Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 14-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Henri77

Talking with a friend who just left the body.

Just remembered this.
Several years ago a close friend of my wife's was in the hospital and wasn't expected
to live much longer.
A family member called to advise her his time was likely near.
As we arrived at hospital his family was gathered in his room.
Julia entered, but as I wasn't a close friend I stayed in the waiting area,
as I didn't feel I should be with close family.

After 45 min I heard emotional outcries and assumed he'd left the body.
We returned home and Julia went in to work (my day off)
I occupied myself with reading and shortly heard John's voice in my mind.
He said he was happy someone could hear him, and we chatted briefly before he left.

This was the only time I talked with a soul recently departed.
Evidently he'd followed us home in order to communicate with someone he knew.
Old 14-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Trieah

That's a very neat experience. I've had a few of those myself.
Old 14-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Administrator
Hey Henri,

That was good conformation for you that your wifes friend has transended into spirit and was ok, the reason she came to you was because her own imediate family were to emotionaly distraught to hear her i hope it gave your wife some comfort to know that her friend was safe.

Namaste
Old 14-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Gofa

I've once gone out side at a funeral and had a drink with the newly departed leaning on his front gate (farmer) Split some of his best whiskey from my glass so he was involved. More a communion that much speech He was not one of many words when alive. Basic translation after I enjoyed his booze was " better be getting on " and he was gone. Always leaves me with a smile when I recall it to mind. Lightens up going to funerals as you might be on for nice drink and a quiet chat.
Old 15-04-2012, 01:42 AM
Henri77

My teacher, a spiritualist minister, always said she tended to be sad at weddings and cheerful at funerals.
Sad at the loss of freedom (weddings) and cheerful that someone went home, at funerals.
Yes, I was the only one not emotionally distraught, so I could hear John when he came to me.

Yeah, spirit visitors don't hang around long. Say hi and move on usually.
Old 15-04-2012, 04:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
My teacher, a spiritualist minister, always said she tended to be sad at weddings and cheerful at funerals.
Sad at the loss of freedom (weddings) and cheerful that someone went home, at funerals.
Yes, I was the only one not emotionally distraught, so I could hear John when he came to me.

I feel sorry for babies when they are born and envious of those who get to leave. Life on earth is no picnic.
Old 15-04-2012, 06:03 AM
Rin

Tibetan Buddhists talk to the departed for days in order to give them gudining instructions. AFAIU there is no communication backwards, I assume the dead are very busy and if the Tibetan Book of The Dead is to be believed they would be occupied with what is happening. Therefore the repeated communications.
Old 15-04-2012, 06:06 AM
Rin

Quote:
Getting married should give us more freedom and support to do what we want to do and not less. It should be 1+1=3. If the equation is 1+1=0 then there is something wrong somewhere.
Old 15-04-2012, 11:01 AM
mac

Quote:

I guess your minister said that 'tongue-in-cheek'.

Of course we Spiritualists know that the so-called dead are anything but dead and have much to amaze them on their departure from this world. But the sadness should be for the bereaved if they have no such understanding.

Weddings should be a joyful occasion inasmuch as they have the potential for experiencing something that can't be experienced in the etheric - that of having children and being parents. Think about that one....
Old 15-04-2012, 11:01 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
Getting married should give us more freedom and support to do what we want to do and not less. It should be 1+1=3. If the equation is 1+1=0 then there is something wrong somewhere.

absolutely!