Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 15-09-2018, 10:56 AM
Guide

Shadow Side

My learned beliefs could cause me to perceive my shadow side as 'evil/demonic' when my conscious mind knows that whilst 'fear' is one aspect of this, how do I communicate with myself to release this if my shadow self appears to just constantly be bratty about it. There's a childishness to it so do I go to my inner child as a starting point or am I taking that too literal?
Old 16-09-2018, 10:07 AM
Knower

I think if that's what you feel you want to do and the right path for you to develop. Then isn't that at least worth a shot regardless of how it might seem?
Old 11-10-2018, 10:36 AM
Newbie ;)

There is, what I believe, to also be a teenage self. The same concept as the inner child but of your teenage years, hence possibly the bratty attitude you speak of.
No offence intended to any teenagers. You know what I mean...

I think of the shadow side as those things we don't like about ourselves and as such we keep them in the 'dark'. There is lots of info on the shadow side if this sounds like what you are referring to.
Old 13-10-2018, 12:17 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornonthecusp
I think if that's what you feel you want to do and the right path for you to develop. Then isn't that at least worth a shot regardless of how it might seem?

I had some apprehension about it which I've been working on but yes, its worth a shot, thank you Bornonthecusp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle
There is, what I believe, to also be a teenage self. The same concept as the inner child but of your teenage years, hence possibly the bratty attitude you speak of.
No offence intended to any teenagers. You know what I mean...

I think of the shadow side as those things we don't like about ourselves and as such we keep them in the 'dark'. There is lots of info on the shadow side if this sounds like what you are referring to.

That would make sense that we have a teenage self Gentle and mine probably never saw any light I didn't enjoy my teenage years I've been doing a fair bit of shadow work but for some reason I started to get quite apprehensive when I felt a block that I couldn't seem to get past and I was telling myself 'do you really want to open this can of worms' so that set me back a bit and I let that fear get the better of me.

I've been working on why I feel like that and I think I'm nearly ready to go forth with it. Thank you Gentle