit of talking about such phenomena, at least or at first among friends.

Appendix:

"The physical world mirrors or somehow targets content of my mind."

This might include for instance sound effects being synchronized with your thoughts or worries when you're listening to music, or scenes in movies / TV shows being somewhat synchronized with your thoughts or worries. It could also include other people verbalising or addressing your thoughts or worries unintentionally, in such a way that it seriously raises questions about the relation of mental and physical properties. Some people probably just accept that these phenomena exist, without really wondering about them. I think the reasons to deliberately not talk about these phenomena or this aspect of reality, on the other hand, are quite obvious: at least some people seem to assume that talking about these phenomena is in direct opposition to helping others psychologically. Last but not least from personal experience, I argue that this is not the case, and talking about these phenomena can actually be a 'shortcut' to mental health, and eventually to sociocultural improvements.

I would say it is quite hard to really 'embrace' these phenomena fully, or to fully and existentially embrace a reality that contains these phenomena, even though they might be happening to you very frequently.

If you practice this 'fully-embracing-a-reality-that-contains-these-phenomena' repeatedly (which an open debate would heavily support), you can nevertheless quickly attain a far more 'undemanding' state of mind, that would take much longer to bring to fruition if you directly worked on psychological obstacles.