Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 22-01-2012, 08:47 AM
Rebel*Child

Question Showing Themselves

Is there a specific reason why a spirit may show itself to a person? I used to think that they wanted something, but from my experience, it just seems like all they want is for me to know that they're there. Is it just the person, or something deeper?
Old 22-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Experiencer

From what little I know about spirits manifesting themselves, it seems that sometimes they want to comfort a specific loved one.

Other times, to simply confirm to anyone they can reach that they continue to live on, in the spirit world.

Yet other times. they have specific information of a technical nature that they want to convey to the earth plane.

Jim
Old 24-01-2012, 11:38 AM
mysticalfocus

I've read several theories over the years regarding the manifestation of spirits to people.

Reasons for manifestation can be anything from implied consent by the person seeking (possibly they're spiritualist/medium seeking connection with a spirit) or spirit may be simply appearing at an arbitrary time thus their appearance might be of no relation to the person to whom they might happen to appear.
Old 24-01-2012, 12:31 PM
deepsea

This intriques me,because I often wondered myself.
There could be several reasons why a member of the family show themselves to us here on the physical plane.

They have recently passed over and wish to convey that they are still very much 'alive' in the spirit realms.

They wish to give a message to someone dear to them,again that this is proof that they still exist.

They also can appear in the dream state,again with same purpose in mind.

Deepsea
Old 24-01-2012, 01:23 PM
mysticalfocus

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
They also can appear in the dream state,again with same purpose in mind.

Deepsea

I am wary of dream state apparition appearances as it's so much harder to determine whether they're visions/apparitions/dreams as opposed to a conscious manifestation.

Granted, a person will take from the experience what they will, and I am not precluding the possibility of it being an active spirit, just that it's so much harder to discern whether or not that's the case.
Old 24-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Experiencer

True. I always feel that anything coming from dreams is suspect.

Jim
Old 24-01-2012, 04:13 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticalfocus
I am wary of dream state apparition appearances as it's so much harder to determine whether they're visions/apparitions/dreams as opposed to a conscious manifestation.

Granted, a person will take from the experience what they will, and I am not precluding the possibility of it being an active spirit, just that it's so much harder to discern whether or not that's the case.

agreed totally
Old 24-01-2012, 07:20 PM
deepsea

I quite agree,but depends on what kind of dream it is.
Don't they call dreams the 'small death'?
Depends where we visit in dreams?
Old 24-01-2012, 07:25 PM
mac

"Depends where we visit in dreams?" Always assuming that dreams are not simply internally generated ie that we don't actually visit anywhere....

We have so little (if any) control of our dream state that we're unable (well I'm unable) to perform even rudimentary checks of our status while we're asleep.

I'm not including so-called lucid dreams here, just the regular night-time ones.
Old 24-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel*Child
Is there a specific reason why a spirit may show itself to a person? I used to think that they wanted something, but from my experience, it just seems like all they want is for me to know that they're there. Is it just the person, or something deeper?

Hello

At times it simply is becasue I can sense them there or see them there. NOTHING more is wanted from them or by them. Just that wonderment that we have in seeing them is maybe given back.

I have some come in and say WOW ! I am here and you can see me can we have a bit of a chat ? I have no message to pass along its simply a visit.

There are other times when what is needed is on a much deeper level they need help to move over to the Light they have somehow missed that passage openign to them or there is some unsolved issues they need. Then its a matter of donig what one can for them to bring them that peace of closeure.

For me at times it is the two fold journey of bringing them home in the physical form to be put to rest by their family. In that its a joy and sorrow event. Its great sadness the person is truly gone but too its happyness there is finally closeure.

Lynn