Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Closed Thread

Old 16-02-2007, 02:46 AM
evatini

What is life?

**I hope I am posting this topic in the right area!!*

What is life?

There are so many different possibilities of what life is and what happens to us when we die, that it is impossible to figure out. I believe everyone is intitiled to their own opinion on what they believe in & I would like to share with you guys my thoughts on life.

1ST: --This is Purgatory--
Ever think that maybe, we are in fact all dead & we are here for a test, a test to see if we are either truly either good or bad? Spirits, are in fact, spirits, but they had already finished their test, & have been chosen to either go to the "good" side or the "bad" side. In this case, spirits have actually crossed over, it is us who need help to get to the other side.

2ND: --This is Hell--
Seeing all of the hurt that happens to many, many people down here.. is this in fact, hell? Is this our punishment? A life without peace? A life where everyone is judging, children are dying, innocent people are getting killed? Is this HELL?

3RD: --A dream--
What if while you're dreaming, it's actually reality, and reality is actually a dream? Sounds crazy, but WHAT IF?

4TH: --Reincarnation--
The reason why I do believe in reincarnation is because, I have heard of people, who have a strong feeling for something, & cannot recall why. (Example: If someone gets prickly pains when there is a knife on a table & it is pointed at them -- could that maybe mean in their past life, they were murdered? Beheaded? Stabbed?) Maybe it doesn't take a lifetime to really truly find out who you really are, maybe it takes many, many lifetimes?

Another thing.. have you ever met someone, and just feel like you've known them forever and/or you've met them before -- but you know for sure this was the first time meeting them? Ever think that maybe in your past life, you knew them?

What do you guys think?
Old 16-02-2007, 04:00 AM
BLAIR2BE

Fish

Hey evanti,
Life is continuous. THIS “life” is but one aspect of the continuous life. “Afterlife” is but another aspect of the continuous life. THIS is material manifestation of Soul/God/Energy. With these terms, “death” and “life” as words, lose their traditional meanings and take on a more descriptive meaning; adjective instead of noun (a description of whatever aspect of the whole life one refers to).

When speaking of oneness life and death can also be included; “life”, “death” and “afterlife” are aspects of the WHOLE life ((each of us (as Soul) are aspects of the whole (or collective) Soul/God/Energy.)). Thus we have oneness in/of life. Life is “bigger” than the humanly comprehensible words: life, death and afterlife. If we choose to try and define “life” as a singular event that ends, then we must come up with hundreds of new words to define all of the other seemingly singular events (i.e. pre-life, post afterlife, etc) and this becomes redundant, confusing and, not to mention, misleading.

One thing seems for certain, life is energy and energy flows; from one aspect/facet/manifestation to the next. This physical representation of self (“earth life”) is not life, merely a fraction of life! Think of the different parts of a stream; there is water, current, rocks, banks, falls, gravity. All of these are needed to produce the stream. But you do not call the rock, alone, the stream. You do not call the water, alone, the stream (if it didn’t flow due to falls and gravity, it would be a pond). Together these “ingredients” make up the stream. Well, life (in its divine definition) is the same. Life is the whole of all its infinite “parts”. And again, this physical/material plane is but a fraction of the continuous life!!

Understand? What do you think about this different view of the mountain?
Old 16-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Philip

Life is experiental creativity.
Old 16-02-2007, 10:57 PM
Master

Life is whatever you make of it.
Old 16-02-2007, 11:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
Life is whatever you make of it.

What I posted above must be true. After I posted it, I stopped being a pathfinder and became a seeker.
Old 27-02-2007, 03:45 AM
Master
good for you kris. i agree with you.

the meaning of life is life itself. it has no meaning except the ones we gave to it.
Old 27-02-2007, 02:36 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

"Life".. is "God's" masterpiece.. a holographic self-portrait..
"Life" is "God's" search for self-identity..
"Life" is for the living, a rare gift..
Live "Life" with full gusto and unconditional sincerity.. the rest will be self-evident..

Be well..
Old 27-02-2007, 03:12 PM
cweiters

Thank you Blair2be for this post wonderful interpretation of life. I too feel we are powerful energy forces contained within this body as we undergo this metamorphosis we call life we learn that our boundaries are endless.

Evatini I believe as we encounter kindred spirits we recognize each other, as we would recognize ourselves when looking in a mirror. Each of us are reflection of the other being from the same energy force field that flow through each and every one of us, this is why we much love one another. We are all apart of the collective whole from which we all come from.

Quote:
One thing seems for certain, life is energy and energy flows; from one aspect/facet/manifestation to the next. This physical representation of self (“earth life”)

I have experienced this flow of energy being set free, out of the shell, free to enjoy the splendor of the universe. Happiness, Peace, Love, Faith etc.. all take on an entirely different form when this body is not holding our energy captive as we travel through our earthly life.

Love to all
cw
Old 27-02-2007, 04:10 PM
spiritalk

Life is existence on many planes of awareness and understanding. As body, mind, spirit, we release the body at physical death, so that the consciousness can carry the spirit on into spirit realms of life.

God bless, J
Closed Thread