Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 16-09-2018, 02:26 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziusudra
Ok,
Spiritual Enlightenment,
It seems that many quest for its highest of whatever defines as their spiritual enlightenment.

To me, spiritual enlightenment is like discovering Air that we breathe in.
Air has been integral part of our existence and survival.
Air is just there and has been all along.
Purpose of the air is not for us to just marvel at it.
But it is for us to use it and to continue live fully while keep breathing it...

So, whatever your spiritual enlightenment is...

Here are the questions:
1. Why? Why do you try to achieve it?
2. What are you going to do with it once/if you achieve it?
3. Those of you who already achieved your highest spiritual enlightenment, what have you been doing with it?

spirit activates the human nervous system. that activation at some point becomes permanently on. the experince of that is the body becomes flooded with like an intoxicating joy. the mind becomes very silent. peaceful like. everything else such as emotions and so on continue on and have meaning. buf superceding that and more dominant is the bliss and silence.

the experince of such works behind the scenes helping others feel well and or become into that experince. much like a flu but more desireable.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 16-09-2018, 02:39 AM
Master
I just want to have 'free will'...that is all and I am totally jealous of those who have it.
Old 16-09-2018, 02:52 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by running

the experince of such works behind the scenes helping others feel well and or become into that experince. much like a flu but more desireable.

Ok, Flu is not my 1st choice as a metaphor in that context.
But somehow, it works...
Old 16-09-2018, 02:58 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I just want to have 'free will'...that is all and I am totally jealous of those who have it.
Our free will is limited and illusion. it is nothing more than the internal road map.
Soul journey is a roller coaster ride, not a rodeo. It is on set tracks with limited options to the same destination.
It is a smooth ride when not bouncing around with free will to take the ride off its track.
Old 16-09-2018, 08:34 AM
Master
Mmm, i don't want it. You guys can have it.
Old 16-09-2018, 08:35 AM
Lorelyen

It's never been about enlightenment to me, just development. Enlightenments come in different colours and sizes along with insights and realisations.

One of the first I recall was when about age 9, browsing in a bookshop on Croydon, I spotted a book called "Amusing ourselves to death", the cover picturing a family of skeletons sitting in their armchairs/sofas around a television, the talking head babbling on (supposedly). It was the first time I questioned most people's acceptance of what they think is reality and how, sheep-like, they've been conned by what later I learned as "social conditioning." I pondered on it often for a while. I suppose now it highlit the spiritual deadness of my parents.
But then there was my sensual awakening, an enlightenment about my sensual capacity...
Then the light went on about the con of materialism - as simple as a sign on an ad: "free gift" setting off quite a train of thought.
(If it's a gift then of course it's free....except nothing is free, why are they pretending? Why use this lie to try to seduce me into buying? etc).

I knew I wasn't what/who I had thought I was. I decided to do something about that.
Old 16-09-2018, 12:01 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Mmm, i don't want it. You guys can have it.
LOL

If you are already practicing compassion, kindness, and love, you do not need to seek the spiritual enlightenment.

Spiritual enlightenment is for those of us who do not practice those qualities because we do not understand the reason to express them..
Old 16-09-2018, 12:08 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
It's never been about enlightenment to me, just development. Enlightenments come in different colours and sizes along with insights and realisations.

One of the first I recall was when about age 9, browsing in a bookshop on Croydon, I spotted a book called "Amusing ourselves to death", the cover picturing a family of skeletons sitting in their armchairs/sofas around a television, the talking head babbling on (supposedly). It was the first time I questioned most people's acceptance of what they think is reality and how, sheep-like, they've been conned by what later I learned as "social conditioning." I pondered on it often for a while. I suppose now it highlit the spiritual deadness of my parents.

But then there was my sensual awakening, an enlightenment about my sensual capacity...
Then the light went on about the con of materialism - as simple as a sign on an ad: "free gift" setting off quite a train of thought.
(If it's a gift then of course it's free....except nothing is free, why are they pretending? Why use this lie to try to seduce me into buying? etc).

I knew I wasn't what/who I had thought I was. I decided to do something about that.

Ok, so you expressed why you are pursuing spiritual development. What are you going to do with your "development"

And. about your comment on ... "sensual awakening... sensual capacity... "
What page are we on?
Is this part of spiritual development?
Old 16-09-2018, 03:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziusudra
LOL

If you are already practicing compassion, kindness, and love, you do not need to seek the spiritual enlightenment.

Spiritual enlightenment is for those of us who do not practice those qualities because we do not understand the reason to express them..

I don't practice compassion, kindness, or love. Though that doesn't mean those qualities don't exist in me. Some feel more than they care to express.
Old 16-09-2018, 04:23 PM
Master

never mind...