Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Administrator
Hello

Are we no matter how spiritual ready for that last breath in we take where there is no out breath to follow. I have to wonder, we so enjoy the physical part of life even if it be a huge struggle to even breath at times but breath we do. Why ?

I have seen some so struggle along and I so wonder on why that stuggle has to be there for them but I know well its simply that path of learning and growth in this time on the Earth. That we have to experience it all to finally get to that final place of what one might call enlighenment.

Being that I can see and talk to what one's call the 'dead' I know well there is no death there is a leaving of the body and in that there is a transformation of form and space and time, but we do carry on. Its hard to leave other's behind most times is what I find.

I remember when that Vancouver Olympics was on, when that sledder died in his practice run. Me Son coming to me and telling me of him, of what happened and how they so worked on him but he was 'gone' already and asking me why. Why do they keep working on someone when ye can clearly "see" they are gone. I was like see they are gone, goes to me yes he is right here, saying he is coming back in right away. I was stunned. I had the TV on and there the story was, but me Son was not near the TV to see it.

The message was for his Dad it seems, that he had to embrace that we do not die that we come back again, so that when Dad's time came he would get what happens. LOL I doubt he does beleive in more after we die.

We many times begin life with the teachings of our parents beleifs put forth to us and we try our best at times to follow along. I remember hearing the if your bad your damed to to the Fires of the Pit. As I grew up and learned more about what was out there I would look at those so called holy people around me and go well if they go up, I would rather go down as the people that are not so holy seemed to have more fun.

I had a NDE so I now accept that the next time I might well go all the way, will I fight in the end who knows. I would hope to face that crossing in peace but til one is there who knows.

I do know in holding the hand of one that is taking that last breath in, that for some there is a peace that comes over them like a finally I am whole, for other's its an I am not ready to go but go I must. Its not waht I would say is fear, more its that hope there is more.

We all leave the body for one last time.

Lynn
Old 12-12-2012, 05:44 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Louisa:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisa
How does one meet death bravely and with a heart of peace, even if they have no real, solid beliefs of a beneficial afterlife?

At various times, death has weighed heavily on my mind and I have been faced with my own potential death a few years ago. When that happened, I found that at first I was terrified of a bad reincarnation or hellish realm (I don't think I can really believe in a permanent hell). Then I tuned away from all my fears and ran from the thought of my death at all, including avoiding facing the medical situation, until it resolved itself and the coast was clear. It was too much for me to face, on top of all the stress and fear of death, but gratefully I was okay. When the time comes that I actually will die, I want to be able to face it with less fear and running away.

Even though I don't confidently believe in Hell realms (except, obviously, quite hellish lives I see here on earth) and reincarnation, I firmly believe in spirits and other realms, because of direct experiences I have had. But I can't shake my fear that there is something I am supposed to do, before I die, which may prevent a terrible rebirth.

Its not that I think I've been an awful person, but that my soul might be more tarnished than I realize, in spite of exterior signs, so I might be up for a bad rebirth next time around, due to past karma (and the karma of intentions and thoughts and "sins" I've done in this life which might be worse than they seem, to myself or outside observers). Even though I don't firmly believe in Hell or reincarnation, the possibility weighs so heavily on me.

I don't have any firm beliefs on these things and I will not adopt a belief unless I have some experience to back it up, so how do you think would be the best way to philosophically, psychologically, and/or emotionally deal with death, and the fears, terrors, and denial and escapism they tend to evoke in me, when the time comes? I want to prepare now so that when the time comes I will be ready. I have thought if I could die in a beautiful natural environment, conscious of my surroundings (even if in great pain), maybe I could be at greater peace and harmony and therefore somehow go to a better realm. I do fear that perhaps I will die young (I'm now 30), because I keep having dreams that suggest that to me, but it could be my subconscious mind creating the dreams to help me face my fears. I don't know. Well, any ideas?

You are already doing what you came here to do and that is raising your very special Daughter in an open and loving way--
if more is required of you--it will happen quickly and be very apparent.

You will be drawn into the situation (like a moth to a flame) and you will rise to the ocassion with a grace and force that would be unequaled by any other. You cannot plan fate--whatever is destined will be.

Although death is axiomatic--it is not something that occupies my thought process. I live every day to the best of my ability and know with total faith that what is meant to be will be and I will face it as best I can.

"All will be well and all manner of things will be well..."

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...
Old 12-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Sslama

[quote=Henri77]When one visits a radically different culture, they typically do some research to learn what to expect, and make the visit less stressful. But it's still a belief, that such information is true.[color="Blue"]

I like this thought Henri. I suppose that is exactly what it might be like. We do our best to prepare but there is still a little fear of the unknown. And like a great adventure to another country, we can be open to another culture and enjoy our visit or closed minded and struggle with the experience.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Henri77

[quote=Sslama]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
When one visits a radically different culture, they typically do some research to learn what to expect, and make the visit less stressful. But it's still a belief, that such information is true.[color="Blue"]

I like this thought Henri. I suppose that is exactly what it might be like. We do our best to prepare but there is still a little fear of the unknown, or closed minded and struggle with the experience.

This clip is appropriate for everyone confused about what to expect in the afterlife. Even those who never gave it any thought get an explanation upon arrival.
(from "Defending Your Life"... pretty hilarious, written as light entertainment rather than a truly authentic perspective)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQmJl1CQx2o

I've found no absolute answers but certainly am attempting to get some insight.
After many decades, it's time I looked into the ultimate frontier. It seems like a welcome destination.
Old 13-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Master

I really like all of your thoughts. There is much to think about, but I guess in the end, just living like I'm dying and dying like I'm living, maybe - they're all a continuum anyway. I'm feeling braver about death now, even though I don't know what it holds, but I guess I'll just try to flow along in life, and be myself - no one else to be anyway. The changing me, the transforming me, or the stagnating me and I can only change what I can see how to change and then just be the best I can anyway, if I can. Or something like that.

But I think I am going to try affirmations, meditation, devotions, something that hope can keep me on a course of advancement and some degree of clarity, hopefully increasing clarity. With the little time and resources available. It's all in the eyes and the hands of the experiencer and one's unique perspective anyway.