Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 09-02-2019, 03:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by David mc
people report seeing a world very similar to earth in fact almost everything here has a duplicate in the astral,what is your views on this?thank you

If one is in the astral plane of our physical world, everything physical is duplicated there eg I go out of my body and start walking about my house, it will be exactly the same.

That being said there has been additions at times eg... an spider like entity (it had 22 legs, 11 each side if Im remembering correctly) was slowly walking up my hallway. I'd actually had lots of issues with crittery entities in my home and had also experienced them while still in body.

Another time I experienced party stuff in my lounge room which should not have been there as it was not there in real life so I was left real confused at that as I knew I was not dreaming "so why is that here?". That turned out to be a dream creation of my daughter who had just before I got out, unknown to me at that time, dreamed it was her birthday and she had a party in that room. I found that out when I got back to body and asked her what she'd dreamed.

95% of the time my home is just as it is physically when Im walking about in while OBE but if it is not, that is other stuff which has been placed in the astral or is actually there. I don't like OBE as much as lucid dreaming as it's less fun, I find it hard to create things when OBE and my subconscious does not throw me any surprises like it does when I'm lucid dreaming. I have a wild time when lucid dreaming and I do not have to be responsible nor worry about other real beings.

I do not find that I can switch easily between OBEs and lucid dreaming as the mind seems to create a habit of naturally going into one or the other. So I've had points in my life in which I'm just focused on OBE and other times in my life where I'm just focused on lucid dreaming. I cant access a pure OBE state if I've been doing lucid dreaming. The two states are so very similar that I'll slip into which one I've been working on for a while. I have not been working on either of these things for while so I dont know which I'd go into if I now tried to have an experience.. (I do WILD .. wake induced lucid dreaming when doing LD). I can make it more likely that I'd have an OBE though by raising my energy and working on this for 2-3 weeks before I try getting into it again (I dont need to do that for an LD).
Old 09-02-2019, 03:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpioRising
Could you give me some examples? If it's not too much of trouble..

Pillar of light exercises are very good for triggering OBEs off. That is how I first started to have OBEs, its too complex to explain here. It explains in the book "Astral Projection" by Denning and Phillips. (this is a guide book to OBE using occultic methods but a method suitable for anyone no matter what belief system).
Old 21-04-2022, 07:53 AM
Master
This is a very interesting thread with some interesting commentary, shedding some light on OBEs
Old 23-04-2022, 02:39 PM
Experiencer
I agree Izz. Thanks for bumping this. Very interesting.

I've been lucid dreaming for years, exploring and fooling around. Sounds like the differences between LD and AP or OBE are fairly small. Might be different things, or maybe not. Thing is, some of what others are calling lucid dreaming I don't consider fully lucid. I almost always have some control in my dreams, especially if I need it to do something. To me, that's just being aware in my dreams, not lucid dreaming. Typically I don't consider myself lucid dreaming until I leave normal dream space. Also, if I don't have access to my waking memories I don't consider it fully lucid dreaming. Thing is, at that point, is it any different from AP? Probably not.

Still, I haven't experienced any "leaving my body" or "falling back into my body" stuff. I just wake up. And I typically don't float up to the ceiling, although flying in dreams is fun. I absolutely love flying in dreams. Moving, changing locations, all that stuff - way easier than doing it awake. And dreaming can easily be 1st person or 3rd person. Switching between the two is rather easy as well.

I did notice one poster talking about being a different person living a different life in a different world. I recognize that one. To me, that's a typical feature of normal dreaming. Most people don't realize we often have a whole 2nd life dreaming, complete with it's own memories and geography. Typically, when you're dreaming there, your waking memories are unavailable. Instead you remember this whole other life.
Old 20-05-2022, 09:24 AM
Newbie ;)

I don't know if astral travel is just a dream, what I know is that one should be careful where you go and what you do, cause the things you do or are done to you can be felt very well, and what you feel is true cause it can influence you. But that is the price of freedom I guess.
Old 20-05-2022, 09:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Passing
I agree Izz. Thanks for bumping this. Very interesting

You're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Read about it from people who have them to prepare you if you want....always a good idea cuz...
there's no gravity in the astral...

This fascinates me. Thank you for the information, Miss Hepburn
Old 20-05-2022, 10:40 AM
Master
I’ve not practised astral projection, I really don’t understand it fully. I’ve always felt it was a form of controlling what you want, by projecting yourself into that dreamscape. Regardless, in this view, it would become a part of your process manifesting life in this way? I don’t really know, just sharing my thoughts.

As the dream dreaming ourselves it could all be dreams within the dream and so on.

Is a dream real?

It’s a creation through what is past present future, so what you determine yourself doing or being or creating as astral projection could simply be reaching for an expansion in your current dream?

I wonder if one’s unique symbolism plays out in this way too?

I have had some experiences, in my body not asleep, merging with spirits creating a whole array of multi dimensional viewing. In the long term it opened me to a more expansive awareness of myself.

I remember doing reiki on a young woman in a wheel chair. She whispered to me. In my dreams I’m free! I can fly and I’m not in this chair.
Old 20-05-2022, 01:51 PM
Administrator
That last sentence is so true because once the soul is free of the body you are free from pain and any Ailments that keeps you to your earthly body.

Namaste
Old 21-05-2022, 06:11 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
once the soul is free of the body you are free from pain and any Ailments that keeps you to your earthly body.
That's one of the things I love about dreaming/astral travel. It's so freeing. Waking life is full of limitations, and it's very nice to leave them behind for a while.
Old 21-05-2022, 06:57 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you for sharing such an amazing piece of content