Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 10-01-2017, 09:10 PM
Master

[quote=mickiel]4 Christian celebrations and doctrines, with basically no biblical support. Its stunning how believers can swallow things and have no scriptures to back them up.QUOTE]

mickiel,

What is stunning is that you seem to believe in a static church as opposed to one that is dynamic and evolutionary especially since the church of New Testament time was barely defined. The entire church calendar as we know it was developed by the Church essentially as a teaching tool to bring to mind the heritage derived from the Bible. Among these seasons of the church are Pentecost, Advent, Christmas, Epiphany, and Easter.

A parallel of sorts is the Constitution of the United States. It was not a static document as is witnessed by the subsequent addition of amendments. The Congress has seen fit and appropriate to declare certain days as observable holidays. These, just as Easter and Christmas, serve as reminders of our heritage. I see these things that disturb you as actually being things that serve to enhance the message and lessons of the Bible.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:08 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
Christmas - what a load of pagan deception;

https://realtruth.org/articles/169-ttooc.html

Why rag on Christmas or any of those other holidays you find distasteful?
No one's forcing you to celebrate or do anything.

Old 10-01-2017, 10:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Bolded...very nice.
Labels.
If I'm transforming fr a spirit energy to a Divine spirit...
Call me anything...Hindu, Jew, or enlightened, awake...
I personally don't like any label...not even, ''true CHRISTIAN''.
Just sayin'... direct experience goes beyond labels, don't you think?
With respect, not trying to start anything.

Yes I agree. ..I only used the term "true Christian" as a kind of break down of the word christed, so that the majority who read this could understand what iam getting at.

"CHRISTED"As in transformed by the christ energy. ..gods very essence, into the devine being...at one with god....eligible to move from the sixth natural spiritual sphere into the seventh divine sphere & on &
Into gods heavenly kingdom.

And who knows what verbal terms they then use in higher spheres, for their physical locations & personal physical condition.

As you have probably read people on a divine path & residing in the first through to sixth spheres would not be at one with god, but can move very quickly through the lower spheres depending on their desires to do so.

As they move further through the lower spheres in the spiritual realms they move away from worshipping Jesus & from the Bible & man made churches/buildings of worship and the earthly verbal terms, that are found in the lower spiritual realms, because they realize that we do not need them or the holly men and hierarchy to become at one with god.

& so it should be on earth as well.

They also realize that trying to raise their spiritual vibration (as it is known as) by meditation ext ext ext does not work for them in the spiritual realms nor here on earth.

The only way to do that is to practice a purely higher loving moral life form & being of loving assistance to all sentient beings & or animals & the entire universe.

Or follow gods way of love, which is a narrow road to the devine life.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
Why rag on Christmas or any of those other holidays you find distasteful?
No one's forcing you to celebrate or do anything.

I am asking a bible believing church for biblical evidence of important celebrations they have , and despite your objections ,I see absolutely nothing wrong with my request. I do see something wrong with them not giving me the requested scriptures.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:26 PM
Master
[quote=Molearner]
Quote:
4 Christian celebrations and doctrines, with basically no biblical support. Its stunning how believers can swallow things and have no scriptures to back them up.QUOTE]

mickiel,

What is stunning is that you seem to believe in a static church as opposed to one that is dynamic and evolutionary especially since the church of New Testament time was barely defined. The entire church calendar as we know it was developed by the Church essentially as a teaching tool to bring to mind the heritage derived from the Bible. Among these seasons of the church are Pentecost, Advent, Christmas, Epiphany, and Easter.

A parallel of sorts is the Constitution of the United States. It was not a static document as is witnessed by the subsequent addition of amendments. The Congress has seen fit and appropriate to declare certain days as observable holidays. These, just as Easter and Christmas, serve as reminders of our heritage. I see these things that disturb you as actually being things that serve to enhance the message and lessons of the Bible.

Translation ; you have no biblical support.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:41 PM
Master
I don't claim to know everything but I certainly know from experience how the Universe works especially when I sense paradigm shifts, synchronicity, dead people, spirits, and a host of other things.

From what I gather from people who are actually authentically in touch with the "Spirit Realm" and have evidence to back up their gifts is that majority of the claims from St. Paul and the disciples who wrote the New Testament a lot of their writings prove to be...

here it is..

Mostly..

True.

Even though they didn't have words like "the Trinity" nor did they celebrate Christmas until the 4th Century, and they didn't call it Easter; these are all very good Man-Made explanations for the things Christ was TRYING to convey to us.

Jesus was speaking and relaying his messages from a much Higher frequency and dimension than we can imagine or access. He used parables and symbols.
You have to remember that all of us take for granted this belief that "God is Love". If I must remind you all it was Jesus HIMSELF, the only Religious figure in history who openly preached that, was the FIRST to preach that, and was killed for trying to show it in his life.

