Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 26-01-2019, 04:24 PM
Master

Shivani, here we go again. It's funny. Gem says consult a dietitian.

When I was in the hospital about 5 years ago with a c-diff bacteria infection for 3 days , having a gluten and corn intolerance (it can kill me if I get to much of it) the 'dietitian' on staff, at the hospital put me on a clear diet. Chicken broth, jello, etc. All of which has, you guessed it, corn in it.

So I'd throw Gem's advice out the window if I were you.

They are all just trying to be helpful, really, but they are ignorant of what we have to steer clear of. And how we address our problems.

We are our own best advocate. I do understand your detox to get the impurities out of your system. Personally, I don't detox. But that's just me. I know of people who do and rave about the results.

And if your potato dish works for you go for it! Remember only about 10% of the people here actually post. The rest are lurkers and read and learn. So someone might find your recipe useful but you will never know it.

Yep! We are best buds now.
Old 26-01-2019, 10:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Thank you Gem.

I understand NOW that I should have posted this in the Ayurveda section instead. Maybe I shall ask a moderator to move it, before my simple recipe deeply offends anybody else.

It sounds like a great mash.

Quote:
Oh well, we live and learn from the mistake of posting something in the wrong place...I may even reactivate my "MySpace" thread and put this kind of stuff there instead, so only those who are meant to see it will do so.

Ayurveda diet is probably a good idea. My niece went to an Ayurveda Doctor for her chronic fatigue (It's not like she just read the internet and started calling her lentils "Ayurveda")

Have you seen an Ayurveda Doctor?
Old 26-01-2019, 10:11 PM
Master
https://youtu.be/v4jBd4fArfQ

"Kindly let me help you, or you will drown" said the monkey putting the fish safely up a tree" - Alan Watts
Old 26-01-2019, 10:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It sounds like a great mash.

Ayurveda diet is probably a good idea. My niece went to an Ayurveda Doctor for her chronic fatigue (It's not like she just read the internet and started calling her lentils "Ayurveda")

Have you seen an Ayurveda Doctor?
There is no qualified Ayurvedic practitioner in my area...I could tell you that I have studied it for years myself, but then again, you will criticise, judge and admonish me for not having that piece of paper to my name won't you? So I await your condemning scorn... don't disappoint me now... you're doing a great job so far.
Old 26-01-2019, 10:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Shivani, here we go again. It's funny. Gem says consult a dietitian.

When I was in the hospital about 5 years ago with a c-diff bacteria infection for 3 days , having a gluten and corn intolerance (it can kill me if I get to much of it) the 'dietitian' on staff, at the hospital put me on a clear diet. Chicken broth, jello, etc. All of which has, you guessed it, corn in it.

So I'd throw Gem's advice out the window if I were you.

They are all just trying to be helpful, really, but they are ignorant of what we have to steer clear of. And how we address our problems.

We are our own best advocate. I do understand your detox to get the impurities out of your system. Personally, I don't detox. But that's just me. I know of people who do and rave about the results.

And if your potato dish works for you go for it! Remember only about 10% of the people here actually post. The rest are lurkers and read and learn. So someone might find your recipe useful but you will never know it.

Yep! We are best buds now.

Dietitian that prescribes Jello? That's got to be the worst dietitian in the universe, but how does chicken broth contain corn? Did they get it out of a packet?

There's nothing wrong with the potato mash, and I'd have seconds, but it's a meal or maybe part of a meal. It is nutritious but it isn't a full diet.
Old 26-01-2019, 10:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Shivani, here we go again.

Id throw Gem's advice out the window if I were you.

We are our own best advocate..
Thank you, my dear.

In the end though, one is basically forced to shut up (against their will) and not speak at all, isn't it...If, of course, they are doing the whole "spiritual trip".

If not, they can get to say "it's a free world and I can do whatever the hell I want, so if you want to criticise and condemn my lifestyle choices, you can just eff off out of my thread NOW".

I think I know which one of these I prefer and why it is I can never be humble...On the whole, I just hate people way too much...and "spiritual people" in particular.

..but of course, we are pals, because we actually share a lived experience.

...and of course, the potato dish is ONLY FOR ME. I have been thinking lately about keeping stuff to myself, simply because others don't DESERVE to know!...but you are right, only 10℅ of people actually post on this site....others just lurk and wouldn't be caught dead getting involved in threads like this one..

