Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 07-04-2019, 06:40 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
No he did not...he created us and gave us free will to practice with love only.

And he also created the one & only great law of "REAP AS ONE SOWS" to deal with those that use their free will for unloving reasons.

& to reward those that practice loving behaviour.

Due to that great law, loving people grow exponentially more abundant, loving & radiant...and unloving people grow exponentially more depleted in abundance and radiance.

I was responding to the OP. And yes there is free will as the creator does not operate by force. I have no idea how dealing with karma goes after we leave here because its not up to me.

And generally, Id consider your assumptions wrong as there was a light for a time, but things are darker than they ever been. Just honestly read a newspaper. Thanks.
Old 07-04-2019, 06:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalinikid
I was responding to the OP. And yes there is free will as the creator does not operate by force. I have no idea how dealing with karma goes after we leave here because its not up to me.

And generally, Id consider your assumptions wrong as there was a light for a time, but things are darker than they ever been. Just honestly read a newspaper. Thanks.

Nail on the head, with respect to the behavior of humanity.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 07-04-2019, 06:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus
slayer of light-is it God who sends people to hell(they have free will) or is the person sent to hell bc they choose to reject Jesus Christ?

So, the question is... "Why would anyone do that"?
Quite apparently W.P., the issues of predestination, and the elect, come to the fore.
Do you think?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 07-04-2019, 07:54 AM
Experiencer

predestination and the elect-Ive often wondered if it simply is that our God who is all-knowing-knew the outcome of each persons life-
Old 07-04-2019, 08:05 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus
slayer of light-is it God who sends people to hell(they have free will) or is the person sent to hell bc they choose to reject Jesus Christ?

Heard the same ** story from fundamentalists over a billion times by now... No one WANTS or CHOOSES to go to hell. A lot of people simply don't believe in Christ and the bible because of a lack of scientific evidence, not that they ''reject'' Christ. How can you reject someone if you don't believe in him? But if this nazi-god of yours finds that good enough of a reason to send people to hell then he deserves no love.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:21 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Nail on the head, with respect to the behavior of humanity.

Oh thanks....

There's also the additional point to be made with respect to scriptural accuracy given what forum this is.

Namely battle of the flesh vs. spirit dynamic. Also, to love the world vs. loving God. Do your own research as their are countless references to these two aspects.

Also, one counter point to be made to the simplistic notion of love, love, love....

Chew on this:
"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple."

I'm not saying I have the full interpretation here. I'd like to think it means the contempt perhaps one should have for those who just go along to get along so to speak. To pray and hope for your enemy (love) is not the same as tolerating their TRANSGRESSION and LAZINESS.

What I'm getting at here is to take what I just said and compare to what is written:
"It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

"I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth."
Old 07-04-2019, 09:18 AM
Suspended

Chew on this:
"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple."

is a classic example of how Scripture can challenge us to dig deeper and find new levels and layers of meaning.

if Christianity has to divide even our family members than so be it. Serve God first and foremost. Ideally though family unity is important too.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Chew on this:

is a classic example of how Scripture can challenge us to dig deeper and find new levels and layers of meaning.

if Christianity has to divide even our family members than so be it. Serve God first and foremost. Ideally though family unity is important too.

In ancient times, however, the term “hate” was frequently employed idiomatically to denote simply the preference of one thing over another. For example, in Genesis 29:31 it is said that Jacob “hated” his wife Leah, and yet, the context makes it very clear that he merely loved his other wife Rachel “more than” Leah (v. 30).

It means that we need to get our priorities right.... Jesus would never condone ' Hate '.
Old 07-04-2019, 12:22 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
In ancient times, however, the term “hate” was frequently employed idiomatically to denote simply the preference of one thing over another. For example, in Genesis 29:31 it is said that Jacob “hated” his wife Leah, and yet, the context makes it very clear that he merely loved his other wife Rachel “more than” Leah (v. 30).

It means that we need to get our priorities right.... Jesus would never condone ' Hate '.

we can agree to disagree, but...

"Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good."

"The boastful shall not stand before your eyes; you hate all evildoers.
Through your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way."

or this little gem:
"And the wisdom of the Lord of Spirits hath revealed him to the holy and righteous For he hath preserved the lot of the righteous,
Because they have hated and despised this world of unrighteousness,
and have hated all its works and ways in the name of the Lord of Spirits:
For in his name they are saved,
And according to his good pleasure hath it been in regard to their life."

there are many many...many more.
Old 07-04-2019, 01:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalinikid
we can agree to disagree, but...

"Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good."

"The boastful shall not stand before your eyes; you hate all evildoers.
Through your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way."

or this little gem:
"And the wisdom of the Lord of Spirits hath revealed him to the holy and righteous For he hath preserved the lot of the righteous,
Because they have hated and despised this world of unrighteousness,
and have hated all its works and ways in the name of the Lord of Spirits:
For in his name they are saved,
And according to his good pleasure hath it been in regard to their life."

there are many many...many more.

Yes let's agree to disagree
I don't believe in evil...