Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 06-05-2020, 04:29 AM
Master
2 BUDDHAS LIVING AT SAME TIME

Kāśyapa Buddha and Gautama Buddha had lives that not just overlapped each other but they knew each other.

How come this is not talked about?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-05-2020, 08:41 AM
Deactivated Account

Kāśyapa Buddha was the 27th Buddha and his body was twenty cubits high, (30 feet tall) and he lived for two thousand years in three different palaces. Kassapa died at the age of forty thousand years.

I never heard of him before but the little info I just read makes me think it was maybe a children's story in ancient times. Remember story telling was pretty much one of their main ways to entertain themselves long before electricity was invented.
Old 06-05-2020, 09:12 AM
Master
L
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Kāśyapa Buddha and Gautama Buddha had lives that not just overlapped each other but they knew each other.

How come this is not talked about?

Fake News.

Kasyapa was a Disciple of Gautama so of course they knew each other, your getting confused with the previous Buddha Kasyapa Two different people.
Old 06-05-2020, 09:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
Kāśyapa Buddha was the 27th Buddha and his body was twenty cubits high, (30 feet tall) and he lived for two thousand years in three different palaces. Kassapa died at the age of forty thousand years.

I never heard of him before but the little info I just read makes me think it was maybe a children's story in ancient times. Remember story telling was pretty much one of their main ways to entertain themselves long before electricity was invented.

INTERESTING INFO!

Can you provide some clarity on how many years he lived?

And does your research claim he died after Gautama Buddha?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-05-2020, 09:55 AM
Master
Quote:
INTERESTING INFO!

Can you provide some clarity on how many years he lived?

And does your research claim he died after Gautama Buddha?

One was a previous Buddha as I explained, the Disciple Kasyapa is a different person and there is no reference to his death as Kasyapa was a popular name .Wouldn't your Buddhist Family know all this info: ?

Two Buddha's never live at the same time and only appear when Dharma has been forgotten.... All Buddhist know this....
Old 06-05-2020, 10:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
L

Fake News.

Kasyapa was a Disciple of Gautama so of course they knew each other, your getting confused with the previous Buddha Kasyapa Two different people.

I am not surprised of your typical Buddhist response..... a little harsh with the Fake News?

Back to the subject: are you referring to Mahā Kāśyapa?

Old 06-05-2020, 10:09 AM
Master
Quote:
I am not surprised of your typical Buddhist response..... a little harsh with the Fake News?

Back to the subject: are you referring to Mahā Kāśyapa?

When you Post something which isn't true it's referred to as Fake, that's not harsh but the truth.... You said Two Buddha's lived at the same time which is not true, therefore Fake News...
Old 06-05-2020, 10:25 AM
Master
Quote:
One was a previous Buddha as I explained, the Disciple Kasyapa is a different person and there is no reference to his death as Kasyapa was a popular name .Wouldn't your Buddhist Family know all this info: ?

Two Buddha's never live at the same time and only appear when Dharma has been forgotten.... All Buddhist know this....

Is this a typical Buddhist response?

First was preceded by you stating FAKE NEWS!

What a turn off to Buddhism!

Old 06-05-2020, 10:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Is this a typical Buddhist response?

First was preceded by you stating FAKE NEWS!

What a turn off to Buddhism!

The truth is what it is, it's neither Christian nor Buddhist. In the Sangha I occasionally go to we speak the truth and what is not true regarding Buddhism is pointed out.
You are constantly Posting things about Buddhism which is not true and is definitely
a ' Turn off '. If you have a Buddhist Wife/Daughter and Family wouldn't it be easier for them to explain Buddhism?

I have pointed out to you that what you Posted about being Two Buddha's at the same time is not true and fake/false news, I'll leave it at that....
Old 06-05-2020, 01:47 PM
Master
Quote:
When you Post something which isn't true it's referred to as Fake, that's not harsh but the truth.... You said Two Buddha's lived at the same time which is not true, therefore Fake News...
You did not provide any evidence it was FALSE. You just proclaimed it was False. There still is the possibility you might be wrong.

You are the only Buddhist I know of that talks/writes this way.

Maitreya and Gautama Buddha have overlapping lives together. Maitreya has not become a Buddha yet but both entities have overlapping lives together.

Even the mysterious Five Treatises of Maitreya appear to have no date as to when they were originally given which might provide support of 2 Buddhas living at the same time.

Maitreya and Gautama Buddha both resided in Tusita Heaven. Did they both have overlapping residence in Tusita Heaven?

And did they overlap residence in Tusita Heaven with Kāśyapa Buddha?