Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Light Workers & Earth Angels

Old 04-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Seeker

There are some really good helpful posts here.

I have over the years allowed myself to suffer with negative thoughts which began to take a hold after the death of my mother and, knowing that she could hear/see my thoughts just amplified them along with loathing myself for thinking these things. I truely thought I was going insane and sought the help of a local medium who told me to ask/pray to God/source/light ask that each dark thought should be neutralised in the ether with Love and Light. Eventually, after doing this for what seemed like weeks, it worked.

That was many years ago and I don't often get affected by such low thoughts, but these days I would quickly send out a thought to HS and meditate with a protective white light surrounding and going through me.

Hope this helps
Old 04-03-2011, 06:08 PM
star-child

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia
I have some negative thought forms that are driving me mad. I don't know how to get rid of them.

When you recognise that a thought or belief needs to go, what do you do to move it on?
Hello Personally I feel the most important thing is not to bury the thought, no matter how painful or negative it may be. Fully live the thought with the feeling that comes with it and the belief that the thought stems from. Write is all down, let yourself cry, scream, scribble your words down or whatever. Ignoring a thought will give it more energy and it will keep coming into the forefront of your mind and the more you push it back, the more it keeps coming forward.

If the thought is quite complex or your not sure why you think it, analyse it and see where it stems from. Consciousness is the first step towards change.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Sungirl

thank you all for your suggestions. Thank you also for reminding me not to try and squash or ignore them.

I have been working on the thoughts about this person and have worked through a lot of them. Understanding possible reasons why this person may be acting this way and trying to send love to those possibilities.

I have also realised that I was allowing myself to get sucked into situations where I could revel in the anger and feeling superior (all ego stuff) and will be taking steps to remove this person from my life as much as possible.

Thanks again. :)
Old 05-03-2011, 04:31 PM
grazier

Another way to get rid of negative thoughts and feelings is through visualisation.

You can visualise yourself going into a field where there is a row of brightly coloured balloons, anchored by bricks.

Choose a coloured balloon of a colour that 'grabs' you. Take it by the string, removing the brick and sit on the grass. Put your negative thoughts, emotions, feelings and energies into the balloons basket which you find attached. Once you have placed all of your negativity into the basket let the balloon free. Watch it as it floats up, up and away into the atmosphere, taking all of the negative with it. Watch it until you can see it no longer. You will then feel lighter and more positive.

Another method is to see yourself sitting on the ocean bed. Sit and relax, watching the fishes swimming and the weeds waving about in the gentle current of the water. When you feel relaxed take all of your negative thoughts and place them in bubbles and just watch them disappearing upwards towards the surface. When the bubbles reach the surface the bubbles burst, releasing all of the thoughts into the atmosphere and away from you.

Blessings

grazier
Old 05-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Wow, what a great thread and thank you the master.

My 2 cents - I follow the old -Thoughts are like birds flying over head- you can't control them, but you certainly don't have to let one make a nest in your hair.

I have to be a sentry at my post 24/7 - I banish any thought that is trying to steer me away from my Goal. (which is to be happy in Truth and Reality)
Lust, anger, envy, worry, doubt - you know the deal...are tricks of the Mind or lower ego self - or the Christian devil ---I know many say embrace these thoughts and the lower ego self - I get that - but, sometimes the lower ego self needs to take a back seat or shoved outta the moving vehicle, imo.

And we have the control and power to stay on course.
We do.
We are not leaves just blowin' the wind...we have our rudder firmly in our hands.
Clarity of intent is most necessary!

I'm like Sara Connor to myself - "Get up soldier!"
Because there is a war going on, imo.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Enya

I've just remembered a simple method to tackle returning negative thoughts, especially those which emerge linked to a person or person... as soon as the thought arrives, change it to 'Peace be with you'. Repeat this until you feel calm and centred in your heart.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:52 AM
Master
tilia - I would say you need to find someone you can trust completely to confide in that won't judge you and rinse your soul. Find someone that you can let loose with and shed your negative feelings with that will receive you with open arms. I have a negative experience that haunts me daily and I battle with it over and over. But I also have a very optimistic, level-headed partner in life that just holds me when I need a good cry and tells me when I'm being unreasonably hard on myself with life experiences. I've tried journalling, meditation, counseling, you name it. But nothing takes the place of good ole human connection. I hope you have someone out there that can help you, hold you, assure you that nothing in life is so seriously bad or negative that you should despair over too long. We should only reflect for so long to learn from our mistakes or experiences, not stay in a state of madness. I've been down in the bottom of the barrel and floated back to the top. I speak from experience. I wish the best for you. :)

Blackraven
Old 06-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Sungirl

Hi Blackraven

Thank you. I do have a friend who I can talk to about anything. Only on the phone as she is a long way away. But she loves me completely and I her.

Sadly, at the moment she is going through her own stuff and for some reason isn't finding time to talk to me on the phone. When we do we tend to focus on her stuff as I don't like to put myself forward (my bad I know)

I also have my husband but he is involved in this particular situation as the people involved have treated him badly too. He is much better at shrugging it off but he is not outside the situation enough.

I am glad you have your partner who is so good to you, and that you have found your way back up from the bottom. It takes a special person to put the work in.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:49 AM
mattie

Empowering Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondreamer
If I notice I am beginning to think negatively, I have developed a habit of saying to myself "okay, this is not serving you," and I try to move on directly to something positive. I may have to do this several times in a row before it sinks in.

Good advice. Empowering & taking control.

For long-standing negative self talk expect for it to take repeated new messages. KNOW you will persevere.
Old 18-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Knower

Smile

Hello, I have recently been learning the methods for releasing negative thinking. In fact, I attended a seminar over the weekend about it! (And another one about a month ago). I will share what I've learned:

Basically, we all have many, many unproductive thoughts circulating in our mind. I used to ignore them, or pretend they weren't from me (blaming ego, etc), or getting mad at or ashamed of myself about them. These ways do not work! Instead, we need to verbally release such thoughts, then 'correct and upgrade' them out loud. For instance, if you have a thought like this: "I am worthless and never learn my lessons properly." Say something like this: "OK, I just had a thought that I am worthless and cannot learn lessons properly. However, I now release this thought and replace it with the truth, which is that I am a beautiful being of light, and I am learning as I should." (Or something to that effect).

So to summarize, we are to: verbalize the unproductive thought out loud, then firmly replace and upgrade it with the positive 'truth'. Positive affirmations need to be said over and over, slowly and meaningfully, and they will sink in over time and become truth.

I have been doing this for the past several weeks, and slowly but surely, my thought processes are changing for the better. Negative thoughts are calming down. I am able to meditate more deeply and quickly because the negative self-speak has calmed down.

The affirmations forum section of this website has some great suggestions. I have some as well (given to me by an enlightened person) so PM me if you want any other suggestions.

Good luck!