Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 14-09-2018, 07:05 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddessa
Hi. I'd like some opinions and or advice on this please.

One of my favourite artists is going to perform in my country some time later this month and I would love to go and watch her. I am however worried about being in a big concert sized crowd knowing what I know about energy.

Is there any other way I can protect myself besides shielding in a crowd of people who are all revved up on music, and probably drink and drugs? What do people on this forum think about the atmosphere created in music concerts. Is it possible to just go there, enjoy the music without being somehow tainted by any bad energies?

I think that if its something you really want to do and if the particular artist is on your “bucket list” then you should definitely go. If you are sensitive to the loudness of the music and fans screams, then definitely wear earplugs. You don’t know until you try! Make that affirmation that you will have a great time!

I am really sensitive to energy around me as well. I don’t like heavily crowded areas as well. It’s basically I have to pick and choose my battles accordingly so to speak. Music and concerts was always something that I enjoyed since I was young. Large crowds that involved live music that I liked didn’t really negatively impacted me. I guess it was because I was sort in my element of something that I have always enjoyed which was music. By watching and hearing the concert distracted me from any energy around me as long as a person didn’t get in my “space” or was too belligerent. Then that would make me feel uncomfortable.

I hope you go and have fun!
Old 14-09-2018, 08:36 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanGoGurl
I think that if its something you really want to do and if the particular artist is on your “bucket list” then you should definitely go. If you are sensitive to the loudness of the music and fans screams, then definitely wear earplugs. You don’t know until you try! Make that affirmation that you will have a great time!

I am really sensitive to energy around me as well. I don’t like heavily crowded areas as well. It’s basically I have to pick and choose my battles accordingly so to speak. Music and concerts was always something that I enjoyed since I was young. Large crowds that involved live music that I liked didn’t really negatively impacted me. I guess it was because I was sort in my element of something that I have always enjoyed which was music. By watching and hearing the concert distracted me from any energy around me as long as a person didn’t get in my “space” or was too belligerent. Then that would make me feel uncomfortable.

I hope you go and have fun!
Good points! Earplugs would be a great help, I think. I know that when I go to a show I am so lost in the music I tend to forget about everything else.
Old 14-09-2018, 08:38 PM
Knower
Quote:
I'm always looking for new music, thanks. Never heard of Hammerfall before.

I really don't go out and I am happy with that. It's just that I really wanted to go and see this artist. It's bucket list stuff.
Goddessa, I'm going to see Elton John on December 14th. He is one of my bucket list performers! There are a few other musicians that I wish I had seen but now I can't. Nothing worse than living with regrets because I certainly do. Take those crystals and earplugs with you and enjoy the show! You may leave feeling better about it than you did writing this post.

If you decide to go, I hope you have a good time!
Old 15-09-2018, 02:25 AM
Master
Quote:
I have been considering the use of crystals for some time now and you just convinced me to give them a try. Thanks.

Look into malachite........its a strong protection stone. ....its also beautiful to look at....its varying shades of geen are very calming!

I'm also very sensitive to energy and go to a fair number of concerts.......but its mostly tropical rock stuff like Jimmy Buffett. ....laid back music and a laid back crowd...well I say that....but the truth is that anyone who's ever been to a Buffet concert will tell you that its not so much a concert as it is the worlds largest party that just happens to have great live music.

In fact my wife and I are flying to France for a few days in a couple of weeks to see Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer band play in Paris.....

Well and to kick around the "city of light"... enjoy the food and coffee (and some hot hotel sex! Lol!)

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 15-09-2018, 03:01 AM
Experiencer
My own personal thoughts on the topic of energies in specific is that people that go into that concert or event each carry their own energies they bring in with them. So the concert itself or the type of music being played is really not in question because the person attending is obviously there simply because of their enjoyment of that particular band or music by wanting to be there.

