Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 30-07-2017, 09:10 AM
Knower

Vedic and yoga gemstone-planet-chakra

I confuse about the relationship between gemstone-planet-chakra. Here an example:
- some people said that 2nd chakra is ruled by mercury, but some people said that 2nd chakra is ruled by moon.
- some people said that 3rd chakra is ruled by jupiter, but some people said that 3rd chakra is ruled by sun.
.... etc

From my temporary conclusion, some people categorize it based on the color of gemstone and chakra color.

My question is, from vedic and yoga, what is the relationship between gemstone-planet-chakra?
I really hope that I can find some answer here based on vedic and yoga.
Thank you.
Old 30-07-2017, 09:36 AM
Master
Namaste.

It isn't all that clear-cut or easy to understand all this and a lot of confusion arises. It also depends on the Jyotisha (natal astrology).

The Root Chakra, Muladhara is linked to our association with the Earth and the Earth represents it. It is reddish-brown in colour, like the soil and the gemstones relating to it include carnelian, smoky quartz and red agate.

The second Chakra, Swadhisthana is linked to the fluids within the body and the regulation of the lunar cycle which promotes menstruation in women and thus, it is associated with the moon and the image of it includes the moon (see below). It is also the abode of Makara, the half crocodile/fish thing. Gemstones associated with Swadhisthana include moonstone, aquamarine and opal.

The third Chakra, Manipura is linked to the digestive function and the heat within the body. The source of our inner heat is also the Sun and it's like the 'solar powerhouse' for our system, residing in the solar plexus. People with an overactive Manipura chakra are often very proud, egotistical and fiery, suffering with a lot of digestive complaints and are of the Pitta Dosha. The gemstones corresponding to Manipura are sunstone, tiger-eye and citrine quartz.

The fourth Chakra, Anahata has to do with our place in society, feeling gratitude, love, compassion and humility. It is ruled by the planet Venus, as indicating the receptive nature and the need to 'open up' our emotional side over the rational one. It is green in colour, and the gemstones associated with it are rose quartz and aventurine.

I could go on and will at a later date, but all this comes from my study of the Tantras and I have tried to re-locate where I have learned it, not being able to remember it right now (it was so long ago), but so far, it all escapes me.

Om Namah Shivaya