Who knows? In fifty years or so.. somebody may find this forum...find this thread and actually try it out for themselves! I post it for THEM and not the current members on SF.
Old 26-01-2019, 10:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
There is no qualified Ayurvedic practitioner in my area...I could tell you that I have studied it for years myself, but then again, you will criticise, judge and admonish me for not having that piece of paper to my name won't you? So I await your condemning scorn... don't disappoint me now... you're doing a great job so far.

You say you have problems with different sorts of food, so I say you need to see a dietitian, you don't like it. Then you say you are inclined to Ayurveda, so I say seeing an Ayurveda doctor might be a good idea. You then say there is none in your town so you can't. If you really want the help, you can see a dietitian in your area or see an Ayurveda doctor in the Gong. If you don't want to help, that's fine, but with the conditions you have described, I think professional support would be a great benefit to you.
Old 26-01-2019, 10:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
You say you have problems with different sorts of food, so I say you need to see a dietitian, you don't like it. Then you say you are inclined to Ayurveda, so I say seeing an Ayurveda doctor might be a good idea. You then say there is none in your town so you can't. If you really want the help, you can see a dietitian in your area or see an Ayurveda doctor in the Gong. If you don't want to help, that's fine, but with the conditions you have described, I think professional support would be a great benefit to you.
You also said that one does not just look online and call their lentils "Ayurveda" - passive-agressive much? I can see through this Gem..I am not stupid. Maybe if you just said what you have posted NOW as a "justification" at the very outset and said it just like that, without the little pokes and snide remarks, there would have been no problem here.

I am done with this thread anyway...posted the recipe, did what I had to do..Now excuse me while I go and update my ignore list.
Old 26-01-2019, 11:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Dietitian that prescribes Jello? That's got to be the worst dietitian in the universe, but how does chicken broth contain corn? Did they get it out of a packet?

There's nothing wrong with the potato mash, and I'd have seconds, but it's a meal or maybe part of a meal. It is nutritious but it isn't a full diet.

You know nothing apparently even though I sent you a link to an article regarding corn in another thread.

Caramel coloring, ascetic acid, artificial flavorings, ascorbic acid, calcium citrate, calcium fumarate, calcium gluconate, calcium lactate, calcium magnesium acetate, calcium stearate, microcrystaline cellulose, citric acid, confectioners sugar, brown sugarcrystalline dextrose, crystalline frutose, dextrose, ethanol, flavorings, fructose, glucosamine, glycerin, hydrolyzed vegetable protein are common ingredients on the back of labels. Actually that is about a third of the ingredients included in any canned or processed food. Meats are acid washed with a horrible conglomeration of chemicals which also includes corn, all cleaning products contain corn, all medications contain corn, hair products, face products, lotions all contain corn. Oh and lets not forget regular table salt.

Okay, lets see, I looked up chicken broth. Swansons is a popular brand. It's a liquid that comes in a box. I have highlighted the corny ingredients: CHICKEN STOCK, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF: SALT, YEAST EXTRACT (questionable), WATER, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, FLAVORING, CHICKEN FAT**, DEHYDRATED CHICKEN BROTH.

I'd end up in the hospital if I consumed this product.

I've had doctors who know nothing about my food allergies. They prescribe this and that. Tests where I have to swallow corny ingredients to do the test. Medications that I don't even bother to fill because they use corn starch as a binding agent in all pills and corn syrup in liquid medications. Over the counter aids such as decongestants, pain medication, stomach aids, all have corn in them.

Those of us who have severe allergies are our own best advocate.

Do you think a hospital would hire a dietitian that was not qualified? A hospital? And yes, broth and jello are on the standard list of a clear liquid diet foods. Everywhere here in the United States will prescribe jello in a clear liquid diet.

There are a handful of dietitians in the whole state of Colorado and dietitians too that are knowledgeable about what is actually in our food because they are not taught to read labels.

The fact that you did not know there were corn ingredients in broth, any kind of broth, tells me you don't real labels, thus you don't even know what you are eating.
Old 26-01-2019, 11:41 PM
Master

I looked up Pacific Low Sodium Organic Beef Broth. Again I have highlighted the corn ingredients: WATER, BEEF*, CANE SUGAR*, ONION POWDER*, YEAST EXTRACT (questionable), GARLIC POWDER*, CARAMEL COLOR*, BLACK PEPPER*.*ORGANIC