Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 22-03-2017, 02:55 PM
Newbie ;)

Question I can't manage lucid dreaming. Help?

I have regular nightmares. I've always had intense nightmares, but ever since embarking on my spiritual journey a year ago, my nightmares have intensified in frequency

I've been doing methods to lucid dream, and nothing is working so far

I do daily reality checks every two hours, i meditate before bed, and repeat lucid dreaming affirmations. I also keep a dream journal

Then when I'm dreaming, nothing triggers me to realize I'm dreaming or to do a reality check.

These nightmares are getting out of control. My husband is having to wake me up almost nightly from some dream that is making me hyperventilate and twitch

I have no idea if these are simply from anxiety, or if something is trying to get my attention, or what. I wanted to start lucid dreaming so that if it is anxiety, i could just control them; or if it is something else, maybe i could understand

Do you have any tips or thoughts? Please nothing involving drugs :)
Old 22-03-2017, 05:39 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanWitch
Then when I'm dreaming, nothing triggers me to realize I'm dreaming or to do a reality check.
This is what I'm curious about too. Not that I've tried too many times with this method but it doesn't seem like my dreaming self will "remember" to do reality checks
Old 28-03-2017, 02:04 AM
Pathfinder

No drugs necessary for lucid dreaming

Quote:
I have regular nightmares.

How long have you had nightmares? In years?

You are doing the right things by daily checks during waking life, meditation, affirmations, and the dream journal. If these exercises aren't giving you the desired result, there are deeper issues at hand. I appreciate your difficulty.

Nightmares are common for the following reasons:
1) illness (especially fever)
2) stress (from adolescence, school, work, social)
3) Troubled relationship
4) traumatic events (these can cause long-lasting events)

Actually drugs and alcohol can increase these nightmares, so I am encouraged that you see the folly in these...

Do you take medications for Parkinsons? Or beta blockers for heart issues? These can also cause unpleasant dreams.

REM sleep is the ideal environment for lucid dreaming. It is best to cultivate an environment of rest, absent of the above triggers.

For me, the journal by the bedside has been the most useful tool for increasing lucid dreaming. Don't despair. I hope you are able to find attainment.
Old 28-03-2017, 02:52 AM
Gracey

your emotions are controlling your dreams. try to be mindful during the next one, when your emotions are running high. try to remember to use your thoughts. for instance, if you see a big snake coming to bite you. there will be a period of time before it gets to you. in the time period, think about that snake and what you can do to control it. you could use a stick and shove it down its throat or you could turn it into a flower. what ever route of imagination that soothes you. you are the dreamer and have complete control over your dreams. your dreams are this way because there is something in your life that you are not facing.

it also might help to practice this in waking life as well. think about what fears you are not facing and try to work on resolving the emotions that go with them.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:01 PM
Seeker

Quote:
I have regular nightmares. I've always had intense nightmares, but ever since embarking on my spiritual journey a year ago, my nightmares have intensified in frequency

I've been doing methods to lucid dream, and nothing is working so far

I do daily reality checks every two hours, i meditate before bed, and repeat lucid dreaming affirmations. I also keep a dream journal

These nightmares are getting out of control. My husband is having to wake me up almost nightly from some dream that is making me hyperventilate and twitch

I have no idea if these are simply from anxiety, or if something is trying to get my attention, or what. I wanted to start lucid dreaming so that if it is anxiety, i could just control them; or if it is something else, maybe i could understand

There are various methods to achieve lucidity within dreams--and as well to conquer your nightmares, and become "the nightmare" of your nightmare. Being a new member, I can't post a link just yet--but the information contained within the link will help you greatly.

There's a 9 page section that the article belongs to titled "Dream Theory"--but the link itself is the article specific to your inquiry. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have about the article in this post, and once I fulfill my post requisite I'll drop you a link; or you can pm me and I'll send it to you there.

But in a nutshell, there's two main ways to activate lucid dreams during "Sleep"; those two being objective and subjective activation. Objective activation involves the use of "artifacts"--an item used to validate lucidity or the waking state; this being just one means of objective activation.

Subjective activation may include nightmares, and since nightmares are so memorable--they usually spark lucid experiences; the key is to challenge the fear, transferring your fear of it to it--whilst gaining it's courage or "power."