Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 28-06-2011, 06:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicOrin
Oh, interesting. :) Defiantly not surprised with Isis, her followers became widespread, and flowed out of Egypt.
WoW that interesting also, maybe the story of Moses was taken from there. ?.
Old 28-06-2011, 07:09 AM
AngelicOrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
WoW that interesting also, maybe the story of Moses was taken from there. ?.

Maybe, even though I would like to think that the story of Moses was real...where the Hebrews escaped from Egypt.
Old 28-06-2011, 07:27 AM
Master
The story of the infant Moses being set adrift in a basket bears remarkable similarities to an old Babylonian myth about a great King called Sargon who was discovered as a baby in a basket in a river.

Between 600 and 300 BCE, Jewish scribes in Jerusalem set out to record all the old tales of their people, handed down from generation to generation. What if the scribes had wanted to add a bit of spice to their tales to make them more interesting? Could they have used the myth of Sargon and made up the tale of Moses? It's certainly possible as we know the Jews were captured by the Babylonians in 587 BCE and held in exile in Babylon (modern Iraq) for some time. They could have picked up the Sargon legend there.
Old 28-06-2011, 08:02 AM
AngelicOrin

Quite possible :) Interesting too~ But I still wonder if there was a similar event to the escape from Egypt.
Old 28-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicOrin
Quite possible :) Interesting too~ But I still wonder if there was a similar event to the escape from Egypt.
Well actually there is nothing recorded by the Egyptians about any such Exodus, I just don't think it happened, its just a myth with a spiritual meaning woven within it.
Old 28-06-2011, 08:15 AM
AngelicOrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Well actually there is nothing recorded by the Egyptians about any such Exodus, I just don't think it happened, its just a myth with a spiritual meaning woven within it.

They never did record, publicly anyway, about any loss/defeat. But yeah, atm it is just a story.
Old 28-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Master
"It's certainly possible as we know the Jews were captured by the Babylonians in 587 BCE and held in exile in Babylon (modern Iraq) for some time."

Just out of curiosity but is there any record or mention of these "jews". I am thinking that the "jews" were not a homogeneous people but tribal. Do you think an entire people were subject to capture or maybe just the odd tribe or two ?
Old 28-06-2011, 09:20 AM
AngelicOrin

my understanding is that back then the Jewish population were referred to as Hebrews.
Old 28-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
"It's certainly possible as we know the Jews were captured by the Babylonians in 587 BCE and held in exile in Babylon (modern Iraq) for some time."

Just out of curiosity but is there any record or mention of these "jews". I am thinking that the "jews" were not a homogeneous people but tribal. Do you think an entire people were subject to capture or maybe just the odd tribe or two ?
Maybe a tribe or two, but then maybe a significant tribe that produced the scriptures that has the story woven within it.
Old 28-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Master
Maybe we, in modern times. get bamboozled over numbers. I am thinking that population numbers in the world in general would be rather low. So, maybe, the "Jews" would only amount to a few hundred or less.