Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-01-2017, 06:59 PM
Master

Can we define the unholy Spirit?

What stands in opposition to the Holy Spirit? Is there something that we can recognize as its opposite?

Ephesians 6:12 tells us...."For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms".

I know the first answer for many might be Satan. I have always been a little uncomfortable with accepting this because it personifies Satan as one that is extraneous to us and thereby removes responsibility from ourselves. It is too easy to say "that Satan made me do that". When Jesus was tempted by Satan it is a little difficult to picture Satan(with horns and as a person) sitting on a nearby rock and conversing with Jesus. What I do visualize is that Jesus was subjected to the same torments that we are confronted with. The name I give this is the ego. There might be actual personages(spirits) as mentioned in Ephesians but I think the ammunition they employ is the ego. Once we understand this we are not indefensible....it is an enemy that we can recognize and take measures against.
Old 17-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Master
Can we define the unholy Spirit?

Pretty much everything I did up until my mid-30s!
Old 17-01-2017, 07:08 PM
Experiencer

Galatians chapter 5 tells you of the Flesh (Unholy Spirit) and the Holy Spirit and the outward traits that idenitfy one as walking in either the Unholy spirit or the Holy Spirit. There is a list of traits for both..
Old 17-01-2017, 09:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex
Galatians chapter 5 tells you of the Flesh (Unholy Spirit) and the Holy Spirit and the outward traits that idenitfy one as walking in either the Unholy spirit or the Holy Spirit. There is a list of traits for both..

Tirisilex,

Thanks for calling that to attention. That passage is both concise and inclusive and I am in total agreement with it. I like to use 'ego' as a way of relating to people on these forums that automatically dismiss scripture.
Old 18-01-2017, 06:30 AM
Master

Maybe, and this word is sufficient here, the 'unholy spirit' is simply the other pole to that which goes under the name of 'holy spirit'.

There is no reason why that which we call polarity which is visible in everything should not include any or the principle behind this universe.

This would also be a reasonable ground for (to use an old verse) 'fighting the good fight'.

This would then explain a lot of Things.
Old 29-01-2017, 06:43 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

We all belong to the unified cosmic spirit of life and existence..

We are all different incarnations of that great spirit..

Incarnations include all of what you think good and bad personalities that came in the past..

On a wider prespective, incarnations include all forms of life that exist, from the simplest to the most complex levels..

However, the unified cosmic spirit of life and existence would have two faces..

The forces of construction and order on one face, and the forces of destruction and chaos on the other..

These two faces would manifest themselves in all incarnations to varying degrees..

What're the holy and the unholy spirits?

That must be clear..
Old 03-02-2017, 05:31 PM
Master
The unholy spirit is anything that was Good and became mixed with other elements of life and creation. It is impure, unholy. It doesn't mean it is completely bad. It is just Negative energy we experience in our lives and from others. DOn't mix with it because you can get entangled. There are voices, people, environments that aren't healthy for our minds, bodies, and souls.