Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 03-04-2013, 03:06 AM
Experiencer

Seawolf, I just noticed your post above mine! I assure you, when I started all of this, I had no idea where it would end up. I certainly didn't seek it out, it sort of knocked, I said come in, and here it is. So far, it's brought me more joy, healing and love than I ever imagined. My life is more peaceful and joyous than I ever dreamed possible. I feel closer and truer to who I am inside, the me that is constant and never changes. I've had to face and release painful issues. I never would have made these changes had it not been for the knowledge and communication with my spirit guide. He's my teacher, my friend. If you'd told me a year ago that all of this would be my life now, I more than likely would have laughed in your face. But it just IS. There is more depth to this universe and I think it's ready to share.

I don't claim to have all of the answers. I've had a wonderful life, and while drugs did end up being part of it, it wasn't all of it. I have a loving family and friends and enjoy the person I am. This is all fascinating to me. I am in therapy as well, to focus on physical world healing and growth.

However the spiritual element to my life is undeniable. And I wouldn't change it for the world.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:28 PM
dreebsy

Ah trixiewilbury your story is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing some of it with me! A lot of what you say makes sense to me I'm so grateful for you replying would love to share a bit of this journey with you! How did you start talking to your spirit guide? Xx
Old 03-04-2013, 10:19 PM
Experiencer
The first ever recorded spiritual writings by a medium was carved in stone. It's called the 10 commandments. ;-)
Old 04-04-2013, 03:05 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreebsy
Ah trixiewilbury your story is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing some of it with me! A lot of what you say makes sense to me I'm so grateful for you replying would love to share a bit of this journey with you! How did you start talking to your spirit guide? Xx

It's quite a tale, Dreebsy, and I would doubt it myself if it weren't part of my daily reality! The brief tale is that he came to visit me in a dream in 2004, and I recognized him and felt so comfortable with him immediately, like he was an old friend. I never forgot him, or the dream. Well, last summer, I was talking to a friend of mine. Turns out she had mediumship abilities, and I had no idea. She nervously told me since she was afraid I would think she was nuts, or lying. But she said he was right there with her and wanted me to ask for him, in prayer, to help me spiritually. So I did. It felt very right, I had no idea really what would come of it. She said he'd start out by communicating though signs and signals..and the clues he left for me were undeniable. Trust me, I was the ultimate skeptic. If his presence hadn't been so clear to me in that dream I never would have believed it was real.

About a month later, after I'd started meditating, I started to feel different. Noticing energy moving around me, I could feel it. That's when I got nervous and got out the sage and holy water. Well, he's still here. He's never gone anywhere. He comes with me to church. I can feel his energy, his presence. He can touch me, by directing energy, and if he's got something he needs to say clearly, he makes his point. Other symptoms have started for me, like ringing ears and shifting ear pressures. I started noticing the universal energy, so beautiful, in everything I saw. There's more, and it's hard to put into words. But this is truly nothing malevolent, and it's the most amazing experience of my life.

When I freaked out the first time, because every so often, I get nervous, I contacted a local medium who wrote down that I was developing psychic abilities before I even walked through the door and said a word. I was like...oh. I had no idea.

Sometimes, this stuff just happens to people. Some people are born with it. Some seek it out. I didn't. I can tell you, that my belief in God and my faith is stronger than ever because of it. But there are also some dark spirits and energies out there, just like people. I mean, we will all lose these bodies someday and becomes spirits, right?

If you have any more questions or want to ask anything, you can do it here or PM me. I'd be happy to talk.

"The Soul Does not Love; It Is Love Itself.
It Does not Exist; It Is Existence Itself.
It Does not Know; It Is Knowledge Itself."

- PATANJALI
Old 12-07-2013, 05:42 AM
Newbie ;)

I also have been working with spirits to give messages to people. I am in no way working with anything "evil, or negative. When I bring through spirit I ask God to let me be a clear channel for messages that are for the highest and the best for all involved. I ask my guides and angels for protection and ask to be surrounded by the white light of christ. I always know that I am protected and in the loving protection and care of the infinite and so it is.
I believe that religions that tell people things like this are trying to dis-em power people from being able to fully explore there own path to truth. When you pump people full of fear, they tend to stay controlled and are more easily manipulated and told what to do and believe, instead of allowing people to go and discover for themselves what they're here for and what feel right to them. There are so many beautiful spiritual experiences that people can experience when they allow themselves to be open, with a loving heart. God is Love not fear or dogma. Like attracts like. When you are open and loving and serving spirit with the best of intentions, then the best will come through you and all will be for the highest. Know it is true.
Old 15-07-2013, 05:02 PM
MMM

i think gordon higginson said something to the effect that
if people weren't ready to become spiritualists, they should stay in the their religion
Old 06-08-2013, 04:43 PM
djgolden

If Gordon Higgingson said that, then he is totally wrong. Gordon helped Spiritualism to become an religion as part of the Spiritualist National Union,(SNU). You dont have to be part of any Religious Organisation to be spiritualist. In my opinion Spiritualist is about once life and how they have kindness, love and welcome everyone and treat everyone the same. We are all equal. There are people good and bad in every religion and there are spiritualist in those relgions.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:10 PM
djgolden

Christianity has created the devil themselves, to scare people in believing their faith and if anyone goes against their faith, they are working for the devil. The bible quotes spirits and is also shows there were several mediums, one was Jesus, and they claimed he could do miracles. I am not against any religious beliefs, but we have our own beliefs and if you are comfortable with your inner thoughts then who am I or anyone else to judge. In today’s society everyone wants answers to what we have been taught at our schools about religions. People are starting to realise there is more to this universe and they ask themselves how was man created, how was the plant life created, how was the animals created. Spiritualist and scientist have one thing in common the seekers of the truth.
If you feel comfortable and safe whilst listening to GENUINE mediums, then maybe you should learn to listen to your own, sub-conscious mind. That one of the ways our spirit communicate with you.
Old 19-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Master
I think that you are right, we need to learn to listen to our own conscience- more than that - to trust it. It seems that so many are looking for something to believe, and turn to outside sources (its been that way since the beginning of time). there has always been someone there to exploit it. It is hard though, to learn to listen and believe in your own thoughts when we are raised to listen and believe someone else's. I had a reading done about a year ago (it was a very good one) and she told me that I needed to learn to trust. when she said that, I knew she wasn't talking about other people- she was talking about myself. I wish everyone independence. :)
Old 25-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Russell

Dear dreebsy,

What an interesting question!! And what interesting responses you have merited!

Countless people have asked that question before you, myself included.

One thing that you can easily do is ask some basic questions. Have the good Christians who advised you really investigated Spiritualism? What Spiritualist churches have they visited? What books have they read? What mediums have they visited and how often? Only by asking those questions, can you determine if their opinion is truly qualified.

As part of your search, you may wish to consider reading books on Spiritualism. One of the books I have read a number of times is Spirit Teachings, by Stainton Moses. Reverend Moses asks that very question to the spirits who were expressing through him. And their answer is amazing. Although some might call that book the work of the devil, for me and for many others there is no doubt that its source is divine. But each will see things from their own perspective and through the filter of their past experiences.

Continue asking your questions. Continue on with investigation and ever keep the light of reason foremost in your consciousness. I am confident that you will be guided to that which is right for you.

Hope this helps.