Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 08-02-2020, 09:35 PM
Newbie ;)

Can I get some advice on Super healthy dishes..

I'm trying to up the ante when it comes to my diet.
I've been eating allot of baby spinach and broccoli lately,
Any tips on a dish I could prepare to supercharge my meditation and mindfulness practices?
(A.k.a brain foods that are easily digestible)
Old 20-02-2020, 12:09 PM
JustASimpleGuy

The best advice is to create a nutrition plan and one you can stick to. I use a spreadsheet and plan the macro levels (percent of carbs, proteins & fats) then fill in the details. Right now I'm doing roughly 20%, 25% & 55%. Lots of healthy fats, no sugars except a dash of honey with yogurt and rolled oats, no refined carbs, no junk foods, no soda or juices.

Here's a great site for looking up food nutrition breakdown.

https://nutritiondata.self.com/facts...roducts/2896/2

And foods for the brain.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/11-brain-foods
https://bestlifeonline.com/best-brain-foods/

I also pay close attention to omega-6 to 3 ratios, keeping it at 4-1 or better. A good fish oil supplement helps.
Old 20-02-2020, 02:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonvegasorunknown
I'm trying to up the ante when it comes to my diet.
I've been eating allot of baby spinach and broccoli lately,
Any tips on a dish I could prepare to supercharge my meditation and mindfulness practices?
(A.k.a brain foods that are easily digestible)

Just remember - it's not what you eat and drink that makes or keeps you healthy, it's what you don't eat or drink that is important.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 15-03-2020, 03:31 PM

Post My Health

The meaning of health has evolved over time. In keeping with the biomedical perspective, early definitions of health focused on the theme of the body's ability to function; health was seen as a state of normal function that could be disrupted from time to time by disease. An example of such a definition of health is: "a state characterized by anatomic, physiologic, and psychological integrity; ability to perform personally valued family, work, and community roles; ability to deal with physical, biological, psychological, and social stress".[2] Then in 1948, in a radical departure from previous definitions, the World Health Organization (WHO) proposed a definition that aimed higher: linking health to well-being, in terms of "physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease and infirmity".[3] Although this definition was welcomed by some as being innovative, it was also criticized as being vague, excessively broad and was not construed as measurable. For a long time, it was set aside as an impractical ideal and most discussions of health returned to the practicality of the biomedical model.[4]

Just as there was a shift from viewing disease as a state to thinking of it as a process, the same shift happened in definitions of health. Again, the WHO played a leading role when it fostered the development of the health promotion movement in the 1980s. This brought in a new conception of health, not as a state, but in dynamic terms of resiliency, in other words, as "a resource for living". 1984 WHO revised the definition of health defined it as "the extent to which an individual or group is able to realize aspirations and satisfy needs and to change or cope with the environment. Health is a resource for everyday life, not the objective of living; it is a positive concept, emphasizing social and personal resources, as well as physical capacities".[5] Thus, health referred to the ability to maintain homeostasis and recover from insults. Mental, intellectual, emotional and social health referred to a person's ability to handle stress, to acquire skills, to maintain relationships, all of which form resources for resiliency and independent living.[4] This opens up many possibilities for health to be taught, strengthened and learned.