Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 04-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Pinkroses

Automatic Writing vs. Channelling

Hi everyone! I am hoping some of you can provide some insight on automatic writing and channelling.

I have tried automatic writing a couple of times. Although I am able to clear my mind and let my hand just do the work, the writing always looks like "brain waves" instead of recognizable text. Both times, I was only able to recognize a couple of words.

Then, I read about doing something similar, by listening instead of just letting your hand do the work. Today I tried that. I sat down, cleared my head and wrote down a question. I sat quietly and waited and listened for the answer to come in my head. Then I wrote it down. I did this several times with various questions. It worked great, but there is really no way of knowing if the answers came from the spirit world or from me. The only validation I got was at the end of the exercise when I heard in my head to turn on the radio because a certain band would be playing soon. I turned on the radio and heard the band within a few minutes.

Overall, I found the whole experience to be a positive one. (I even felt strong emotions during my "conversation" and shed a few tears.) But I was left feeling puzzled by the experience.

What I am wondering is:
What is the difference between automatic writing and channelling? How do you know if the messages you receive are from you or the spirit world?

Thanks,
Dee
Old 05-10-2012, 01:06 AM
Master

You won't for a while. It will sound like you. You just have to trust yourself that you are hearing from spirit. See what happens when you don't ask any questions. I always started with a bit of a journal entry to get my intentions clear, then I surrounded myself with the white light of the holy spirit and asked for a higher guide ONLY. That is important if you don't want to communicate with the lower "level" energies/entities. It helps to know who you are speaking to, so you can also just ask for your spirit guide, or a particular one you want to speak with. I would pick one and stick with them for a while after you get the hang of it. Connections are being made, so it may take a while to get into the "spirit" of things, so just don't stress it and let it be what it will be.

If you believe you can channel, you can. If you want guidance, there is a great book, "Opening to Channel" by Sanaya Roman. It explains everything you would ever want to know about it.

Most of all, have FUN with it!!! It is so much fun.

Congratulations on stepping outside your box. The first step is the biggest one, then it gets easier each time, then is just is natural.

I would say, for me anyway, I never did the whole thing where spirit takes over your hand. I know it works that way for some people, and I thought that is what it was going to be like, but it never happened that way for me.
I think I tried it a few times that way as well, with about the same results :O)

What a wonderful day in the neighborhood....

Light.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Pinkroses

Thumbs up Great Advice

Thank you, Nameless, for your insight. This is all so new and bizarre to me, so I appreciate your thoughts. I am definitely doing a lot of experimenting and exploring lately. It has certainly been fun ... and sometimes confusing. I will check out the book you recommended.

Have a great day!
-Dee
Old 06-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Master

I've been badly burnt by channelling. I don't do automatic writing, but the person I worked with did. I channel, and what I find it's like an enormous zip file being dumped on me that the thoughts come so fast, so excitedly - I type fast as I'm a secretary and so that was the best way to take things down. It felt like super-fast dictation.

However with the work I was doing with my friend, a large amount of ego crept in and I'm sure I was very much sucked into his charisma and aura and I lost my judgment. Both with my channelling and his automatic writing. Let me be clear: I was dealing with a super-ego, a super-aura, not your average Tom, **** or Harry one but this one was immense. I don't blame myself too much for getting sucked in but it did an enormous damage mostly to myself.

How do you know if it's real? Watch it. Be part of a group and don't work in solidarity. Use discernment about what you write. Be careful about what guides you connect with and ask for pure and light guides to come through and mean it.

Don't wish to be a dampner, but it's too easy to go wrong.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Pinkroses

Thanks, Belle. I will definitely proceed cautiously. I certainly don't want to let just anything in! When I attempted channelling, I did so by requesting that only one specific spirit communicate. I will continue to do that and will probably do some reading and researching before attempting it again.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:47 PM
Master

Your guides are guiding you, so another thing to do is pay attention to your hunches...
Old 06-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeinMich
Thanks, Belle. I will definitely proceed cautiously. I certainly don't want to let just anything in! When I attempted channelling, I did so by requesting that only one specific spirit communicate. I will continue to do that and will probably do some reading and researching before attempting it again.

I hope I didn't scare you too much. One guide is good and also from the highest available source.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:33 PM
Pinkroses

Belle- No, you didn't scare me too much! I appreciate your input. Thanks again!
Old 07-10-2012, 04:12 AM
Administrator
What is Automatic Writing?

Said to be writing that does not come from the conscious thoughts
Often the writer has NO CLUE what they have written, typed or even drawn
For some it come right after a meditative or dream state
At times the writer can be very aware they are writing and just let it free flow from them
Can be from Trance Mediumship where you are in contact with Spirit or other beings
Different levels are full trace where the Medium becomes the TOOL the Spirit or being uses or you hear the words spoken and you simply write them out
Many still feel it is the thoughts of the writer being put on the page but often contains words, lingo or information you have NO knowledge on
One can even write in the same hand that a deceased person used
Drawings and doodles are also a common part of Automatic Writing

Why Automatic Write?

For information about our personal lives ( via contact with our Guides or Higher Self )
To make contact with the other side or the Spirit World
To make contact with other beings ( ET’s) or Angles / Ascended Masters

How does it look?

Often it does not look like it can even be read but if you take the time to sort out the spelling and punctuation’s there is a message there
One big long run on sentence
Can be penned in a hand that is not yours at all in style
Can be signed by someone that you do not know

How does it Work?

Simply let the information flow
Do not stop to THINK about the process
Do not stop to THINK about what you are writing or how it’s being presented

How do you KNOW it’s real?

Fact check it often you are given names and even dates or locations
Think about what has been written and who it might apply to
Think about how it might fit into memories you have
Lingo or words you do not use or even know the meaning of and have to look up
If hand written in a style that you do not use or even done by a hand you do not write with
How do you FEEL doing it?
Often in a day dream like state of feelings
Calm and relaxed
If you do not feel good STOP never force things
Hands might type or write in a faster pace than normally used

Just some information from what I have learned over the year's in teaching this at times in wokshops.

Lynn
Old 07-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Pinkroses

Wow! Thanks, Lynn, for the great information! :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like automatic writing and channelling are essentially the same thing. It's just the method of getting the information that's different. It also seems like you can in fact do automatic writing by "hearing" the responses and messages rather than allowing your hand to just write them unconsciously.

Interesting.