Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 13-02-2019, 05:21 AM
Knower
Location: I'm a homesick Californian from Lake Tahoe/Truckee, living in England.
Smoky Quartz...Any Negative Experiences?

I bought five tumbled stones of smoky quartz more recently and also took out a raw cluster of three points I had stashed away as well. I did this to help with negativity and stress - and also for grounding and 'shadow work' purposes. I've since worked with just one of tumbled pieces for a few nights now and my dreams are quite vivid (they usually are, but more so than usual). I am having 'trippy visions' while inside my dreams. In one such instance I was inside one vision and then went within another vision without a respite. That was not so uncomfortable since the visions were fine and rather insightful. My problem is that I also seem to be having nightmares where my worst fears are realized. I can have a negating thought or concern during the day and then go to bed and wake up feeling like it has happened. I have also noticed that my tendency to 'overthink' has been exacerbated.

I am wondering if I should try working with the smoky quartz a bit longer before putting it away - in that it could be clear negativity in helping me to face my fears and transform them. It just feels like it is pulling some deep wounds to the surface which is ideal for shadow work alright, but the anguish and fear during my dreams is anything but pleasant! And, well, 'overthinking' is not any good either.
Old 13-02-2019, 06:47 PM
Master
hello SierraNevadaStar! I can't answer your questions but can only offer my own contemplation in addition to yours lol so hope you don't mind..

I don't know about crystals causing bad or negative experiences, some say they do but I personally don't know and think if they do it is for our own good I guess.. just like we cannot get out of the dark without piercing through it with light, and most of our paths would not be paved if it weren't for seemingly negative experiences.. so I could see how it'd make sense fro smoky quartz to work like that, especially if you are purposely using it for shadow work.

Shadow work has to do with facing and seeing our shadows or darkness that unnecessarily encompasses us, and your ultimate distaste of this smoky experience is your increased overthinking patterns, which shows an increase of consciousness, which obviously can be faced with more consciousness to dissolve it and thus you end up elevating yourself past that level or tendency to overthink or be bothered by the mind. I mean I'm sure all the monks and meditating gurus and stuff had quite a few thoughts and ingrained habits to squash and overcome before they were able to achieve prolonged mind clarity and inner peace, right? So as long as you are aware of something, it is not really a threat.. and you can deal with this and bring yourself out on a higher plane of existence afterwards.

The thing about your worst fears being realized in your dreams also seems to indicate that your desire for deep shadow working has been actualized and these are basically gifts for you to open and do whatever you want with the contents.. perhaps regift them to the higher good or that special place in the center of the Earth where unwanted things are transmuted into positive energy the Earth or Universe can use for something better.. or just face them and let them dissolve, I don't know, what do you think? and if you feel like sharing here what those worst fears are go right ahead. I wrote a poem about people giving me their fears before so I could do something cool with them but I'm sorry I forgot what it went like.. here is another one I made up lol forgive the cheesiness hope it dispels your uneasiness

give me all your fear my dear
I'll help you make it crystal clear
those murky waters needn't drown you
I'll put you back just how I found you

Another suggestion I have for you is to try using something like EFT in conjunction with or as a clean-up crew for your smoky quartz experience. EFT is a simple yet profound technique that apparently works on some deep levels and layers, and is even scientifically researched, validated for a variety of issues ranging from everyday to serious such as ptsd.. and it also has been shown to alter brain activity beneficially, according to those squiggly line machinery tests or whatever those are called..

If I were you I would keep working with smoky quartz, but I don't know maybe that was all it's meant to teach and open you to at this time, however I would stick with it at least a little longer as to not make it another unnecessary fear you know? that's good you're leaning toward staying with it. What about other crystals? have you been using any others prominently throughout this? How about pairing another crystal with it and see what kinds of results and dreams you get then? I mean the EFT or other energy work and various types of healing could be adequate or perfect, but another extra crystal or two might be just what the doctor ordered too. that'd be up to you but just for fun I'm gonna suggest a few.. well I was thinking a lot about selenite recently and it wants me to tell you so maybe that would be a cool one to pair with smoky quartz, cuz they are practically opposites, you know? what about rose quartz or turquoise if you have that.. I'm not sure what crystals you have, there could be so many options. maybe do chakra work along with the smoky.. but something aqua, blue or green might be a good choice to help calm the mental activity and help you open the heart more to receive the messages and accept them with love more easily. what do you think?