Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 21-07-2017, 11:07 PM
Deactivated Account
Gwindel quartz

Hello,
Does anyone have experience with this rare quartz formation?
Thank you.
Old 22-07-2017, 04:47 AM
Experiencer
I am not sure it's actually that rare. I could be wrong of course, but look up skeletal quartz, it looks exactly like this gwindel quartz, and there is lots of it online. You can get a 20+ LBS piece for a couple hundred bucks

It comes in a variety of colours, I have seen it in clear, black, red and even yellow clusters. It's a very cool type of quartz. I have seen it lots when making purchases. I guess I didn't ever buy it because it seems silly to start collecting red, black and clear skeletal clusters when you already have red, black and clear quartz clusters
Old 22-07-2017, 10:46 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal canuck
I am not sure it's actually that rare. I could be wrong of course, but look up skeletal quartz, it looks exactly like this gwindel quartz, and there is lots of it online. You can get a 20+ LBS piece for a couple hundred bucks

It comes in a variety of colours, I have seen it in clear, black, red and even yellow clusters. It's a very cool type of quartz. I have seen it lots when making purchases. I guess I didn't ever buy it because it seems silly to start collecting red, black and clear skeletal clusters when you already have red, black and clear quartz clusters

Hello Crystal canuck,

There's a big difference between Gwindel and Skeletal quartz. Gwindel is rare because all other kinds of Quartz grow along a single axis in a regular trigonal system. Gwindels are slightly rotated around a single axis. Right-handed gwindels twist clockwise, and left-handed gwindels twist counter-clockwise.

Skeletal quartz is a group of "regular" crystals, and a complex structure they can have is a result of many different axises, but not as a result of rotation. I love them, and have many different ones, from different locations. Gwindels have only one axis, even they look twisted and more complex.
It's not usual behavior of quartz crystals, and there are some theories, but that's not really important.

A few months ago I finally found my first gwindel and I have some experiences I don't know where to put. That's why I opened this thread.

Thank you.
Old 22-07-2017, 03:02 PM
Experiencer
Ah, I see. When I did a google search of gwindel crystal, many of the pictures looked like skeletal quartz, and I thought it might be the same. I guess that would be assuming all of the images are properly labeled Thanks for clarifying this.
Old 22-07-2017, 03:46 PM
Deactivated Account
Google shows strange pictures sometimes ;)
People lable "beautiful purple natural fluorite quartz" lol
Old 22-07-2017, 04:02 PM
Master
Just searched Gwindel Quartz and learned something new! Never heard of it before. Thanks!
Old 22-07-2017, 04:09 PM
Master
I had a look on Google images, had never heard of this before, and I thank you for the extra information, Errol!
I can't share any experiences, as I clearly don't have one, but they seem very powerful to me. I saw 2 specimen and wow! One clear, another smokey.
But the clear one, OMG!!! Check it out --> http://www.saphiraminerals.com/img/U...617/XMHT-a.jpg
Old 22-07-2017, 06:00 PM
Deactivated Account
I'm really glad you find it interesting!
FairyCrystal, thank you for an excellent picture. That's exactly how they look like. Mine is from France, Alpine region, but I guess they could be found in many other places, too.
I've got a very similar one, and it is a powerful tool.
Thanks!
Old 22-07-2017, 06:40 PM
Master
Interesting how yours is from France. Most I found with Google Images were in Europe too, Switzerland seemed to come up a lot, and France as well.
Are they found anywhere else in the world I wonder, or are these beautiful crystals mostly European? Do you happen to know?
Old 22-07-2017, 09:11 PM
Deactivated Account
I guess they could be found at different locations, too.

A very good friend of mine runs a crystal shop. She visits one "crystal resort" in Germany a few times a year. I received a message that there are some beautiful rare quartz crystals only from Alpes, but not cheap at all. I said yes, and I was super excited when I saw it was a real Gwindel.

I believe it's a mostly European crystal.