Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 13-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Enya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
I say that Spiritualism is (or could be or should be) a religion.

Spiritualism *is* a registered religion in the UK.
Old 13-12-2011, 04:44 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya

quite - I wonder how many times it has to be said? ad infinitum, perhaps.....
Old 13-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Enya

Possibly, Mac!! Repeat after me... Spiritualism is a registered, recognised religion in the UK. Spiritualism is a registered, recognised religion in the UK. Spiritualism is a registered, recognised religion in the UK. Spiritualism is a registered, recognised religion in the UK. Spiritualism is a registered, recognised religion in the UK. Spiritualism is a registered, recognised religion in the UK. spiritualism is a registered, recognised religion in the UK.....

Heck, it's even on the BBC religions page!
Old 13-12-2011, 08:32 PM
mac

Quote:
Possibly, Mac!! Repeat after me... Spiritualism is a registered, recognised religion in the UK. Spiritualism is a registered, recognised religion in the UK. Spiritualism is a registered, recognised religion in the UK. Spiritualism is a registered, recognised religion in the UK. Spiritualism is a registered, recognised religion in the UK. Spiritualism is a registered, recognised religion in the UK. spiritualism is a registered, recognised religion in the UK.....

Heck, it's even on the BBC religions page!

It's hard to figure a way to make things any more simple....It's not only in the UK either but let's not complicate things.

Perhaps it's because there are so many misunderstandings about Spiritualism vs spirituality that folks just can't accept that the former is a religion and the latter is something else altogether?

But we'll just have to bash on, eh - keep saying the same old stuff and hope it'll eventually stick.
Old 13-12-2011, 09:17 PM
deepsea

Awh,that's not nice.
Old 13-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Enya

How so, Deepsea?
Old 13-12-2011, 10:07 PM
deepsea

Are we that thick?
Just joking,Enya.
Old 13-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Enya

Oh, duh. Yes, we *are* that thick... (using the royal 'we' here...)
Old 14-12-2011, 03:28 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
But didn't someone say that this is based on a convenient lie so that they can perform marriages, etc? Does this only apply the the USA?
Are the UK spiritualist honest and the USA ones are not?
Old 14-12-2011, 07:40 AM
MMM

'honest'? what do you mean by that?
Spiritualism is a religion in the usa - google 'national association of spiritualist churches'
spiritualist churches perform marriages , etc in the usa
honestly, any more research i do for this thread and i'll submit a bill.
thick? No, duncical, perhaps?