Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 31-05-2012, 09:12 AM
LovingMistress

Why only ONE dream ?

Why is it when someone I love dies, animal or person - Between 3days - 2 weeks , I have a dream about them , the dream is always really confusing , because when I see them , I always have the following thought pattern----

1st thought - You're dead, this can't be real ....

2nd thought - hold on , did you die at all , or did I dream that - Then I focus long and hard on the history of the past couple of days, it's always difficult for me to focus on it , not like it would be in an awake state , I play the recent events through my head, and pick out a certain part which confirms death - ie I will remember the funeral, just a thought which will confirm the person/animal died,

then thought 3.) enters my head - hmm Yes you're definitely dead , I remember your funeral, your death was no dream , in which case THIS must be a dream .......

They always answer me with , I'm here, you're here aren't we? At which poing the fourth and final thought enters my head, which is basically a confirmation of what they've just told me , like a vivid realisation that it doesn't matter if it's a dream , a reality , a thought in my head, but that we are both here and present at this moment in time - at this point I'm elated at the realisation, and embrace my loved one -

I'm not sure what I mean by embrace, but I kinder bask in their presence, hug them in a way I've never hugged anyone in my awake state. It's a bliss where I realise it doesn't matter where we are, but that we both ARE. It's like my own little secret realisation , in the moment it's empowering .

Then..... I wake up ! .....I never have that dream about that person/animal , ever again ! It's always a one time thing ! ALWAYS .

That makes me sad . Why does it happen ? It's almost like a cruel joke , because when I wake up , I'm always really happy that I got to see them again , but absolutely heart broken , because the cold reality of life without them sinks in , all over again .

Thoughts are appreciated.

B
Old 31-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Ascender
I believe they are showing you that life doesnt end here, you will see them again. Spirits cannot dwell in this plane, we are subject to this world to grow out of it, not be held behind. See the possitive flow in the events around you, which is, many dont get visits from loved ones.
Old 31-05-2012, 10:40 PM
LovingMistress

I don't get visits either, I get visit :-) and upon waking up I usually feel worse than when I went to sleep ! Can you tell me if you think it's possible for loved ones to visit our dreams once they are no longer in this plane ? And if so , why only one ? Why only one from EACH one . Is it me ?!
Old 01-06-2012, 02:20 AM
Ascender
Do you mean why is it one person at a time that comes to you?

I more then believe we can communicate with the living spirits. Usualy you only see one thing at a time because its your focus that creates clarity, and focus is singular. Its possible some might go back and forthe, but its not for everyone.

Sometimes we sleep badly if our consciousness is at work. Your sleeping but your still "doing things".
Old 01-06-2012, 02:40 AM
Ascender
I felt I should specify better on the traveling of spirits. I think many can send messages/thoughts to us, but they are not to stay here.

Supporting the roots of a tree is just important as giving the tree sunlight. Support is always welcome.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:53 AM
LovingMistress

Hi Sammy - Thankyou for your compassionate replies. By once , I mean I dream of my loved one who passed ..... and then I never dream of them ever again !!! It saddens me . It's been a trence since I was little - Now knocking 30 . It's always a special dream - it's only ever once. Even years can go by after their death , and I can really need them , but I never dream of them ever again , does that make any sense ?

B
Old 01-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Ascender
My pleasure! Ill try to explain alil better.

Seeing your loved ones in a dream after thier death at all, is rare and was a great gift to you. I believe they cant, or dont want to leave thier home, but before they left here they wanted to let you know thier love for you.

It is a special dream and from a special place. Be glad for its existance.

This doesnt mean you will never have the dreams again, but as with most things spiritual, the more you want it the less chance it has of happening. You have to allow the TV to be on, but let them pick the channel.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:49 PM
LovingMistress

Thankyou Sammy , I think I understand a little better . I must admit , when I have the dream , I ALWAYS feel better and worse , better because it confirms for me that it's possible to see them post death , and misery because I pretty much know it's not going to happen again ..... I hope it does though , I wonder if there is anyway to encourage it to happen , other than not wanting it too much .... Or maybe I only get one - the strange thing is , deep down I know 'once' is all I need .... More would be 'want ' and not 'need' .
Old 01-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingMistress
Or maybe I only get one - the strange thing is , deep down I know 'once' is all I need .... More would be 'want ' and not 'need' .

Very wise words here.

You will see them again, and be in there arms. It will make the dream seem trivial in comparison. This planet is old, and our time here is short. We just need to get from point A to point B as good as we can, and livin aint easy for anyone.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Ascender
My prayers go with you on your journies friend, and im always glad to help.