But if someone attending is empathic and very suceptible to energies around them and all these folks show up at this event and some of them attending maybe being not so nice people, drunk, or a bit wild or whatever.... those energies are not perceived by the empath but actually felt. They are actually there and can be picked up by the empath if the empath is not properly protected or grounded.
I truly don't feel it is similar to the same principles we apply as being able to manifest your reality, I do understand and realize the laws of attraction but I also don't think that applies here only because energy does in fact exist and was brought into the event by multiple people. Each person carrying their own light or dark energy and or even negative attachments to themselves that affects their behaviors at the event. So from speaking personally and to understand what it means in being an empath myself, I too believe that energy is in fact there and not created by perception of what kind of energy it is. It is already defined by each person carrying it. It is carried on many individuals into the event and then picked up by the empath being open and not properly protected.
Old 15-09-2018, 07:21 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Well I guess you know best, which made me chuckle a little too -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyu7v7nWzfo

By all means stay at home and miss the concert, perhaps knowing you know best will serve as a consolation prize.

Yes, I'm going to go with my gut feel on this one and stay at home. You all have given me food for thought though. I'm thinking if there isn't a way to meld the two ideas. Being aware when situations don't feel right but at the same time not getting carried away with the idea of being in some kind of danger.
Old 15-09-2018, 09:34 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Yes, I'm going to go with my gut feel on this one and stay at home. You all have given me food for thought though. I'm thinking if there isn't a way to meld the two ideas. Being aware when situations don't feel right but at the same time not getting carried away with the idea of being in some kind of danger.
That's a bit of a shame when a simple visualisation or a change in perception will make all the difference. Or both. If the situation doesn't feel right then there's a reason for that, similarly with your use of the word 'danger'. If you're using the word at all it means you're 'pointing' to something quite strong and underlying all of this, and when you go to the root of that and dig it out everything will change for you. At the moment, using crystals and the like is only trying to alleviate the symptoms and not actually curing anything. Is it really your gut feeling or is your stomach in knots with fear?
Old 15-09-2018, 09:53 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
That's a bit of a shame when a simple visualisation or a change in perception will make all the difference. Or both. If the situation doesn't feel right then there's a reason for that, similarly with your use of the word 'danger'. If you're using the word at all it means you're 'pointing' to something quite strong and underlying all of this, and when you go to the root of that and dig it out everything will change for you. At the moment, using crystals and the like is only trying to alleviate the symptoms and not actually curing anything. Is it really your gut feeling or is your stomach in knots with fear?

I thought I was already clear though and yet you keep trying to psychoanalyse me. Yes, I am wary of going to this gathering because I think I may pick up something bad - like an entity attachment. This wariness and vigilance is brough about by an experience of such things happening to me and other people. At the time these experiences occurred nobody even thought or knew what entities were and the situations were entered into with the intention of having fun.

I am therefore, wary for valid reasons. I'm interested in learning how to protect myself in these situations, I prefer being aware of potential dangers and avoiding them rather than spending close to a year trying to get rid of psychic leeches that attached because I wasn't aware of them.

I prefer doing that for now until I feel confident and strong enough to go to a big loud, high energy, packed music concert.
Old 15-09-2018, 10:26 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
I thought I was already clear though and yet you keep trying to psychoanalyse me. Yes, I am wary of going to this gathering because I think I may pick up something bad - like an entity attachment. This wariness and vigilance is brough about by an experience of such things happening to me and other people. At the time these experiences occurred nobody even thought or knew what entities were and the situations were entered into with the intention of having fun.

I am therefore, wary for valid reasons. I'm interested in learning how to protect myself in these situations, I prefer being aware of potential dangers and avoiding them rather than spending close to a year trying to get rid of psychic leeches that attached because I wasn't aware of them.

I prefer doing that for now until I feel confident and strong enough to go to a big loud, high energy, packed music concert.
Never mind, really. You obviously have it all worked out so Safe Journey.
Old 22-09-2018, 07:16 AM
Master
Why not enjoy the concert?
As for energy issues, I really don’t know but possibly if we fear absorption of the gross, it is time to test our fear!