The people of Israel knew WHO God was. God was their Father, the source of all things, Creator and Lord of lights. You can use Mother as well if you like.

But it seemed that they didn't know WHAT God was and perhaps the picture of God wasn't complete or not completely revealed to the human species.

That is where Jesus came in. Jesus was born pure and with a clean slate chose to incarnate in 3rd dimensional form directly from God who is our Father-Mother. He was the only Perfect human that lived because that was his purpose. He showed the nature of what God is which included Himself.

God is our Source but what God is, is Love. And in order for God to be Love God must have an Other to Love. Jesus was born to be an example of God's unconditional Love for the Soul. Jesus didn't have to be told he already knew from early on he was fully Loved and a participant of God's nature. The consciousness shared between Jesus and God while he walked the earth is the Holy Spirit.

It is like a Family. To use the patriarchal image because that is what they used back then-
A bachelor seeks a spouse to love and have a child. The bachelor or father usually isn't complete until he has a Family and shares himself. God is not only autonomous, he is also Dependent on the Other. That is why in the Old Testament God is said to need our Love back because Love is also receiving.

We will say the bachelor is God in this case. The bachelor being God gives himself completely to his spouse the Holy Spirit thus making Her also God in the sharing of self. And from that Unity of God and God's Spirit comes the begotten offspring. God is now Completed in being Love, Loving, and Loved.

The Trinity is a template, a pattern which started first in God and can later be seen in Jesus and must become a reality for us all once we enter Heaven.

This isn't a debate whether it's in the Bible or not to make it Real. The Trinity is a Symbol to explain how Jesus was both himself yet one with God through the Holy Spirit.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:40 AM
Knower

Yes, according to the "Law" or "Torah" (in Hebrew) to participate in holidays such as Christmas and Easter, which have origins in pagan tradition is to sin:

Deuteronomy 12:4
"Do not worship the LORD your God in the way these pagan peoples worship their gods."

These holidays I believe were introduced by the Catholic church which as an institution, has been inclined historically, to dilute the christian faith with traditions/beliefs of pagan origin along with other practices that just so blatantly contradict the scriptures. A few examples:
Pope worship, Mary worship, Saint worship, The arbitrary transfer of the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday etc.

If one desired to remain obedient to God - even in the act of the celebration of holidays, then yes, according to the Bible any holiday associated with old pagan tradition should be abandoned. This transition can be made less painful, by adhering to the Holidays/Feasts or "Moadim" as set in the Bible, found in Deuteronomy 16:
1) Passover
2)Unleavened Bread
3)First Fruits
4)Weeks of Pentacost
5)Trumpets
6)Day of Atonement
7)Tabernacles

There are two Jewish holidays that we as christian's can celebrate:
1)Purim
2)Hanukkah

Hanukkah is especially useful if you have a family, to help with the transition away from Christmas.

and then of course, there is the weekly Sabbath starting from sundown on Friday and ending sundown Saturday.

Quote:
A parallel of sorts is the Constitution of the United States. It was not a static document as is witnessed by the subsequent addition of amendments.

The "Torah", or "Law/Laws" of God however, are indeed static and unchanging:

"Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give you." - Deuteronomy 4:2

It would do us good to be familiar, (as christians) with what our Holy Text actually says.

Also...

Trinity: God the Father/Judge, The Son (Jesus) who is our High Priest/Advocate, and the Holy Spirit who Baptises us into the family as Son's/Daughters of God, also he intercedes for us, convicts us, writes God's laws in our hearts.

Last edited by ianalexanderr : 11-01-2017 at 04:42 AM.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:44 AM
Question not worth asking so deleted. Sorry.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 11-01-2017 at 06:30 AM.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:51 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Jesus was speaking and relaying his messages from a much Higher frequency and dimension than we can imagine or access.

The people of Israel knew WHO God was.

That is where Jesus came in. Jesus was born pure and with a clean slate chose
to incarnate in 3rd dimensional form directly from God who is our Father-Mother.
God is our Source but what God is, is Love. And in order for God to be Love God must have an Other to Love.
Jesus was born to be an example of God's unconditional Love for the Soul.

This isn't a debate whether it's in the Bible or not to make it Real.
The Trinity is a Symbol to explain how Jesus was both himself yet one with God through the Holy Spirit.
Brilliant as always.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-01-2017, 03:52 AM
Master
Fish

Quote:
I am asking a bible believing church for biblical evidence of important celebrations they have , and despite your objections ,I see absolutely nothing wrong with my request. I do see something wrong with them not giving me the requested scriptures.

I'm not sorry you asked what you asked.
I'm not sorry for replying as I did.
If I had accurate, good-sounding answer/response,
I would've advanced it.

I'm especially not sorry because it garnered
an exceptional response from Amilius777.
Proof and truth about things aren't always
in the material world.