Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 01:37 AM
iclubseals

whats the point?

ive been thinkin recently more and more what is the point of everythin what does it all mean (cant really get much deeper that this)
why does everyone make so much effort to live life when at the end of the day the pawn and the king go back in the same box, so to speak.

i dont know what happens when we die (way too many theorys) and to be honest i dont know how other people can know.

thanx ste
Old 12-07-2006, 10:04 PM
Klumsy

I think that same thought every single day! Especially now that I have a job, it really IS pointless. The conclusion I've come to is that we aren't living, none of us. This isn't the way we were meant to live therefore we aren't.

Real complicated question mate, message me if you want to hear more about my ideas about this.
Old 13-07-2006, 10:59 PM
iclubseals

hey

i really agree i think we have gone beyond what were supposed to do i think the goal set for us has gone an we're all waiting to die off theres nothing left for us to do.
but the idea of god which is in every religion has to have come from somewhere it cant just have been made up something it had to at very least set it up by somethin?

dont know what it all means but hopefully we will all find out soon

ste
Old 14-07-2006, 01:11 AM
tiltjlp

Your profiles say you're both 17, and one of you mentions hanging out drinking. Why not get out and discover what nature and life is all about rather than hold pity parties?

I'll be 60 in December, just started my own forum, and look forward to life's surprises every day. I was bad when I was 17 too, but not as bad as you two. Just a hint; nobody owes you anything, and nobody wants to hear you whine. Not trying to be harsh, just trying to help you face reality.

John
Old 14-07-2006, 02:15 AM
Pounamu

Hi John, hi iclubseals, hi klumsy,

I agree with you, John, that our two friends here would benefit by getting into Nature more. And I also feel that these two are facing a reality - the reality that they find life pointless and don't know why they're here; and they know that's not satisfactory and are telling us about it - I don't look upon it as whining, but as "feedback".

The other day I came across a story (as far as I know, based on truth), which tells of a young girl called "Anastasia", who is of ancient Russian lineages and lives in the Siberian forests, the Taiga. An entrepreneur from Moscow went to the region looking for someone who could tell him the secret of preparing pine-nut oil as a healing aid; and he met Anastasia on this trip.
She so impressed him by her wisdom and how she was living her life in harmony with Nature, that he forsook his business and spent his days writing several books about his talks and observations with Anastasia - and these books are taking the Russian people (and many others world-wide) by storm.

I think if our two friends above were to get copies of the first book at least, called "Anastasia", they might get some idea of the potential and purpose of what it is to be a human...

The website to explore is:
http://www.spaceoflove.com
and you will find some extracts from the books, artwork, and a place where you can order with a credit card or through PayPal.

My heart tells me that the way described is true for me, maybe it is true for you guys as well... have a look and see!

Cheers,
Pounamu
Old 14-07-2006, 07:11 AM
tiltjlp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pounamu
I also feel that these two are facing a reality - the reality that they find life pointless

I have no doubt Pounamu, but I believe that reality is whatever you perceive it to be. So they don't have to spend their lives soaking up the suds and wondering why their lives aren't peachy keen. They alone hold their destinies.

John
Old 14-07-2006, 11:05 PM
iclubseals

hey

i think youve got me all wrong i dont mean to whine if thats what it sounded like i do actually enjoy life a lot of the time yeah it gets you down sometime but i have a laugh with my mates we dont always drink but still have fun, i was just lookin for sort of an explanation although readin my first entry it does sound a bit ranty

i was prob on a bit of a downer.

but i think there are days you wake up an just cant be botherd.

in school i didnt even wanna wake up cos i had nothin in the day to look forward to i didnt really have friends an i used to get bullied not lookin for sympathy but just trying to say it was hard an its probably why i think the way i do

ste
Old 14-07-2006, 11:27 PM
tiltjlp

I can barely remember when I was 17, but I do remember that I saw life and school as challenges, and as I've said, I was never bored. I'm just guessing but maybe you're looking to be entertained. Instead, I'd suggest you look for challenges, which can make life more of an adventure.

For starters, and keep in mine I'm a writer and editor, challenge yourself to learn and use proper spelling, word usage, grammar, and Capitalization. Then challenge to learn something new every day, to be smarter, more thoughtful and reflective, and more successful than your friends.

You might not think any of that is FUN, but instead boring. But if you did all that, you'd eventually be able to find work that you enjoy every day, as I do. And since you can't get out of a life time of work, you might as well enjoy your work and be paid well for it. The best part is spending the decent wage you enjoy earning.

I must seem pre-historic to you, but I have enjoyed practically every day of my life, and haven't been bored. Why? I use my God-given brain to challenge myself, and make life enjoyable. Give it some thought, this old codger might just know a thing or two.

John

Last edited by tiltjlp : 12-09-2006 at 09:40 AM.
Old 27-08-2006, 11:40 PM
Deactivated Account
surely life is what you make it? very few of us are handed everything on a silver platter and of those who are, are they truly happy? if you want happiness and fulfilment you've got to get out there and find it
just my opinion
Old 12-09-2006, 09:28 AM
eternity

Hello Iclubseals,
Humans are here to learn.Planet earth is a school.
There is no death only continued life in different forms of faster and faster vibration.
Meditation is the fastest way of getting answers that will help you.
You are here at this moment for a reason.
As humans you have the ability to tune in to the greatest intellilgence in the entire universe.
All human souls will one day return to Paramatman when they are ready and have completed the mission.
Light and grace.
Eternity.
Closed Thread