Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 16-04-2011, 05:52 AM
Knower

Hi Lilly,

I agree with many aspects of the posts before mine, but the I agree mostly with that I am not afraid to be 'dead', what I am most afraid of is the process of dying. I understand the difference there.

Plenty of people worry about the same exact thing as you, and really I don't think there is an answer to give you unless the answer is a part of your belief system. We all have our own opinions about heaven/hell, good/bad, afterlife vs nothing. Find something to believe in and go with it. 'Death' may be the unknown to you, but to one person it's positive eternal heaven and to the other it's recycled energy and to the next it's over and done with.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but just know that the are other good people just like you who think about the same issues.

I think at some point we all want our mothers to hold us and tell us it's going to be okay, but we can't do that, so we learn to tell ourselves what we need to know. If you believe that something will carry over into your next life than it probably will.
Old 16-04-2011, 03:41 PM
breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyj
i have studied near death experiences and they are fasinating but still they are all so different it still the unknown that your entering when you die and i would love to believe you are held and guided and that everything that happens to you in this life and beyond is for your highest good but i dont trust that i have a hard time trusting anything!
i think there are dark forces as well as good how can you be sure nothing bad will happen does anyone else worry like i do? after all no one really knows anything do we ?
Its the not knowing that gets me the most i've felt unprotected all my life and bad things have happened to me i am really like a disturbed child living in an adults body with no mother to comfort me and make it ok since this is my life state it will probally carry over and maybe be amplified in my afterlife state

I understand the belief in dark forces, and that is acceptable.

I don't believe in telling you experiences, i believe in teaching you to get them for yourself, so here you go.

but here, human beings are perfectly fine. close your eyelids half way for me and start to breath in just your nose - calmly like you're trying not to disturb a candle's flame that's right in front of you. and listen to this for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9ZfiUdnPLM&NR=1

when you're calm I want you to follow the next instructions.

- where in your body do you feel your self being?

- move that self into your right hand and look at it, feel your hand looking back at you with your center.

to know what it feels like to be dead and to die, slowly move your center into everything simultaniously, as slow as you want. move it into the floor you're standing on. and spread it out.

just now, your eyes and your ears create the picture that yourself is between them. but when you are no longer there's exclusively, you are the entire universe.

the stronger you get this feeling, you will probably come to realize that death feels very good.

I hope this helps.
Old 16-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Knower

Thanks for all the posts everyone had something interesting to say they all helped in some way
part of the reason i worry so much is i have a serious illness that will kill me one day and i had a premonition i would die when i was 35 i am 32 now
its funny alot of other people said they where scared of not existing this is what i believe peace is
to my mind for your energy to become everything part of everything else just like your body will
and for all awarness and being to stop this is what i would like death to be if it was this i wouldnt be afraid at all i would look forward to it but because of NDE's (reading about them) i believe its possable for there to be more and thats the thing that is frightening

i had an experience of nearly dying years ago not a NDE but the bit before that i was blissfully peaceful aware of my smallness and connectedness to everything all the universe was one and love was at the centre i felt my spirit trying to leave my body by my right side and then it all stopped and i was normal again
in this experience
i felt i would not be me anymore after i left my body i believed i was returning to the source but that it was and abstract thing not anything you could name just pure energy i studied alot of buddhism then

its funny that i should of had this beautiful experience and all these years later be afraid its like i have gone backwards spiritually
Old 16-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Knower

i also wanted to be clear i am not really afraid of dying the process itself i think it im afraid of where i will end up afterwards where i will go to
to me dying is just a passing state the afterlife is eternal
although saying that i wouldnt like a long drawn out painful death but who would!
Old 16-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Experiencer
I think it's a very normal part of being human to fear death, or dying, or both. It is normal to fear the unknown.

I used to fear death. I had no spiritual belief for most of my life but the idea of not existing was extremely disturbing to me, and I had no basis for any reassurance on the matter.

Unfortunately I think we can only alleviate these fears through things we experience personally, and we have to follow our own spiritual journey. I am fortunate now to have an amazing relationship with the spirit world and with spirit guides who are perfectly happy to talk to me all day about the nature of spirit, their own experiences passing from this world to the next, and even previous experiences I have had myself of same, though I do not remember them. I have been exposed to an incredible, boundless environment of wisdom and love and am utterly breathtaken, awed and humbled by it. I know my mind did not create it - partly because I have had more than enough little "coincidences" in my life proving to me the validity of this communication, and partly because the spirit world is far too magnificent a thing for me to have created it!

It is not something I can offer evidence of to another person, only an honest account of my own experiences. We each need to find that for ourselves. But please don't live in fear. There is a greater meaning to everything we experience than any of us can imagine.
Old 16-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Master
Negative. Death = not scary.
Old 17-04-2011, 01:23 AM
Master
now that i know one exists yup! i don't want to be suckered into reincarnating
Old 17-04-2011, 06:46 PM
HBuck72

I think if you come to terms with this life, and grow in spiritual development, that you have nothing to fear when death comes. By connecting to positive energy in this life, you will be drawn to positive energy in the next life.

Also, as a variant of Pascal's wager, if you leave a positive and spiritually developed life in this realm, and if there is no other realm after death, you will at least have lived a fulfilled and happy life.

I do not fear death, because I am comfortable and happy in this life, and I know that death is coming at some point. I may die when I am 90, or I could die in a car wreck tomorrow on the way to work. However, since I feel that I have tried to be as positive as possible, and do good to others, in this life that if there is an afterlife I will have a positive one, and if there is no afterlife, then I lived a good life while alive.
Old 17-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Pathfinder

I believe if I live a good and honest life, I will have nothing to fear. I just don't want to cross over until I meet my great-great grandchildren!
Old 19-04-2011, 05:30 AM
Celeste

I was brought up Catholic, and I don't always practice Catholicism, because I am more spiritual than religious, and I have my conflicts with it. Sometimes I have my doubts and wonder if I don't become one with the Catholic faith (I feel that I can't do all that they ask) I certainly won't then go to heaven. And that thought is unsettling. I mean, you can't be what you're not. Before my mom passed, she asked me if, when I died, I was going to be buried in the Catholic faith. I said I don't know, but her words kind of haunt me, now. So sometimes I wonder if I am gonna just be a floating being, in a limbo.

I am compassionate and giving, but some of the religions say you won't get to heaven on good works alone. And I believe in Christ, but mostly I go straight to God. So, if it is true you can't get to heaven except through His son, that you can't unless you have a "personal relation with Jesus," you won't go to heaven, then I feel left out. So, yes, sometimes I fear the afterlife. Sometimes I feel I am at peace and ready to go when God calls me, ant then other times I feel like I'm not. We all have to face it someday, or maybe we won't.