Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-09-2011, 11:02 AM
3dnow

Jealousness

Hi forum,

I am suspecting that there is no such thing as jealousness, in the sense of being jealous of someone's success or happyness. I myself never get jealous. I imagine people that have all the things I wish I had, I don't get jealous. I forget in a few seconds and continue my life.

We probably invented this misconception out of pananioa?

Do you ever get jealous?

I need your answers for research. Please respond even if you don't have any comments.

Thanks!

3d
Old 21-09-2011, 11:08 AM
mattie

Definitely Exists

There’s definitely such a thing as jealousness. Been there, done that.
Old 21-09-2011, 11:11 AM
NiteOwl

IMHO...jealousy is a dirty habit we pick up along the way in devolping our sense of self and ego stemming from competition. Jelaousy comes from ego. With Spirit, one things ins't better than the other, they just are. No need to be jealous because one respects the other's journey as being a fellow traveler. We are meant to cooperate, not compete.

If some one feels jealous, I suggest stepping their game up and start bringing goals to the table that make them feel good and to nourish Self, not with the goal to look good to other's. Take that energy and apply it in personal growth, not depreciation of your Self.
Old 21-09-2011, 11:21 AM
mattie

Jealousy Is A Selected Thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteOwl
... Jelaousy comes from ego. ...

Ego/self is the neutral mechanism by which we experience individuality.

Thoughts such as jealousy are created 100% by us. It is true that jealousy comes from the experience of individuality, but they aren't generated by self. We can just as easily choose thoughts/emotions that aren’t jealous.

Self/ego/individuality is like the hardware of our computer. Whatever thoughts/emotions we have are like the software.
Old 21-09-2011, 11:44 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Ego/self is the neutral mechanism by which we experience individuality.

Thoughts such as jealousy are created 100% by us. It is true that jealousy comes from the experience of individuality, but they aren't generated by self. We can just as easily choose thoughts/emotions that aren’t jealous.

Self/ego/individuality is like the hardware of our computer. Whatever thoughts/emotions we have are like the software.

Thanks NitOwl, Mattie,

I don't understand jealousy... I don't get jealous.. Is there something else like fear or self-judgment perhaps which creates this illusion?

I try, even self-judgment doesn't create jealousy. I think of a friend's success, I couldn't do the same (I wish I could), but I am not jealous.. I feel nothing

3d
Old 21-09-2011, 12:51 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Hi forum,

I am suspecting that there is no such thing as jealousness, in the sense of being jealous of someone's success or happyness. I myself never get jealous. I imagine people that have all the things I wish I had, I don't get jealous. I forget in a few seconds and continue my life.

We probably invented this misconception out of pananioa?

Do you ever get jealous?

I need your answers for research. Please respond even if you don't have any comments.

Thanks!

3d

I don't get jealous because I know I might be broke right now, but I'm gunna be a multi-milllionior within the next 10 years. I have a great business idea and I am going to be a motivational speaker and a healer. I know I've got a great future ahead of me. The thing is that we used to have a lot of money, now we are broke. So I've experienced the two opposites of having money and not. I feel bad for the guys that do get jealous. You could strip me bear naked in the cold, and I'll still be happy. Nothing can take away my joy no matter what the circumstances are.

"Attitudes are habits, and habits are formed by repetition"
Old 21-09-2011, 01:03 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
I don't get jealous because I know I might be broke right now, but I'm gunna be a multi-milllionior within the next 10 years. I have a great business idea and I am going to be a motivational speaker and a healer. I know I've got a great future ahead of me. The thing is that we used to have a lot of money, now we are broke. So I've experienced the two opposites of having money and not. I feel bad for the guys that do get jealous. You could strip me bear naked in the cold, and I'll still be happy. Nothing can take away my joy no matter what the circumstances are.

"Attitudes are habits, and habits are formed by repetition"

It is self-judgment or jealousness? What is jealousness exactly?

Poor hungry people are jealous of us? I don't have the impression. Why?

3d
Old 21-09-2011, 01:23 PM
kislany

Oh jealousy definitely exists. I've never been jealous of other people as to how they live (i.e. envious, etc), but the only type of jealousy I've ever experienced is related to relationships. It's a bad feeling that I wish on noone and I hate it when I experience it.
Old 21-09-2011, 01:36 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kislany
Oh jealousy definitely exists. I've never been jealous of other people as to how they live (i.e. envious, etc), but the only type of jealousy I've ever experienced is related to relationships. It's a bad feeling that I wish on noone and I hate it when I experience it.

Hi kislany,

Like fear of losing a partner? I experienced it too, but I call it fear not jealousy.

The type of jealousy I am talking about is being jealous of other people as to how they live etc.

3d
Old 21-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Eudaimonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
I am suspecting that there is no such thing as jealousness, in the sense of being jealous of someone's success or happyness. I myself never get jealous.

I think that it is great that you personally don't get jealous (I think you mean "envious"), but jealousy/envy definitely does exist in the world.

Yes, I have experienced this on rare occasions. I blame low self-esteem for this. I find that when I believe in myself, envy of someone else's success or happiness disappears.

eudaimonia,

Mark