Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-01-2016, 07:29 AM
Experiencer
Angel1 No matter how much knowledge one has of the afterlife..

It has been just 13 months since my beautiful mother passed over. It was her time and she was eager to make the transition.
Despite my belief in the afterlife and being given signs from my mother that she still is close by, it really doesn't fill that enormous hole I have in my heart.
I have days when it's difficult for me to cope with such a loss. No one would be aware of this in my everyday life.
I'm sure I'm not alone with my feelings, losing a loved one and the pain that follows is indescribable.
Time is a great healer I know, being healed to help with coping with such a loss <3
Old 17-01-2016, 07:53 AM
Master
Sorry for your loss.

However.
You could always try and astral travel to her.
Old 17-01-2016, 10:08 AM
Master

It still cuts to lose a loved one, no matter how strong one's faith in survival of the spirit is.
With the passing of time the sorrow lessens.

If you think of it this way - she is no longer 'old', frail, immobile, suffering, in pain, but 'young' again and happy. Indeed her only sorrow is your sorrow ....

Remember her with a happy smile and a happy heart.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 17-01-2016, 11:20 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
It still cuts to lose a loved one, no matter how strong one's faith in survival of the spirit is.
With the passing of time the sorrow lessens.

If you think of it this way - she is no longer 'old', frail, immobile, suffering, in pain, but 'young' again and happy. Indeed her only sorrow is your sorrow ....

Remember her with a happy smile and a happy heart.

For sure :) Her physical body was just a shell and her spirit lives on in a better place, free of all earthly ailments.
I agree, our sorrow is their sorrow and I'm aware my mother is saddened at times due to my heartache.
I shall try and pull myself up :) Knowing she is in a far better place.
Old 17-01-2016, 01:05 PM
Burntfruit

I am sorry for your loss. Losing a mother is very hard, it has happened to me too. Sometimes I have dreams where my mother is present. I think she is happy now.

It is good you have a strong faith and belief in the afterlife, it will surely help ease the pain.
Old 17-01-2016, 01:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia
For sure :) Her physical body was just a shell and her spirit lives on in a better place, free of all earthly ailments.
I agree, our sorrow is their sorrow and I'm aware my mother is saddened at times due to my heartache.
I shall try and pull myself up :) Knowing she is in a far better place.

Yes, she is!

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 17-01-2016, 02:25 PM
You're s.o.l.

Now, you have to make the best of this...because it only happens once...
that we lose our mother.

But, know this...
this is one of the greatest gifts ever given...you
already know, you've felt it...
that you share the pain of grief of every broken heart of 10,000 years.
That this mourning of the soul can propel you to heights and depths
of insights into existence...that will last you forever.
Embrace this gift and bear it....my opinion.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-01-2016, 03:18 PM
Deactivated Account

Hello Tricia,

I am sorry for the loss of your mother . And I understand what you are going thru. All this info about the afterlife, doesn't really make one feel any less sad, or take the current pain away.... and the saying " Time is a great healer " is true ... though it may be difficult to believe at first. Take the time you need to grieve, and to miss your mother, it is totally ok to do so..... and the loss of a parent, is so totally different from the loss of any other relative, unexplainable till one has experienced it.

Pay attention to your dreams, talk to your mother, whenever you are feeling the need to do so, they do hear us .... and gradually, if you haven't already received signs she is near, it is possible that you will and you will eventually find comfort in these signs.

Remember, your mother is always close in your heart and in your memories.

Adrienne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia
Despite my belief in the afterlife and being given signs from my mother that she still is close by, it really doesn't fill that enormous hole I have in my heart.
I have days when it's difficult for me to cope with such a loss. No one would be aware of this in my everyday life.
I'm sure I'm not alone with my feelings, losing a loved one and the pain that follows is indescribable.
Time is a great healer I know, being healed to help with coping with such a loss <3
Old 17-01-2016, 03:50 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
Hello Tricia,

I am sorry for the loss of your mother . And I understand what you are going thru. All this info about the afterlife, doesn't really make one feel any less sad, or take the current pain away.... and the saying " Time is a great healer " is true ... though it may be difficult to believe at first. Take the time you need to grieve, and to miss your mother, it is totally ok to do so..... and the loss of a parent, is so totally different from the loss of any other relative, unexplainable till one has experienced it.

Pay attention to your dreams, talk to your mother, whenever you are feeling the need to do so, they do hear us .... and gradually, if you haven't already received signs she is near, it is possible that you will and you will eventually find comfort in these signs.

Remember, your mother is always close in your heart and in your memories.

Adrienne

Thank you Adrienne :) I have had a number of signs since my mother passed. The first one is the photo on my profile, taken one evening not long after she passed.
I do send my thoughts out to her, talk to her. I saw her in my dream state a week ago, she looked lovely and very healthy.
My daughter, on a couple of occasions has seen and heard from her.
It does bring great comfort :) but for our own selfish reasons, we never want to let them go xx
Old 17-01-2016, 04:09 PM
Deactivated Account

You are welcome Tricia. I was wondering about your avatar picture.
Nice that you and your daughter are receiving some signs....

and yes I know......... " we never want to let them go "