Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 27-11-2012, 01:49 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allwyn
I often wonder why one has to be anything

One doesn't. It's one of the many choices we may make in life, a choice which can help define what and who we are.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Master
I used to be very down on religions like many of the posters here(and by religions i dont just mean christianity) I now realise that I could see myself in ANY religion and if I totally immersed myself into it, they would all prove equally fruitful.
And I never thought I would say that!
Old 02-12-2012, 11:45 PM
InCarna

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyChris71
This is my personal view. I am spiritual but not religious. I feel our church can be in our heart and soul rather than a man made building. I believe in God. I also believe from my upbringing that alot of evil and hypocrocy hides out in the church. My family and mom is like this. My mother has been a horrible excuse for a parent. My mother's solution is to run away to church when confronted and continue to live in denial. I know many others like my mother. Yet I also know I could not have survived my hard life and gotten this far without a spiritual force I call God. I am open to others religous views when they don't cause me harm or are not used as a control tactic.

my spirituality is very similar to this, i dont see why I have to be in a church or religion of any kind in order to commune with spirit. I read lots of stuff from lots of religions and take bits of wisdom here and there and leave other bits, but i won't ever be a part of any one religion, ever. i'm just not interested in religiosity, it's far too rigid for me. unfortunately it also means its hard to tell people what I believe when it comes up because everyones so used to classifying spirituality based on these religions lol. oh well, I'm just me!
Old 13-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Master
i would like to be more spritiual
Old 13-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Niebla0007

Just be you

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Why be spiritual or religious, why not just be you ?.
One of the best answer/question there once again.

Yes, what matters there is what you do with your ownself, the path you are taking. There's a very old Sufi saying

Quote:
There are as many paths to God as many souls in the world
Old 26-04-2013, 07:51 PM
vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyChris71
This is my personal view. I am spiritual but not religious. I feel our church can be in our heart and soul rather than a man made building. I believe in God. I also believe from my upbringing that alot of evil and hypocrocy hides out in the church. My family and mom is like this. My mother has been a horrible excuse for a parent. My mother's solution is to run away to church when confronted and continue to live in denial. I know many others like my mother. Yet I also know I could not have survived my hard life and gotten this far without a spiritual force I call God. I am open to others religous views when they don't cause me harm or are not used as a control tactic.

Chris, Spiritualism is a religion that believes in communication w/the dead
to help us understand there is life after death. Also to comfort us if we've lost someone we love.
Tho I am a Spiritualist I'm more universal in my beliefs...all religions have
a piece of the whole...combined it'd be beautiful. I agree, spirituality resides
in our hearts...not in a religion which could be distorted by man's need for
control & power.
Just know you can't control your mother or anyone else....you can only
control your own reactions to them. So just live your life as the beautiful
spiritual you are !
Old 28-04-2013, 04:29 PM
TThor

I like that question. As a matter of fact I've been asking myself the same thing for years now :)

From the outside, it may seem easy to tell the difference between a spiritual person and a religious one. But if we scratch the surface...

I think that the answer lies within the unsuspected mechanisms of belief. For me, if I believe in something that I cannot remotely relate to, then it's a "religious type" of inner process; a system of believes or dogmas.

I am persuaded that it is not so clear cut. Many spiritual believes, whether new age or not, are sometimes based upon a feeling or an intuition. So the spiritual person can be just like the religious person, in some aspects of their beliefs.

I think that at the higher level of consciousness, they are one and the same, but at the level of the anthill :) they are very different indeed.