Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 24-09-2012, 03:46 AM
Knower

Xan what dragonfly1 described is what I meant. Eternal was probably the wrong word. But I meant the souls in the deeper level showed absolutely no signs of remorse. So they will be there until they do. They seemed that far gone into the darkness and they took joy in the pain they were causing and enduring. souls can not be saved unless they want to be saved and for the most part they have to make the choice to save themselves. Their torment won't be eternal but it may take them several life times until they start to make a change within themselves :)
Old 29-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Toolite

Purgatory is temp. Hell is perm. Two different mindsets. One can hear and one wont hear.
All The Glory Belongs To God Forever
Old 29-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356
Xan what dragonfly1 described is what I meant. Eternal was probably the wrong word. But I meant the souls in the deeper level showed absolutely no signs of remorse. So they will be there until they do. They seemed that far gone into the darkness and they took joy in the pain they were causing and enduring. souls can not be saved unless they want to be saved and for the most part they have to make the choice to save themselves. Their torment won't be eternal but it may take them several life times until they start to make a change within themselves :)
I see it this way too. Some people/souls are intractable in their negativity... poor things. A call for compassion to maybe help them along.

Xan

Old 29-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Master

Hm, I'm struggling with this. It gives us humans a subjective line in what is a terrible wrong that warrants this place. Is stealing in that bracket - would stealing because your family were hungry be acceptable?

(am I overthinking?!)

That said, I do believe that after passing there is a "healing" which involves a refining - which could be this place you saw. I wouldn't restrict it to "really bad people" but I think we will all find ourselves winding up there for a period of time until we have come through to knowing and accepting we will have to pay for our "crimes" with the ensuing karmic process.

I have to say as a disclaimer, I have a heavy Christian upbringing and so there is no qualifier between one sin and another in my mindset - rightly or wrongly. That said, I'm appalled at myself at the knowledge that I killed someone in a blatant abuse of power in a past life. I know I've paid for the crime and karma and that's dealt with, it's passed. I'm not pleased with myself for such a thing and whilst I don't dwell on it, it's sobering and humbling to think that I was / my soul was capable of deliberately doing such a thing.
Old 29-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Master
In my view a terrible wrong is action carried out with malicious intent. Stealing for food doesn't qualify.

As for your past life, perhaps you still need to forgive yourself for it?

Xan

Old 29-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Seeker
Another member (lenvdb64) posted a thread mentioning the movie Astral City (also known as Nosso Lar). You guys might be interested in checking it out. It's also in the "Death and The Afterlife" section, the thread is called "Movie: The Astral City".
Old 29-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
In my view a terrible wrong is action carried out with malicious intent. Stealing for food doesn't qualify.

As for your past life, perhaps you still need to forgive yourself for it?

Xan

Thanks Xan. my murder is a recent revelation. I've received a healing but I think there are reverberations that are just resounding. I don't so much blame myself or feel guilt but I think I hadn't considered that I might have been capable. But, I was a different person - it wasn't so much "me" as my past. But thanks Xan. I haven't ruled out the need for forgiving myself.
Old 29-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Toolite

Having darkness in your heart when all aspects of God seem silly. God is life hope compassion. When a person no longer regards light they are in the dark and can not hear light becuz it sounds foolish to them.
Glory To God
Old 30-09-2012, 01:28 AM
Knower

Like I said I can only tell you what I saw and what felt true, but I saw no souls there that commited silly human crimes such as stealing, lying, decieving in the lower levels. In the first place I mentioned yes but they werent there for long.
I know alot of you will probably not like what I have to say but these places we go to have nothing to do with ONE religion. They have everything and nothing to do with ALL religions.
I have no religion. I am not religious by any means. All I have is faith in higher entities.
You can sit there and talk about how god is every thing or you can choose to realised that there are multiple gods, greek gods and goddesses, angels, buhdda, mother nature, every religion in this world has a god and higher powers. Collectively they are all the LIGHT. Ans which ever one or many you hold faith in are the ones that are going to help you on your spiritual journey and your journey through the afterlife.

what I saw in the lower levels were people that had taken another life that wasnt THEIRS to take. The person that was murdered or such wasnt their TIME yet.
And these people showed NO REMORSE and seemily had NO CONSCIENCE.

whichever god or gods you believe created man- they created all the qualities within each of us. The good and the bad. The light and the dark. Everyone has both within them and is capable of both. Is doing something good for the wrong reasons considered good or bad?
Is doing something bad for the right reasons considered good or bad?
Its neither.
All we have are choices.
Choices to listen to whats right for us.
And to follow or not follow the path we are on.
The only thing we can be JUDGED on is taking another human or nonhuman life that the universe created.
Not petty concerns of qualities each human possesses.

Belle- as for the murder in a past life.
Embrace it, grieve over it, accept it and move forward from it.
Every you in a past life is still YOU. Your soul doesn't change. Only the choices you make do. If your here again you've been put here for a reason. Live that reason and embrace the person you are. That means embracing the good and the bad.
Old 30-09-2012, 02:41 AM
Master
When you say non human life.....that could mean to me, all the poor little critters ive murdered over my lifetime......flies, spiders other insects.....i have knowingly killed and unwittingly killed.......I wonder if we are put to lower vibrational realms for those crimes?.......