Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-01-2017, 07:24 AM
Master
Karma.

Karma seem to be incompatible with what the bible teaches about life/death, yet there are many verses which teach about reaping and sowing, is this not Karma ?
Old 18-01-2017, 07:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Karma seem to be incompatible with what the bible teaches about life/death, yet there are many verses which teach about reaping and sowing, is this not Karma ?
Karma is synonymous with 'free will' in Christianity.

It is the 'go to explanation' that blanket-covers why things turn out the way they do.

Why are we miserable/suffering? because it is 'our lot' to be that way. It could be the result of karma, or it could be because we chose to turn away from the union with the Holy Spirit - same thing.

I actually like the term 'Holy Spirit' because I have met a lot of 'spirits' and there's only one I would term a 'holy' spirit.

I disagree with both karma and free will. Everything is ordained and pre-destined and all that...we only believe we choose, when in all actuality, it has been taken into consideration already.
Old 18-01-2017, 08:42 AM
Master
Quote:
there are many verses which teach about reaping and sowing, is this not Karma ?
To you and me, that would be karma. To a new age person, that might be law of attraction. (And to a farmer, that would be how crops are grown.) Given peoples' beliefs are many and varied, even within a particular religion, I would guess you could poll a dozen Christians and get another 2-3 different explanations.
Old 18-01-2017, 08:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Karma is synonymous with 'free will' in Christianity.
Really? Are you sure you mean synonymous, because free will isn't really in the general ballpark of what karma means and is all about. There are no consequences attached to the idea of free will, that's the first and very big difference.
Old 18-01-2017, 09:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Karma seem to be incompatible with what the bible teaches about life/death
Is it? Obviously most Christians would agree. But I say the Bible is a book particular to this one incarnation plane. It is describing a reality having to do with one existence, on this singular incarnation plane. And that there are many books and many incarnation planes still to explore in other lifetimes.

It's all perspective. But you know that already because your eyes have been opened.
Old 18-01-2017, 09:46 AM
Master
Quote:
I think the Bible teaches a few can be construed as karma like "do unto others what you will have them do to you", "eye for an eye". The only thing is it is not mentioned as karma.
Old 18-01-2017, 10:29 AM
Master
Well I surpose the idea of Karma in the Christian Churches wouldn't sit very well as there would be no need to pay the Priests/Bishops a vast sum of money to absolve us from our sins while we are waiting for the Ferryman
Old 18-01-2017, 10:32 AM
Master
Karma.

Karma has no menu,
You get served what you deserve.
Old 18-01-2017, 10:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Is it? Obviously most Christians would agree. But I say the Bible is a book particular to this one incarnation plane. It is describing a reality having to do with one existence, on this singular incarnation plane. And that there are many books and many incarnation planes still to explore in other lifetimes.

It's all perspective. But you know that already because your eyes have been opened.

I sometimes need two toothpicks to keep them open
Old 18-01-2017, 11:01 PM
Experiencer

Karma in Buddhism is a kind of physics there is no intelligent force behind it where as karma (Reap what you sow) is the rewards and punishments of a God.