Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 03-10-2010, 02:05 PM
Master
Meditate.

The pure form is to observe what is, and in effect this removes false precepts from the mind, purifying it.

For example, to observe the breath does not require one to change his breathing, just observe it, for the breath happens naturally and is already working best just as it is. One need not change or add anything (like counting), only observe it as it is, in silence.

The mind will tend to wander away... and it needs to be trained to focus and remain silent and still as things change from moment to moment.

Persistant and patient practice... then sleep... and tomorrow, practice again.

Last edited by Gem : 03-10-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Master
So I just continue... with this perspective on meditation.

To meditate is to observe deeply the experience of being, and it takes a still and balanced disposition. The mind has a tendancy to react and is easily distracted into chitter chatter, but to meditate is to retain focus and stillness so the observer remains centred while change is allowed within the mind.

It is only to remain aware of the breath moving and it isn't easy, because the mind will wander off and lose focus, but then one just becomes aware 'oh, my mind has wandered away' and return it to the breath again. With just a little practice, one finds he can hold his attention for long periods, and begins to become very deeply aware of breath's finest sublties.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:49 AM
Master
So many have viewed, and no-one has responded, but I feel I say rather sencible things, because to see the truth of yourself is not the same thing as imagining images of yourself... and to see what is is to curiously observe and not to impose what you wish it to be.

It is always best to train the mind's dicipline by observing the breath, becuase the breath happens subconsciously and it also can be controlled.

One can control the movement of his arms, but not the functioning of his liver, but the breath is quite unique as it happens unconsciously and also consciously, so the breath starts here on the surface and leads deep into subconsciousness. One is led to become aware of deeper depths of consciousness, and thus becomes finely attuned to finer and finer sublties of being, as it is being that is observing.

Last edited by Gem : 04-10-2010 at 05:51 AM.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Resonance

Dear Gem

Thank you for sharing wise words. People view and learn, but there is only sensible advice in your words so I suppose no one felt like arguing or disagreeing

Much love
R
Old 04-10-2010, 10:50 AM
Master
Hi Gem

Why do you meditate?

x daz x
Old 04-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Stormweaver

Yo Gem

Im one of those that have read this post but have not posted until now. I have only started to delve into meditation by going to a class which is locally situated.
Thanx for your tips.

Namaste bro !
Old 04-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Hi Gem

Why do you meditate?

x daz x

Hello,

The art of it is to see more deeply, perceive more intricately, experience more sublty.

I think I should say life is experienced by the body, but the body does exist across a wide range of density from the heavy physical to vibrations to quantum fluctuations, and these are experienced in proportion to depth and keeness of the minds awareness.

The practice brings finer and finer sublties into ones conscious awareness, so one can experience these finer sublties.

People have problem emotions, attachments, cravings and **** lingering from early childhood, so this witnessing of deepening reality reveals these deep rooted 'blocks' where previously they were subconscious. In effect they are brought to the surface and they pass away, and I have such pain and age old torments to unfurl.

In summary, experience is ever deepening and meditation is the way to become conscious of it, and by becoming conscious of it, any wounds are healed by taking them out at the roots.

In one word... Happiness.

Last edited by Gem : 04-10-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
In effect they are brought to the surface and they pass away, and I have such pain and age old torments to unfurl.

In summary, experience is ever deepening and meditation is the way to become conscious of it, and by becoming conscious of it, any wounds are healed by taking them out at the roots.

Yes absolutely.

Through meditation / self enquiry the same happened to me and still Is to a lesser degree. I am tying up loose ends so to speak.

Bringing to the surface all that needs to be seen and forgiven Is essential for an Individual - In order to purify the whole-self.

x daz x
Old 04-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I am tying up loose ends so to speak.

Bringing to the surface all that needs to be seen and forgiven Is essential for an Individual - In order to purify the whole-self.

x daz x

Yes... I'm calling this Surrender... of the remaining subtle knots of ego-mind into the pure truth of the Wholeness within and all around.

Xan

Old 05-10-2010, 04:20 AM
Ronald

Hi

The meditation has become essential now a days as it develops positive frame of mind.It also helps in relieving our mental stress.