Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 13-04-2015, 12:46 AM
Master
It can be hard once you start delving,,, there doesn't seem too much you can eat, especially if you have an intolerance to something, then also an intolerance to an alternative most recommend to eat instead,,,

The one saving grace tho is actually feeling the difference once you find something you can eat.

I've had a few episodes since starting to eat intolerance free and by golly do I wonder how I lived the way I did previously,,,

Allbeit homeopathic (prescribed and over the counter medication gave me other symptoms), I took medication daily, now I am also medication free and I would much rather it that way

It seems, being a fussy eater when I was younger could actually have been self preservation, actually exploring with cooking for family has taken me down an intolerance route that gradually built up and became steady and constant so different symptoms came up and just ended up being medicated,,,

So, I'm again at an exploring route, this time with the addition of knowledge,,,

With regards to your meetings, perhaps ask at your local health centre, perhaps draw up a flyer and ask them if you can put it up in the surgery and if interest is shown, is there anything that they may be able to offer or help arrange,,, ie. a room to use, dietitian visit, guest speakers,,,

Failing that if there's an alternative health centre nearby, try them,,,

All the best with your journey

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 13-04-2015, 03:17 AM
Master

So much you say sounds so familiar. Being corn free as well as gluten free restricts so many of the things I love to eat.

That being said, I am thankful. Thankful that I have the internet that I can research and find information on how to remain healthy.

All is not gloomy!

All of my meds prescription as well as otc seem to be working in my behalf, thank goodness.

With the knowledge I have now, I wonder how I could have been eating (gluten and corn) unhealthy all these years. I always had a predisposition for fearing for a premature death before that I no longer have. I know I am doing the best I can with the knowledge I have to ensure a health, quality life. The rest is up to my life plan.
Old 18-04-2015, 03:22 PM
Master

I'm finding totally eliminating corn from my diet is near impossible. I get a mild corn reaction almost daily from eating something that has a minuscule amount of corn in it.

The corn ingredient does not have to be listed if it is used somehow to make or enhance another ingredient. For instance, maltodextrin has to be listed but not the fact that it is derived from corn (almost all maltodextrin is made from corn in the United States).

Regarding corn, I did read somewhere that the idea is to eliminate as much corn as possible. I am finding out this is a realistic statement.

Daily I have a stuffy nose due to some form of corn intake during the day though I try to be conscious of everything I eat and read labels constantly.
Old 18-04-2015, 09:13 PM
But if a person is eating whole foods, grass fed meats, milks, butter, etc...no boxes, syrups,
powdery things...it seems it would be easy...No?
Where is the corn then?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-04-2015, 09:45 PM
Master
Dear Linen just a suggestion and dont know if you know about Salicylates ,a naturally occurring substance in all fruits and veges and can give not very nice reactions either ,its a hard one to live with as it limits so much ,the low list for me was not even good and every list is different ,so much trial and error, Amines also can be an issue for Salicylate people too and are things like cheese ,chocolate, and browned meats ,sauces anything tasty, I know that corn is very high in Salicylates ,anyway if this is anyway of help i hope you find some peace and Im sending you Love and encouragement.............
Old 19-04-2015, 12:06 AM
Master

Miss Hepburn how are you doing? There is corn in a simple can of tomatoes. It's called citric acid which is derived from corn in the US. Even fresh fruits and vegetables are sprayed with a corn derivative so it will arrive at the peak of ripeness. And grass fed meats are sprayed with the corn based antibacterial so it will pass USDA inspection.

And it can be in natural flavoring because corn is considered to be a natural food.

I always thought gluten was bad but corn is 10 times worse.

And yes, I can only eat grass fed beef that does not have the little soaker pad under it to soak up excess liquids. Ah but then, sometimes the trays the meat are on are made of corn and the cellophane is sometimes made of corn.

Sorry I didn't know you had posted before. Regarding your Aflatoxin. No I did not know that. I'll have to research that. Thanks!

