Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 02:36 AM
Master
AC, like I mentioned before, often I've had to step out of myself for a bit and to take a look at my own actions, behaviors, thought patterns, the way I had been thinking in general or my beliefs. I think it would behoove anyone from time to time to do this. It expands one's self, at least for me it does. It doesn't necessarily mean that I'm going to think "wow, yes, I see what they mean ~I do believe as they do now and will think as they do." No...when it doesn't fit for me, it doesn't fit. But sometimes I'm in for a surprise and I understand and sometimes I can actually broaden my knowledge of something.

I'm not upset. I do get dismayed with mob mentality I see frequently, which then makes me thankful I'm more of a loner and never liked to go with the flow and most often don't.

Oh, and I'm not afraid to take a look at myself and see things that need to be changed and work on them, and I'm not afraid to say you are right. I was wrong. A pet peeve of mine is with people who are afraid to do that. The ones who feel they are never wrong.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:46 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
More communication to clear up any misunderstanding could resolve these kinds of communication problems, if only people would take the time to do so, without getting upset with each other before or during the process.
Yeah, I'm talking about you, Humm and Tzu.
I have chosen my 'one way', and you contradict yourself.. you say you've let it go, but you are still attached.. what is it that they say about the person who does the same thing repeatedly, but expects different results?

Now, do yourself and me a favor, set your beliefs aside temporarily.. and actually analyze that last five pages of dialogue.. i'll start with a hint.. yes, i'm yanking Humm's chain, will you have the clarity to understand why?

Be well..
Old 03-01-2012, 03:08 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hi Alternate Carpark,

Thank you for your insight.

You remind me of the balanced approach.
Mid 2000s, for 3 years I was recieving insightful aura readings froma most gifted and beautiful woman back in brizzie.
Each time she read me, she emphasized 2 things. Self love and balance.
Before I came to tazzie, I caught up with her to give her a big hug and thankyou for her crucial support duing that dark part of my journey.

She confessed that she was worried each time she read me because she kept repeating herself and thought this was not good, that perhaps she should be seeing something new for me.

I re assured here that the constant repeating of self love and balance was exactly what i needed to hear, as it had to travel far to reach it's destination. It had many wounds to heal.
She was so relieved and regained trust in her intuitive abilities.

Quote:
For I feel it is there all the time, just get caught up in the mind play to notice the heart stepping in to give some compassion to it.
Ah, well in that sense and yes, I can understand what you are saying.
I too can be locked into one mode, thus imbalance develops.
Imbalance causes one to veer off track, to fall over, stumble, feel ill, out of sync and a whole bunch of other things.

Quote:
I agree one at times needs to analyze and go through the process (the mechanics of it) to understand what is going on. But there are times I feel I get caught up in analyzing the process and knowing that it is not necessary to do so all the time. Like second guessing myself.
So, is it like this;
you know of your mind self and your intuitive (heart) self but it's that they both offer two seemingly different types of information, and when you are focused on one part, when the other chimes up it seems like, what has this got to do with the issue so you gently ignore it and stay focused on the analyzing?

Or is it like this; when you are analysing, is it the emotions that lock you in, do you worry when trying to find a solution, or that you are worried you can't yet see the solution so you up the efforts of analyzing?
A subtle fear that if you stop analyzing you will not solve the problem?

Or something along these lines.
Discovering why you are out of balance empowers you to lovingly change and regain balance.
Quote:
It's a security thing.
Ahh, ok. So then I would look at if it's an insecurity issue.
To do something to feel secure, something must make you feel insecure.
If you did not feel insecure, you would not need to do anything to feel secure because you would already be secure.

Quote:
Most of the time though I step back and take an observation of it. Then analyze what I observe and decide what action to take.

I like what you present, a balanced approach.

Thank you.

Peace to you
So, going by this, your usual mode is a balanced state, but something happens and you go off balance.
Discover what that is and your security in yourself will strengthen.
Also, and I am only sharing what happens with me, i have no idea if this is a universal phenomenon.

I am fairly inexpereinced in listening and heeding (trusting) my intuitive self.
But I have noticed that it is my intuitive self that is the master of me, not my rational mind.
And that my intuitve self will decide to do things that either my rational self will not understand or agree with,
or my conscious self is not even aware my deeper intuitive self had made a decsion.
it's only after I have experienced something strange brought about by the intuitive decision and have gained the understanding throught he experience,
that i realize my intuitive self had led me to this place for a reason I simply would not have consciously chosen to do going by the understand ing i had back then.

