Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 04-02-2015, 06:20 PM
Pathfinder

Many seem to think truth means beliefs or perception. Truth is that which is, and it can be known. Just because two minds perceive one event differently doesn't mean there are two truths. The event still happen and that event is still the truth.

Yes numbers are an illusion, but the math involved with the numbers is a tool. Logic and reason people.
2 apples + 2 apples definitely does equal 4 apples. The mass volume of those apples most definitely can be different though.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:28 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskay
Many seem to think truth means beliefs or perception. Truth is that which is, and it can be known. Just because two minds perceive one event differently doesn't mean there are two truths. The event still happen and that event is still the truth.

Right, but which perception is truth? It's hard to see our own biases.

It's not worth arguing with someone when you have a different opinion. Diversity is the spice of life.

Better to just accept it as their own experience and move on. It works for them so what's the problem? :)
Old 04-02-2015, 06:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskay

so often, much more often than people realize, events are filled with lies, such as in the case of false flags.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:17 PM
Pathfinder

Very true, many events are filled with lies and that is the problem with everyone believing their perception is truth! If you have the wrong perception your whole life, you never know what is right from wrong. I am not saying my perception is the right one but I know I'm enlightened. I know I came from a mindset that is similar to many of yours before I found that truth.

I'm not arguing with anyone, it's an discussion in "my perception"! I care for all souls just as I do for mine so I don't want to see the continued path "earth" is headed on. Its a lot of turmoil and chaos in this world.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
Right, but which perception is truth? It's hard to see our own biases.

It's not worth arguing with someone when you have a different opinion. Diversity is the spice of life.

Better to just accept it as their own experience and move on. It works for them so what's the problem? :)

All perceptions are truth. That is the nature of living in a free will universe. It only a matter of how much of that free will we decide to own and use.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
All perceptions are truth. That is the nature of living in a free will universe. It only a matter of how much of that free will we decide to own and use.

What is "truth" according to this understanding?

There are many different types of truth. It is important to clarify which truth we are speaking of when discussing this issue. Saying "this is truth" could be accurate, unless the person is actually speaking of a definition of truth in which that statement is actually false.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:21 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
What is "truth" according to this understanding?

Whatever works for the person...
Old 04-02-2015, 08:43 PM
Pathfinder

Free will does not mean all perceptions are true. Simply put, free will is having a choice. You can choose to put your energy into anything you see fit. Its your free will to believe in lies or to know the truth!
Old 04-02-2015, 08:43 PM
Master
Some examples of different types of truth:

Correspondence truth: Beliefs and statements are an accurate reflection of their actual state in objective reality.

Coherence truth: Something is true based on the system of concepts and definitions in which it is attributed to.

Constructivist truth: Truth is socially constructed, man-made, relative to the particular culture that holds it.

Consensus truth: Truth is whatever is agreed upon.

Pragmatic truth: Truth is a product of the verification of a belief or statement by real-world application and results.

It seems many people using the term "my truth" are actually not speaking of truth, but belief:

Quote:
A belief is a mental representation of a sentient being's attitude toward the likelihood or truth of something.

A belief is confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof

So saying "my truth is that everything is interconnected because I feel this deep inside" is probably not actually a statement of truth, but a statement of belief posing as a statement of truth.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:52 PM
Pathfinder

True or False??
Our physical address is on "Earth"?
Earth has many different species?
Humans are one of them?
Humans rule earth?
All humans have a mind?
The mind leads to all deception?