Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 09-06-2020, 04:32 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequena Estrela
Ziusudra - sounds like your ex husband was not the right one for you. When you find true love, that love never dies. There is never indifference, never the wish to be apart from that person. True love lasts a lifetime - and beyond.

Actually, my ex husband was the right person for me at the time when we met and during the first part of our marriage. We both had gained and learned from our marriage.

About true love..... hmm.
Love is not so concrete. It flows, with different shapes, colors, and depths.
I agreed that love can last a lifetime and beyond.
However, for a physical and romantic relationship to last a lifetime, it takes more than just enduring love.
Old 09-06-2020, 03:20 PM
Deactivated Account

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziusudra
Actually, my ex husband was the right person for me at the time when we met and during the first part of our marriage. We both had gained and learned from our marriage.

About true love..... hmm.
Love is not so concrete. It flows, with different shapes, colors, and depths.
I agreed that love can last a lifetime and beyond.
However, for a physical and romantic relationship to last a lifetime, it takes more than just enduring love.

Ziusudra - I don't think it's so much that your ex husband was the right person for you at the time but that he wasn't later. The right person is always the right person, that doesn't change. I agree he might have come into your life for a reason, and it sounds like you both learned from that experience - such things do happen. Some people get sent our way for a reason, to teach us something - or maybe we have to teach them something.

But the real right man for you - that wasn't your ex husband.

True that one has to work on a relationship, one has to put the effort into it or it won't last. One has to give and take, make compromises, communicate. One has to sacrifice, one has to put the other person before oneself. Without all that, it's not going to work. But at the essence of it all there must be real love or even all these efforts will come to nothing.

I'd rather stand with God
And be judged by men
Than stand with men
And be judged by God
Old 10-06-2020, 11:52 PM
Ascender
It's been a joy and an interesting read with all of your responses over the weeks. I've typed a bunch and just deleted it all in the edit. It felt pointless to post but the worth of those words came in my own epiphany as I reviewed them. So my time typing it out didn't go to waste :)

Hope you are all well and healthy during these crazy times.

Last edited by LibbyScorp : 11-06-2020 at 06:59 AM.
Old 11-06-2020, 07:31 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyScorp
It's been a joy and an interesting read with all of your responses over the weeks. I've typed a bunch and just deleted it all in the edit. It felt pointless to post but the worth of those words came in my own epiphany as I reviewed them. So my time typing it out didn't go to waste :)

Hope you are all well and healthy during these crazy times.
Hi.. Lovely message. A point to everything in the end! Hope that you too are staying safe and well.... Crazy times indeed.
Old 05-08-2020, 06:44 PM
Pathfinder
I feel like I don't get attached to people romantically anymore.
I did hurt in the past. Now the sense of disenchantment just makes the magic go away.
Maybe because now I seek a true bond. When I see it's just not happening, I don't feel anything at all.
Maybe If someday I get mislead more seriously, I would hurt for a longer time. I don't know myself anymore.
Old 05-08-2020, 07:27 PM
Master

Yes, I held on for 7 years and I got trampled over and over until one day I said "Enough. Go." It was with my daughter. The son went along with her.

I think it is different for everyone. I held on because I just couldn't fathom my daughter would do such hurtful things. I thought it was my imagination. But after 7 years? Come on. But it took that long, me holding on, her doing one hurtful thing after another. For me to let go and put me first.
Old 09-08-2020, 12:05 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyScorp
I'm interested to hear your experiences of when you knew it was time to let go of someone you loved deeply. At what point did you develop the strength to leave? What was the breaking point?..

For me it's always been easy to split with a woman as soon as I find out we're not on the same wavelength, and she usually agrees too, so we simply go our separate ways, piece o' cake..:)
Old 18-08-2020, 06:02 PM
Knower

I let go of the expectations on someone but not on the actual feelings (it wouldn't be possible) and I finally found peace. I know that it sounds a very abstract thing to say, but it took me several years and lots of hurt. You just live your life carrying the hurt until you realise that love doesn't necessarily mean physical presence. It made me stronger, it made me love myself more.