Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 24-06-2013, 12:51 AM
Ascender

This is really interesting. I remember being really young and living in a house that I had lived in since I was born, but always would think to myself "I want to go home." I would just sit and repeat it over and over and not understand why because I was in the only place I knew as home. I still get this feeling. I would love to know more about this!
Thank you!
Old 24-06-2013, 03:25 AM
Juanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Star
A couple of books you might find interesting are Michael Newton's Journey of Souls and the follow-up, Destiny of Souls. Maybe Brian Weiss's books, too. Both are psychiatrists and hypnotherapists who, when regressing patients to the source of their current struggles, inadvertently took them back into past lives. Newton took them even further--into the experiences of the soul back "home," between incarnations. This came as much of a surprise to these therapists as well as their patients, but both decided it was worth risking their professional reputations to explore the matter further. I still approach spiritual stuff with a healthy dose of skepticism, but I found Newton and Weiss's books compelling and believable.

And I recommend them because they might help you understand why you are here at all, thus connecting you to your purpose. You're here to grow and mature as a soul. What progress you make in this life, your soul will carry forward into other incarnations. You're an eternal being who has chosen to play a role here on Earth for a little while--just like every other human around you.

And when you start thinking like an eternal being (at least as best you can while wearing a meatsuit, and using a meat-based thinking apparatus), a lot of human problems diminish in significance. There is so much fleeting, transient, superficial stuff that seems important to the meatsuit, but it's irrelevant to my soul. Start thinking and acting from a soul perspective, and everything changes.

Newton's books might also help ease the deep longing for home and loneliness you feel--I've felt it too, for nearly my entire life, and on some days I still do. But I now know that I'm not really alone, and that my time here is really just a blink of an eye. And I'm here to do certain things--as are you--and when I'm doing those things my feelings of heaviness, longing, and loneliness disappear.

I don't know what your soul's purpose is in coming here, or what you intended to accomplish on this earth. It doesn't have to be anything huge, but it's yours. And once you remember what it is, and start doing it, you'll probably start feeling a lot more at home here, and less like a lonely exile.

Lovely post...I'm not that crazy about Weiss, but have read Newton's books at least seven times.....
Old 24-06-2013, 04:20 AM
Master
With so much happening in my life i once thought, I wish I could be home, I think this was because I wasn't happy with my life, and just wanted out of it. Not so many years ago i was so over taken by this feeling that I just fell onto my bed, all of a sudden i was gone, I was One with the Cosmos, I felt like I was stretched out into all there was, it was beautiful. When I came back to the body, or that is how it felt, I was laughing my head off, i finally realized the cosmic joke, the joke was that I was already home, I hope you get the joke as well.
Old 24-06-2013, 04:51 AM
Juanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
With so much happening in my life i once thought, I wish I could be home, I think this was because I wasn't happy with my life, and just wanted out of it. Not so many years ago i was so over taken by this feeling that I just fell onto my bed, all of a sudden i was gone, I was One with the Cosmos, I felt like I was stretched out into all there was, it was beautiful. When I came back to the body, or that is how it felt, I was laughing my head off, i finally realized the cosmic joke, the joke was that I was already home, I hope you get the joke as well.

It sounds much like a near-death-experience.... Did you ever think that this amazing experience was for you only? Not every experience is like yours, you know....not saying that you are special or anything--
Old 24-06-2013, 05:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
It sounds much like a near-death-experience.... Did you ever think that this amazing experience was for you only? Not every experience is like yours, you know....not saying that you are special or anything--
Yes that's true, we all experience this in our own way, but all realization experiences are an experience of Oneness, its tasting the Oneness that is experience through the mind body, the experience isn't what IS, its always secondary to that. Oh yea, were all special, so no need to even think that we are, Oh yea.
Old 24-06-2013, 05:16 AM
Pathfinder

I must say I have been there for the longest time when I felt abandoned by my husb, friends and family. I needed to survive bec of my two young children. My wish everyday after my prayers was for God to take me home. I questioned God as to why I came here. I was sure God did not intend for me to live in misery.
Answers came in the form of spiritual books and Law of Attraction by Abraham Hicks. I also did a lot of volunteer work in suicide prevention and counselling. This helped in many, many ways.

Today I am the happiest of persons and my fervent wish is to live 300 years more!
(I am also helping others on their spiritual journeys.)

The bottom line is, Ask, and the Universe will Deliver. Hope your journey will be just as fun.
Old 24-06-2013, 05:27 AM
Master
Yep it sure is fun when we are Awakened, even things that are labelled as bad seem good now, the cancer I got only three years ago, seems as a challenge, if I die then that is a new adventure to look forward to. I'll live as Robert as long as he lives and that is all I can do, so I am going to squeeze all that I can out of this life, just like a big juicy orange lol.
Old 24-06-2013, 06:16 AM
Sophie

These posts have been astonishing reading to me. I had assumed that we all cling to life, and merely console ourselves with concepts of a better afterlife. That is what makes my (and I’m sure others’) bereavement so painful. But the longing of so many of you for where you came from gives bereavement quite another perspective. Oh, I do wish I could feel at least a bit of this ‘going home’ longing!
Old 24-06-2013, 06:41 AM
Pathfinder

Dear psychoslice,

"Yep it sure is fun when we are Awakened, even things that are labelled as bad seem good now, the cancer I got only three years ago, seems as a challenge, if I die then that is a new adventure to look forward to. I'll live as Robert as long as he lives and that is all I can do, so I am going to squeeze all that I can out of this life, just like a big juicy orange lol."

My sis was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer abt 8 mths ago.
We found a book which helped her tremendously.
"The Secret to Healing Cancer" by Dr Tien-Sheng Hsu.
Today her cancer has receeded to Stage 2A.
She looks the best I have seen her in all her 59 yrs of life.
She said the book turned her life around.
Perhaps you may like to take a look at the book.
It explains in terms of energy and uses Seth's teachings to explain how our cells work for or against us.

Peace and Light be with you.
Old 24-06-2013, 06:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie
These posts have been astonishing reading to me. I had assumed that we all cling to life, and merely console ourselves with concepts of a better afterlife. That is what makes my (and I’m sure others’) bereavement so painful. But the longing of so many of you for where you came from gives bereavement quite another perspective. Oh, I do wish I could feel at least a bit of this ‘going home’ longing!
You don't have to feel this, you are already there, just keep that always in your thoughts and soon it will come naturally, we have been hypnotized by this world in believing we are separate, we now need to Wake up from this dream and truly Realize our wonderful position, that is being ONE, without any such thing as two lol.