Deepsoul, Saggi suggested Salicylates. Very interesting information.
Old 19-04-2015, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Miss Hepburn how are you doing? There is corn in a simple can of tomatoes. It's called citric acid which is derived from corn in the US. Even fresh fruits and vegetables are sprayed with a corn derivative so it will arrive at the peak of ripeness. And grass fed meats are sprayed with the corn based antibacterial so it will pass USDA inspection.

And it can be in natural flavoring because corn is considered to be a natural food.

I always thought gluten was bad but corn is 10 times worse.

And yes, I can only eat grass fed beef that does not have the little soaker pad under it to soak up excess liquids. Ah but then, sometimes the trays the meat are on are made of corn and the cellophane is sometimes made of corn.

Sorry I didn't know you had posted before. Regarding your Aflatoxin. No I did not know that. I'll have to research that. Thanks!

Deepsoul, Saggi suggested Salicylates. Very interesting information.
What!? Sounds like everything is sprayed!!!
You sure do know a lot!
But, YIKES!!!

Do you ever read or watch Doug Kaufman! "Know The Cause"
Hear what he has to say about corn!!!

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-04-2015, 03:00 PM
Master

Hi Miss Hepburn. Yes, I had to do the research and dig for the answers because I was (and still am) getting reactions from the corn. And though I thought I was corn free, I wasn't. It's gotten so bad (my sensitivity) I cannot eat corn feed beef or pork. But I'm not complaining. Knowledge is freedom.

Doug Kaufman. Just looked him up. The founder of Know the Cause. I'm putting this link here for me so I can come back and watch it later when I have more time. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/user/DougKaufmann
Old 19-04-2015, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Hi Miss Hepburn. Yes, I had to do the research and dig for the answers because I was (and still am) getting reactions from the corn. And though I thought I was corn free, I wasn't. It's gotten so bad (my sensitivity) I cannot eat corn feed beef or pork. But I'm not complaining. Knowledge is freedom.

Doug Kaufman. Just looked him up. The founder of Know the Cause. I'm putting this link here for me so I can come back and watch it later when I have more time. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/user/DougKaufmann
Good! This man is the No 1 'go-to' guy on grains, beef, molds, myotoxins....inflammation,
cancer causes, fatique, mind fog, rashes...

(I can't eat pork or any other bottom feeder anymore....just sayin'.
Had a lifetime of lovin 'em, tho!
My immune system is so much better... no sneezing allergies anymore,
maybe why I can eat corn with no problem.)

Then you have Jordan Rubin, a Messianic Jew, with old enormous health issues, all cured
with diet...you do what he says
and bazinga...in 5 days you will feel the difference...he has so many things to do...one being
the 10 Day Daniel Diet.
His Youtube , no one else's, is the one to watch so you don't have to buy the book.
'Sorry Jordan...you spelled it all out on the youtube speaking to that church in Jupiter, FL'

Old 19-04-2015, 10:02 PM
Master
Dear Linen ,just wondering if you looked into the Salicylate thing ,I suffered for years before I was diagnosed, and I have Amines as well so finding food that dosent hurt is a challenge, I sorta gave up for a while in a way and was on a very sickly diet but had no pain, but was killing myself with unhealthy food ,all foods are made of many different compoounds so the low levels of Sals in some foods may not be ones only problem as I would try and try again only to realise that it would be because of another compound in the food for example cabbage ,brusselsprouts,spring onions,garlic have god knows something that flogs me, potatos have glycoalkoloids that can burst ones mitochondria no seriously ,the humble potato is actually a neuro toxin. I dont want to spin you out just trying to help mines all been lots of trial and error,anyway you should be able to find plenty of info on the net ,general doctors dont have much knowledge of it ,its challenging but life must go on ,in fact I want to live and love and be happy because deep down in my heart Ive always believed this so if there are any other unknown negative beliefs I face them bravely and let them know that they are no longer a part of my belief system and to be gone in Jesus' name. anyway its said most disease has a spiritual ,emotional cause so working at it from all levels ...Good luck and God bless