Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 24-08-2017, 05:14 PM
Newbie ;)

Absolute Beginner!

Hi all - I am a complete novice here but have an interest in crystals. I have a couple of questions if someone would be kind enough to answer for me. First of all I have purchased a smoky quartz bracelet and an amethyst bracelet and I read somewhere that you need to cleanse them before you charge them. First off, I have put them in amongst the leaves of my tomato plant in my garden and left them there all night - is this adequate for cleansing? Secondly, I just did a little welcome "speech" and invited them into my life - is this okay for charging them? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to misuse them or not do the right thing.

Many thanks in advance

Liz

P.S. Please don't laugh at me if I have totally got it wrong!
Old 24-08-2017, 07:14 PM
Deactivated Account

Hello, Liz, welcome to the forum, happy to have you on board with us!

If you would like, I can always move your thread to the Crystals & Gemstones section, this area members mostly give welcome and hellos.

Cloves
Old 24-08-2017, 07:51 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi Clover - yes please, if you don't mind. Sorry, for any inconvenience.

Liz
Old 24-08-2017, 08:57 PM
Badcopyinc

1. Sunlight - Light is the essential currency of crystal healing therefore cleansing crystals this way works best. Leave your crystals in sunlight for a couple of hours, at least 12, the crystal will absorb the healing rays of the sun.

2. Smudging - Smudge your healing gemstones with the purifying smoke of dried herbs or incense. This method can be used for cleansing crystals one by one or even for a roomful of crystals.

3. Running water - (do not use this crystal cleansing method on porous crystals e.g. Azurite) Hold your crystals under running water and imagine all the negativity flowing out of your crystal as little minus signs and going down the drain. Then imagine your crystal being filled with loads of positive energy (with little plus signs).

4. Resonating sound - Purify your crystals with the resonating sound of a bell that you love. You can even use beautiful music and again either a single crystal or a roomful of crystals can be cleansed this way. Cleansing crystals this way has an added benefit, the vibration of sound is integrated into the healing energies of your crystal.

5. Amethyst cluster / bed - Placing your healing gemstones on a cluster will cleanse and remove negative energy from your crystals. This method can be applied overnight.

6. Brown rice - a firm favorite. Cover or lay your healing crystals on a bed of brown rice for 24 hours. After cleansing crystals this way, I was informed by a Swami from the Asram that the rice can be used for cooking and need not be thrown away. However there are two schools of thought as far as eating the rice or throwing it out is concerned. Trust your intuition and do what works for you.

Keep the following in mind when cleansing your crystals:

Crystal Types to avoid contact with water:

Azurite, Halite, Selenite - water soluble.
Lapis lazuli, Opal, Turquoise - porous, do not soak, dry after cleansing.
Malachite - use cool water only, dry after cleansing.
Light sensitive crystal types:

Amethyst, Rose Quartz - may fade.
Turquoise - may dry out.
Heat sensitive crystal types:

Amethyst - may fade in gentle heat, becomes colorless in strong heat.
Quartz - may fracture with sudden temperature changes.
Lapis Lazuli - avoid high heat.
Malachite - avoid sudden temperature changes.
Tourmaline - high heat alters colors.
Turquoise - sensitive to all heat.
Easily scratched crystal types:

Metallic crystals or minerals.
Calcite, Celestite, malachite, Fluorite, Rhodochrosite, Apatite, Lapis Lazuli.
Sodalite, Selenite, Turquoise, Hematite, Moonstone.

http://www.healing-journeys-energy.c...-Crystals.html

as far as intent (charging) i just love my crystals like their my kids lol
I ask them to help with what i need no matter of knowing i need it or not...
I've read that when you charge with intent to use right hand i think? maybe left.. I'm not sure i know someone on here knows.

I leave all my crystals in my window for full moons and to catch sun during day.. that also charges them.

hope this helps...
Old 24-08-2017, 11:48 PM
Ascender
Great post Badcopyinc, thank you. Guess that is why my rose quartz turned white after a water bath.

My questions..does size matter when using crystals or gemstones? Does a small piece offer as much protection as a large piece?

Is buying at a general gem show advisable or do we need to purchase from a special source to have protection, for instance.

Do certain specimens call to you or can someone else pick out a crystal for your personal use?

As you can tell, I am learning and have very basic questions. Thought this thread would be a good place to ask. Thanks in advance!
Old 25-08-2017, 01:34 AM
Badcopyinc

Yes and no on size. My raw big crystals I use for meditation are amazing.
But they have their use I can't carry them all day.

I like to click and clack when I walk, reminds me their with my all day. And they have more of a chance to influence things to help. To me the big ones are powerful but the pocket stones put in the most work.

I wouldn't stress it too much. But be weary of fakes. They're easy to spot ask the seller questions. If they don't know anything about them that's usually a red flag. You can spot fakes as well by the way they look. Here's a handy page to illustrate.
http://www.kskyethelabel.com/how-to-...-fake-crystal/

Only ones that ever made me buy them were BOJI stones they felt phenomenal. Outside of that. I've been drawn to a particular type and usually go to my local metaphysical shop and grab the one that feels right for me. Usually the first one I touch.

I actually like buying things online but never had with crystals I like going and vibing with the lovely people I run into at the shops near me. It's not that big of a deal though if a stone isn't supposed to be with you they usually leave. By way of getting lost.

That's great that you're learning about them. They have blessed me so much. I wish everyone found friends with crystals.

Not sure how much you know already but spirit science has a basic breakdown of crystals.

https://youtu.be/x6pYAiRqhio
Old 25-08-2017, 04:12 PM
Ascender
Once again Thank You !
Old 25-08-2017, 05:29 PM
Experiencer
As a general rule, I try to keep most of my crystals away from water and direct sunlight. Clear quartz is fine with direct sunlight but you must be very careful with certain crystals. There is of course many crystals not on Badcopyinc's list ( although it's a very fine list indeed )

I have a really beautiful chunk of calcanthite a lovely blue colour. It's very toxic and extremely water soluble.

I have had very good luck in buying online from the Chinese sellers. They seem to know a lot about crystals and the amount of fakes is blown out of proportion. There has been one or two listings I was confused about. For example a " blue natural quartz cluster " I inquired about it and the Chinese seller told me the quartz was natural but the color was lab treated. So they are generally very honest if you ask questions. When I was looking for a natural gold citrine cluster, most of my inquiries came back with the heat treated or lab treated color, when they could have easily lied to me and got the sale.

In fact, I see very little listings that actually lie. Usually it's someone that doesn't know what " smelt " crystal is.
Old 25-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you so much for your replies - brilliant post from Badcopyinc. Thank you again.

Liz
x
Old 01-09-2017, 09:26 AM
Guide
Welcome most in forums.
Have Blessed Wonderful Season.