Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 27-05-2014, 09:12 PM
Experiencer
Greeting to you All,

"Ooooooooooh this is lovely. I just need a cocktail and long swishy dress."

So said Squatchit. And I couldn't agree more ...... but

We're not interested in alcohol, and I'm sure my wife of 47 years marriage wouldn't approve of me in a cocktail dress. But I'm so glad you didn't mention cigarettes.

JOHNTY
Old 29-05-2014, 05:22 PM
Master
The character Chris Stevens from Northern Exposure referenced Mozart's death on the last episode I watched, after a search I learned he died at 35 and that the cause of his death is still a mystery. Some say a jealous rival/contemporary composer poisoned him, but b/c no autopsy was done it remains very much up in the air b/t poisoning, sickness of various sorts or an accident.

Not too well versed in classical I must admit, I do like Chopin, Wagner and some others and know probably the basics of Mozart, but the ^ article suggested a freemasonry connection with 'The Magic Flute', so curious I looked it up on youtube and find it quite enjoyable listening. The story itself for the opera is fascinating to me.

The Magic Flute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et27CpqBvBE

Play
https://archive.org/details/magicflutediezau00moza

I've always been interested as well in the healing properties of sound and music, it would be interesting to me to see what research says regarding this. How would you measure it, according to what definitions, etc. but I digress.
Old 29-05-2014, 05:35 PM
Master
The Magic flute, also a staple item in many video game character inventories. In Zelda for example it allows you to skip levels I believe.