Meaning, with this deeper understanding of myself, thus a more secure trust im myself, I can experience things without worrying if it's the right decision or not, or wondering if i am meant to be experiencing it, especially if it's a harsh experience.

This self trust allows me to traverse places the old rational mind would simply not go.
But from each experience, the rational mind is more open, thus more progress is made.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:14 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I usually would recommend everyone suspend their beliefs, and don't worry, if they are ingrained enough they'll come back soon enough.
~smiles~ And I recommend, once they are suspended, grab a big stick and go all pinata on them.
Smash them apart, lovingly, work out what's worth keeping and chuck the rest away.
Nothing worse that lugging around a sack full of unproductive beliefs.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:19 AM
Humm

I don't have a problem when someone says 'This is my belief'. Live and let live, right?

It's funny, but I'm sure I've heard Tzu say a time or two that he doesn't like when others try to dictate to him what to think. Apparently however, it's okay for him to do - okay for him to say 'Think like me' - for whatever reason.

That's just the way I see it.

Thanks to those who don't have a problem with that.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:21 AM
Master
That's not at all what he's saying, Humm.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:30 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..
I have chosen my 'one way', and you contradict yourself.. you say you've let it go, but you are still attached.. what is it that they say about the person who does the same thing repeatedly, but expects different results?
Not attached, just choosing to use it in the discussion.
I do not have any expectations. I have no idea how any discussion will go.
Humm and you have begun communicating again, via proxy, so the issue is brought up again.
If neither of you were communicating, neither would i.
It's not that I haven't let it go, it's you both are still discussing , so am i.

Quote:
Now, do yourself and me a favor, set your beliefs aside temporarily.. and actually analyze that last five pages of dialogue.. i'll start with a hint.. yes, i'm yanking Humm's chain, will you have the clarity to understand why?
Well my first question is why yank Humm's chain when you could simply discuss the problem together?
My second question is what do you mean by yanking someone's chain?
I assume yanking someone's chain is some form of teasing or button pushing, though I am not familliar with the actual meaning, nor do I know what it means to you, hence the question.

~googles yanking someone's chain~
Ahh, then question 1 stiill stands.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:41 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
AC, like I mentioned before, often I've had to step out of myself for a bit and to take a look at my own actions, behaviors, thought patterns, the way I had been thinking in general or my beliefs. I think it would behoove anyone from time to time to do this. It expands one's self, at least for me it does.
And I totally agree with you. Problems arise when people do not do this.
And because people do this, that is it a fact of reality, how a person responds to a person who has done this is also of importance.

Yes, to see that another is causing a problem, but also what am i doing in response to this person's action that is causing a problem.
Will my actions increase or decrease the current problem.

Quote:
I'm not upset. I do get dismayed with mob mentality I see frequently, which then makes me thankful I'm more of a loner and never liked to go with the flow and most often don't.
But isn't 'dismayed' being upset.

Quote:
Oh, and I'm not afraid to take a look at myself and see things that need to be changed and work on them, and I'm not afraid to say you are right. I was wrong. A pet peeve of mine is with people who are afraid to do that. The ones who feel they are never wrong.

I don't get peeved with people's imperfections. I am now able to compassionately help.
I step back, am not affected, and I look to see why they are troubled and try to help them see the source of their trouble.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:56 AM
Master
Quote:
And because people do this, that is it a fact of reality, how a person responds to a person who has done this is also of importance.

Yes, to see that another is causing a problem, but also what am i doing in response to this person's action that is causing a problem.

I don't get peeved with people's imperfections. I am now able to compassionately help.
I step back, am not affected, and I look to see why they are troubled and try to help them see the source of their trouble.

Maybe your perception of what is problematic is not accurate. How would you ascertain such a thing?
Old 03-01-2012, 04:22 AM
Master
Quote:

Yes, it helps when two people can communicate and even if there are differences of opinions can accept it and move on without bad feelings.

Alright, I suppose dismayed is a form of upset, but I'm not sitting here wringing my hands, its' more of a sigh and then I go back to what I am doing... I feel less than enthusiastic and a disillusioned. I think you may be nitpicking a bit, aren't you? Im thinking of a documentary on Socrates I watched last night, and he likened people to being like sheep having this need to follow. I see that pattern here as well.

I get peeved when it happens over and over and over and I see it happen in so many instances. It's disheartening. Yes, we all have imperfections but you know, not everyone wants help..compassionately or otherwise, I have found that out when trying to help others. Not everyone wants help or change, and that's because they don't feel they need it....even if others believe they do.
Closed Thread